TEAM: Gutbusters (June)

Options

Replies

• anita7164
    anita7164 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I’m hoping this turns into a scale victory next week. I didn’t go to it because I know I would have gone wayyyyy overboard with eating. Patting myself on the back.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    June 2
    Tracked- yes
    Calories- no, maybe 200 over?
    Exercise -yes

Tracked food, but estimated for some things, like husband's leftover takeout: greek salad with chicken.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 239
    Todays Weight: 239
  • JASunnyGirl
    JASunnyGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 238 on May 26
    Week 1 Weigh in 227.2.
    Must be carrying a lot of water weight.
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    June 2
    Exercise:20 minutes of movement
    Tracking:yes
    Calories:yes (within budget)
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Username: CrowChild
    Weigh in week: June Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 181.8
    Todays Weight: 180.0
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    June 2
    Exercise: yes 16k steps
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: no

400 calories over - could have been a lot worse ! Neighbours garden party today - going to have to make big effort to avoid temptation
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    June 3
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes

3 week tracked tdee was over 500 calories more today than for the previous two tracked 3wk tdees. Huh? Not sure why I've got the big diff, and not sure whether to make changes now or wait to see what the values are after another week. I think wait and see.
  • anita7164
    anita7164 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for team Gutbusters
    Date: June 3
    Exercised?: Yes power walked 1.42 miles in 21:14 mins this morning. Ran 2.65 miles in 33:05 mins. this morning. Performed Day 3 of these 30 day challenges: thigh slimming; flat abs; butt lift; sleek arms. I’m working my total body for a change.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    June 4
    Exercise:20 minutes of movement
    Tracking:yes
    Calories:above from budget
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod
    June Week 2
    Previous Weight: 200.5
    Current Weight: 197.0
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 3
    Exercised?: Yes. over 10,000 steps (drone track setup and takedown).

Racing quads again today. Fixed the broken one. Took till 2am, so this is why no post yesterday.

Out early before I could get breakfast, then was out all day. Was 1,600 calories off daily requirement by dinner and no way I could eat that much in one sitting.

So well under on food again today (sigh).

Fortunately my wife seems to be over her illness from last week now.

By her own idea, my wife has entered into a 30 day Keto challenge on a facebook. I fully support her on this as it may help manage with her type 2. She has had good results with low-carb diets in the past. Atkins has also helped her. Here's hoping she can stick with it to help get her down from >32 BMI (>30 is classified as obese - <25 is classified as normal in - I am round 21).

June 4
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 45mins (city walking).

Early flight interstate for work. Exercise and diet has gone all to hell. Doing what I can as I can, but still not ideal (or comfortable). Need to change hotels again in the morning.

Last weeks travel and the weekend has left me well short on calories and it's starting to turn up on the scale. But eating things that I know do not make me feel good healthy seems counter productive.

Only a little short on calories today, but not enough of what my wife classifies as "real" food.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 04 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Heavy heart today, involving issues both with work and family. The work matter will be resolved today hopefully, and we'll know more about the family issue later this week, but right now, I feel sick to my stomach.

Two months ago, I would have run to the kitchen pantry for solace. Today I'm here, reporting this to you all. We're all dealing with the ups and downs (and way, way downs) of living life. Some things we can't control, and some things we can. At least making a decision to eat well today, and take care of myself by exercising, means that no matter what, this day can have a bright spot.

Best wishes to you all today, as you deal with your ups and downs of this life.

@LesIckaBod. Hope all issues are resolved soon and in a good way for you (and your family).

Really well done for not trying to find the answers at the bottom of an ice-cream tub or cookie-jar.

Taking care of yourself leaves you in MUCH better condition to deal with life's issues. Work on what you can control and other things will fall into place.

It's the Serenity Prayer being played out.
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference."

You are a great example showing that having the healthy habits of eating and activity will help with everything else. Even if it is the only thing within your control. This can be the core from which the strength comes to deal with other things. "I am doing this right, so I am capable of doing good. From here good things will come".
  • westray16
    Options
    Username westray16
    Weighing day Monday
    Week 2
    Previous weight 190 lbs
    Today's weight 188.5

3 June
    Exercise: no 7k steps and my target is 10k plus over course of day
    Calories: no 600 over
  • westray16
    Options
    @LesIckaBod
    Sounds like you are going through a very rough time. Hope it turns out alright.
    Your resolve to look after yourself is admirable - well done

Best wishes
This discussion has been closed.