aeloine
    June Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 222.8
    Current Weight: 222
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 I’ll be out of town this coming Monday but will make sure to weigh in on Thursday when I get back. Just wanted to give you a heads up!
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    June 14

Exercise Yes 10.5k steps - 9k of these were following my 23 year old daughter round a large indoor shopping centre in Manchester with my credit card. Retail therapy for her birthday. Good job it's only once per year.
    And strengthening exercises as I had to carry round all the purchases! I was surprised how many steps you can do just shopping though!

Calories Yes
    Tracked Yes

A great day!
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 139.2
    Current weight: 138.4
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    June 14
    Exercise: No
    Calories: No
    Tracking: No

The impromptu birthday party we meant to have last weekend was moved to yesterday instead -- better weather so kids could play outside, plus we've had other parties or celebrations everyday since last Friday, and more coming up this weekend, as it's my husband's 20th high school reunion. We spent the morning cleaning up. I don't have a fitbit anymore (I was actually demotivated by the darn thing, deep in my self-sabotage stage), but my husband logged over 16000 steps, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was at least around 8000. I stayed on track for breakfast and lunch and half of the party, but then chose to have a hot dog, some cupcakes (plural, I know!) and ice cream, plus some assorted snacks - Chex mix, peanuts, that kind of thing. This was the first celebration in this long string that I've indulged this dramatically.

I know for certain I could have resisted all of the things I chose to have. This binge ... was it my old self-sabotage, or a near-cousin, dipping my toes back into risky behavior for me? This was too much to be simply "enjoying the celebration."

I'm thinking a lot about what happened, and why, and what it means for the future.

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 15
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5km in 40mins (half of which was carrying luggage to travel home)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Travelled home. Airline stuffed up meal preference when they cancelled my flight and had to re-book me on another flight. Late light dinner when I finally got home.

I got home safe, so it's not all bad :) .

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 15 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (63.2kg) 139.3
    Todays Weight: (62.5kg) 137.8

Unable to weigh in Wednesday as away all week (again). First chance was Saturday morning (again).

This is my lightest weigh in to date. This is not necessarily a good thing. Remember I am a 175cm (5'9") male.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    @craigo3154 I’ll be out of town this coming Monday but will make sure to weigh in on Thursday when I get back. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

@eevang. Thank you.

Just as long as you weigh in before Saturday, all will be good on the competition side of things.

Travel safe and have a great time.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    westray16 wrote: »
    June 14

Exercise Yes 10.5k steps - 9k of these were following my 23 year old daughter round a large indoor shopping centre in Manchester with my credit card. Retail therapy for her birthday. Good job it's only once per year.
    And strengthening exercises as I had to carry round all the purchases! I was surprised how many steps you can do just shopping though!

Calories Yes
    Tracked Yes

A great day!

@westray16. Fantastic you had a great day. You can do A LOT of steps shopping. Wonderful to spend time with family.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    June 14
    Exercise: No
    Calories: No
    Tracking: No

The impromptu birthday party we meant to have last weekend was moved to yesterday instead -- better weather so kids could play outside, plus we've had other parties or celebrations everyday since last Friday, and more coming up this weekend, as it's my husband's 20th high school reunion. We spent the morning cleaning up. I don't have a fitbit anymore (I was actually demotivated by the darn thing, deep in my self-sabotage stage), but my husband logged over 16000 steps, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was at least around 8000. I stayed on track for breakfast and lunch and half of the party, but then chose to have a hot dog, some cupcakes (plural, I know!) and ice cream, plus some assorted snacks - Chex mix, peanuts, that kind of thing. This was the first celebration in this long string that I've indulged this dramatically.

I know for certain I could have resisted all of the things I chose to have. This binge ... was it my old self-sabotage, or a near-cousin, dipping my toes back into risky behavior for me? This was too much to be simply "enjoying the celebration."

I'm thinking a lot about what happened, and why, and what it means for the future.

@LesIckaBod. For celebrations you do not NEED to resists. They are occasional. You do not need to be mindful for the day. Just get back on track the next day.

One thing you can do is see how you physically feel after such a day. Are you "sluggish"? Are you "energetic"? Are you "tired"? Listen to what your body is telling you about what you ate.

You need to participate in life and it's celebrations (why else are you living :) ). But even when over-indulging on the occasion, consume what will not make you physically feel bad.

I have celebrations coming up as I turn 50 later this month. I will eat what I know does not make me feel bad. I've found I am gluten sensitive so I cut back on the cakes and biscuits. But ice-cream, chocolate, sugar etc are all OK for me so I will likely have more of what most people consider bad.

When I stopped drinking soda every day (over a year ago), my sweet sensitivity returned. So now there are some foods that are "too sweet". (I also drink unsweetened black tea or water between meals.)

@LesIckaBod. Don't over-think yesterday. Occasional indulgences are fine, even necessary. But they are occasional. Recognise yesterday being a good day to celebrate with family and friends and it's back to normality today.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day for: @fe452436. @typeitdaily.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous week's weight: 189.4 pounds
    Current weight: 187.8 pounds

Thanks for the advice on the weights @craigo3154, super helpful!
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

@LesIckaBod. For celebrations you do not NEED to resists. They are occasional. You do not need to be mindful for the day. Just get back on track the next day.

One thing you can do is see how you physically feel after such a day. Are you "sluggish"? Are you "energetic"? Are you "tired"? Listen to what your body is telling you about what you ate.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, @craigo3154 . Here's the good news:

June 15
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

So, I was back on track the next day. In terms of how I felt, I felt ok, but quite tired. Post-party, I definitely felt woozy as I was falling asleep, almost like I'd been drinking alcohol, and I think it was because of having too much sugar. That darned third cupcake, which I had after the kids' bedtime, is the one that strikes as me as more than just celebration, and possibly risky behavior for me. I'll stop while I'm ahead next time.

Anyway, I got back on track, and amazingly, my weight was back down this morning, so it looks like the upset was minor.

Happy weekend, everyone!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    June 16
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5km in 38mins (hills)

Nice to be on familiar ground again. Managed to avoid the winter rain for the walk. Saw a deer in the forest (deer are not native here and fairly rare).

This mornings weigh in was very low. Lower than I like. Will have to eat more.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 16 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    June 16
    Exercised?: Yes, ran 5.29km out on the track.
  • craigo3154
    Options
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous weight:190 lbs
    Weight this week:192.5 lbs
    Sorry for the gain.Its because we had the Eid celebrations this week.
  • JASunnyGirl
    JASunnyGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Username: @MoreThanMySize
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 238 on May 26
    previous week Weigh in 226.2
    Week 3 Weigh in 227.6

• JASunnyGirl
    JASunnyGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tracking no
    Calories no
    Workout. Just met my Fitbit goal
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Username: CrowChild
    Weigh in week: June Week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 177.4
    Today's Weight: 177.0

Some bad choices this week, mostly balanced by a lot of good choices. Onwards.
This discussion has been closed.