TEAM: Gutbusters (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Jen, I am 35 and live just outside of DC. I have been battling my weight since I could walk petty much. I have gone from being anorexic as a teen to a binge eater as an adult.

I've been using MFP for over 5 years now and when I first started I did awesome and lost 70lbs and then life happened with knee surgery that took me out for over a year, and then a car accident for another year, and I find myself sitting at the heaviest I have ever been and older and completely miserable.

My ideal weight that I would be very comfortable at would be 180...I'm currently at 300.5 lbs. It is going to be a long journey and I need all the extra help I can get. I was so successful before when I would do challenges so I'm hoping this is my missing link that will help me get on the right path towards a healthier and happier life.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

I like to weigh in on Sundays to keep me focused Friday and Saturday.
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Amy and I'm 32 living in South Carolina. I have been struggling with my weight for the last 13 years since having my first child. Although over the last couple years the weight has continued to pile on. Over the last year I reached highest weight of 225.

I restarted this journey on June 10th at 224 pounds. For the first time ever I think I will actually be successful. I think this challenge is just what I need to try and motivate me to keep going. My goal weight is 160 with my dream goal weight being in the 140's.
  • doverlyk
    doverlyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kristyn and I live in Northern VA near(ish) DC! Weight loss and I have a hardcore on again off again relationship. Apparently I am a bit of a commitment-phobe to diet and exercise.

I did really well last year and lost about 35 pounds. Then my will power to fight the urge to binge eat broke down and I gained back about 15 before I got myself under control. With my 29th birthday coming up, I decided to make another go at it in hopes of entering my 30s healthier, happier, and more comfortable with my own body.

At my largest (last summer) I was 258. Now I am at 239. Ideally, I would love to be down to 150, but my short term goal is to get under 200! I weigh myself officially on Mondays, but I like to hop on the scale on Thursdays too for a mid week motivation boost!

I am really excited to do this challenge. I am very competitive and thrive when I have a team pushing me and tearing down my excuses!
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi new and returning Gutbusters! I'm Les (and getting lesser! woot!), 39, mom of 2.

I've always been heavy, but 14 years ago I was able to lose 20 pounds, putting me into a healthy BMI. Problem was, I didn't do strength training at the same time, I really didn't understand how the right mix of proteins, fats, and carbs could provide satiety and promote fat loss and muscle gain, and I didn't have the right habits established to make it stick. So of course I gained it all back, plus more, and worse, I started thinking that it would be impossible for me to ever lose weight successfully. I really got inside my head about that, and I would sabotage myself.

I got information about my personal and family medical history that finally caused me to knock the self-sabotage out of my brain (mostly) and focus on getting my health in order. I started trying to lose in April, joining Gutbusters for May and June. Since I started in April, I've lost 23.3 lbs on the scale, and I've had a couple of InBody body composition scans that show I've lost 25.5 lbs of actual fat, and gained 1.1 lbs of skeletal muscle mass. I've still got a long way to go -- the InBody recommendation is 46.5 lbs of fat to lose -- but I have optimism, and more knowledge, and better habits -- and you all!

Thanks to everyone joining up for July. I really learn a lot from all of you, and appreciate having you here!

• mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the team this month, happy to join and be a part of this!

I'm MJ, age 48, female, Southerner living in New England, wife to husband of 15 years and mom to 12 year old daughter,

I've been really struggling with my weight the last 5 years and been watching the scale inch up (high of 172) further and further until I now don't even recognize myself in the mirror. I was healthy and slim/fit my entire life until my 40's when life stresses and running injuries caused weight gain through bad eating habits, excessive alcohol consumption and the inability to work out like I wanted.

I have taken a break from long distance running (due to repeated injuries) and am now focusing on eating the healthiest I can and exercising with a focus on strength building not cardio. I started The Betty Rocker 30 Day challenge on 6/19, which is all body weight exercises and I am running short distances 1-2 times a week.

I recommitted to my weight loss about 10 days ago and I am currently eating a fairly clean diet, nothing processed, and am limiting gluten, dairy, sugar, and alcohol. I'm also following IF (intermittent fasting), eating within an 8 hr window and fasting 16 hrs daily. If I need to make an exception to these guidelines, I'm okay with that, everything in moderation.

I currently have between 27-37 lbs to lose to be at my goal weight. I hope to reach this goal at some point in the fall.

I'm really exciting for this challenge and hope to be below 160 before it is over!
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tanya and I live in Northern California. I'm 43 and I have three amazing boys. My kids are very active in various sports and I'm on the board for a few of those. Our lives are super busy and active, and that's my motivation. My kids. I need to be able to keep up and I want to be healthy for myself and my kids. I have tried MFP several times, but for me this time is different. I'm ready. I have goals and I will meet them.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Hello team Gutbusters.

I will be your coach again for this month. My role here is to help motivate, encourage.

I am also the primary moderator for the TBL challenge. I rely heavily on the support of the team captains to make this successful as it is too much for one person to do alone.

At this stage team Gutbusters does not have a captain. Please PM me (@craigo3145.) if you feel you could fulfil this role. A team captain's primary role is to also help motivate and encourage the team. A team captain's secondary role is to enter weekly weigh-in data into the competition spreadsheet. Should be about 15mins per day.

As coach, I am running an optional mini-challenge within the Gutbusters team again this month.

Now an introduction:

I am a happily married 50yo father of one. I live in Melbourne Australia. I am passionate about helping people. Late August last year I passed my minimum goal weight (70kg - down from 91.5kg) and am now trying to maintain without bouncing back too far. I achieved the reduction in 4 months (so 40+ lbs in 4 months).

As I am now actively trying to NOT lose weight. At BMI 20.4 and less than 8% body fat, it would be crazy (if not dangerous) for me to try lose more weight.

(Why would someone not losing weight want to run a weight loss challenge? Because it helps so many people and I feel I have so much to share. I learned so much losing weight that I seems a shame to not have it benefit others.).

About the mini-challenge.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. (If you take the attitude that "this is not what I signed up for", that is up to you).

I used the principles of this challenge to win July (6.29% - down 10.8 lbs) and August (6.44% - down 10.4 lbs). Following this challenge does work.

The challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.
    1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognised in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

Using this strategy of consistent tracking and minimal exercise I have set a lifestyle plan that should keep me in my target weight range. (has for the last month :) )

I liked this strategy as:
    • No dietary restrictions. (fine for vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, paleo, carnivore, etc...)
    • Works with whatever strategy you may want to follow. (keto, 5:2, 16:8, atkins, etc..).
    • You set your own daily budget (MFP helps with this).
    • You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run).
    • Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    • Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work.

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

You will find out more from me as the weeks go on. I have done A LOT of research into weight loss, diets, health and strength. I will happily share what I have learned with the group.

My commitment to this group is to post my daily results for this accountability tracking (and help out where I can).

I also post a daily strength challenge.

The daily strength challenge is additional to the 20 mins exercise in the mini-challenge. It is designed to:
    • build lean muscle (not bulk).
    • be quick (5 mins).
    • use no equipment (bodyweight only) and minimal space.
    • no impact so gentle on joints.
    • cycle through arms, legs and core with enough recovery time to get best results.
    Building lean muscle is one of the best ways to lose weight as lean muscle burns energy while at rest (sleep and lose weight :) ).

I will start cross posting my daily status posts into this thread.

So Welcome July Gutbusters.

• craigo3154
    Options
    June 27
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km walking in North Sydney.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

3km over lunch and but only short walk for dinner.

Nothing much else to report.

Early night tonight. Tired.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 27 is side lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    jenfett1 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! My name is Jen, I am 35 and live just outside of DC. I have been battling my weight since I could walk petty much. I have gone from being anorexic as a teen to a binge eater as an adult.

I've been using MFP for over 5 years now and when I first started I did awesome and lost 70lbs and then life happened with knee surgery that took me out for over a year, and then a car accident for another year, and I find myself sitting at the heaviest I have ever been and older and completely miserable.

My ideal weight that I would be very comfortable at would be 180...I'm currently at 300.5 lbs. It is going to be a long journey and I need all the extra help I can get. I was so successful before when I would do challenges so I'm hoping this is my missing link that will help me get on the right path towards a healthier and happier life.

@jenfett1. Welcome.

Developing a healthy relationship between you and food will be a first step in the right direction. Hopefully this challenge can help there.

Developing normal eating patterns will be the path to success, not dieting (which you stop and start), not exercise (you cannot out-exercise a bad diet). Everyone I have met or talked to that has lost weight an kept it off for more than 2 years, this was the secret to their success.

Looking forward to a great month. Welcome.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    ahelgers10 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Amy and I'm 32 living in South Carolina. I have been struggling with my weight for the last 13 years since having my first child. Although over the last couple years the weight has continued to pile on. Over the last year I reached highest weight of 225.

I restarted this journey on June 10th at 224 pounds. For the first time ever I think I will actually be successful. I think this challenge is just what I need to try and motivate me to keep going. My goal weight is 160 with my dream goal weight being in the 140's.

@ahelgers10. Welcome along Amy.

225 to 160 is definitely achievable, but be prepared for this to take the greater part of a year.

Kids, family and other commitments make weight management hard, but not impossible. Just a little bit each day and you can get to your goals. Always remember why you start. If the why is big enough, the how takes care of itself.

The real challenge is to make changes that manage your weight and size in the right direction that you can live with. I and the other Gutbusters will help you as we can with this.

Best of fortune for a great month.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    doverlyk wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Kristyn and I live in Northern VA near(ish) DC! Weight loss and I have a hardcore on again off again relationship. Apparently I am a bit of a commitment-phobe to diet and exercise.

I did really well last year and lost about 35 pounds. Then my will power to fight the urge to binge eat broke down and I gained back about 15 before I got myself under control. With my 29th birthday coming up, I decided to make another go at it in hopes of entering my 30s healthier, happier, and more comfortable with my own body.

At my largest (last summer) I was 258. Now I am at 239. Ideally, I would love to be down to 150, but my short term goal is to get under 200! I weigh myself officially on Mondays, but I like to hop on the scale on Thursdays too for a mid week motivation boost!

I am really excited to do this challenge. I am very competitive and thrive when I have a team pushing me and tearing down my excuses!

@doverlyk. Welcome Kristyn. You definitely sound like you have the right attitude "competitive and willing to tear down excuses". Hopefully this will we a good month for you.

Losing 35 lbs in a year is fantastic. Gaining back 15 tells me that there was some things in your method that could improve. (happy to share my advice and experience on this).

Being a commitment-phobe should not be too much of an issue. The greatest success is with small changes, not big ones. The trick is working out what changes are required that you can live with.

The mini-challenge I have (reporting daily activity, tracking and whether in budget) was the key to my longer term success. I highly encourage you to follow this as it will keep your focus on what you are doing.

All the best for this month.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Hi new and returning Gutbusters! I'm Les (and getting lesser! woot!), 39, mom of 2.

I've always been heavy, but 14 years ago I was able to lose 20 pounds, putting me into a healthy BMI. Problem was, I didn't do strength training at the same time, I really didn't understand how the right mix of proteins, fats, and carbs could provide satiety and promote fat loss and muscle gain, and I didn't have the right habits established to make it stick. So of course I gained it all back, plus more, and worse, I started thinking that it would be impossible for me to ever lose weight successfully. I really got inside my head about that, and I would sabotage myself.

I got information about my personal and family medical history that finally caused me to knock the self-sabotage out of my brain (mostly) and focus on getting my health in order. I started trying to lose in April, joining Gutbusters for May and June. Since I started in April, I've lost 23.3 lbs on the scale, and I've had a couple of InBody body composition scans that show I've lost 25.5 lbs of actual fat, and gained 1.1 lbs of skeletal muscle mass. I've still got a long way to go -- the InBody recommendation is 46.5 lbs of fat to lose -- but I have optimism, and more knowledge, and better habits -- and you all!

Thanks to everyone joining up for July. I really learn a lot from all of you, and appreciate having you here!

@LesIckaBod. Les. Great to have you continuing. You have been an absolute star these last few months.

Please continue to share how you achieve your success and help others.

As you mentioned, the mix of fats, protein and carbs is crucial for maintaining a healthy body. Some can do it naturally. The rest of us need to devote effort to tracking and reviewing our daily intake to ensure we are getting what we need and not too much of it.

All the best for a fantastic July.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the team this month, happy to join and be a part of this!

I'm MJ, age 48, female, Southerner living in New England, wife to husband of 15 years and mom to 12 year old daughter,

I've been really struggling with my weight the last 5 years and been watching the scale inch up (high of 172) further and further until I now don't even recognize myself in the mirror. I was healthy and slim/fit my entire life until my 40's when life stresses and running injuries caused weight gain through bad eating habits, excessive alcohol consumption and the inability to work out like I wanted.

I have taken a break from long distance running (due to repeated injuries) and am now focusing on eating the healthiest I can and exercising with a focus on strength building not cardio. I started The Betty Rocker 30 Day challenge on 6/19, which is all body weight exercises and I am running short distances 1-2 times a week.

I recommitted to my weight loss about 10 days ago and I am currently eating a fairly clean diet, nothing processed, and am limiting gluten, dairy, sugar, and alcohol. I'm also following IF (intermittent fasting), eating within an 8 hr window and fasting 16 hrs daily. If I need to make an exception to these guidelines, I'm okay with that, everything in moderation.

I currently have between 27-37 lbs to lose to be at my goal weight. I hope to reach this goal at some point in the fall.

I'm really exciting for this challenge and hope to be below 160 before it is over!

@mthomas0228. Hi MJ. You are definitely doing a lot and seem to be going in the right direction. Also the "If I need to make an exception to these guidelines, I'm okay with that, everything in moderation." is quite hearting to hear.

Sad to hear about the running injuries. If running was a passion, then this can hit twice as hard (inactivity and emotional eating).

As long as you keep in calorie deficit (and not too far in deficit), it sounds as if you should be able to lose the 27-37 lbs you want. It will take a few months though. It didn't go on overnight, so it will not disappear overnight either.

Looking forward to hearing more from you thoughout July.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tanya and I live in Northern California. I'm 43 and I have three amazing boys. My kids are very active in various sports and I'm on the board for a few of those. Our lives are super busy and active, and that's my motivation. My kids. I need to be able to keep up and I want to be healthy for myself and my kids. I have tried MFP several times, but for me this time is different. I'm ready. I have goals and I will meet them.

@sweetnsassy1491. Tanya. Pleased to meet you. Family is so important (and can keep you VERY busy).

MFP on it's own will not make you lose weight. Same way buying a gym membership does not build muscle. It the use of it that makes the difference.

Be sure in all the running around after your boys, you find some time for you.

Welcome and hope you have a great month.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Soap box time: (Just a ramble of what is on my mind)

I have been using MFP for over a year. I have lost over 50 lbs and kept it off. I also did a LOT of research on health, weight management, psychology, diabeties and many other topics in learning how to lose weight and keep it off.

Key things I have learned:

#1. In general the "Diet" industry is driven by profit and fads, not the best interest of the people they are supposed to help.

#2. General education about diet and nutrition has been historically VERY wrong and drive by interest groups.

#3. Joe average has almost no clue on how to maintain a healthy body in a modern Westernised society (where food is plentiful and the need for daily activity is reduced).

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, not point in going on a diet. If you go on a diet you invariably come off it. You need to adopt a lifestyle you can live with that will maintain your health. Make your habits so your habits can make you. You do not need gym equipment, exercise equipment, supplements, fat burners, etc... You can lose weight VERY successfully for no cost.

The food pyramid is WRONG, disastrously wrong (and created by the same government agencies that subsidises the long shelf life foods that are at the base of the pyramid that seem to be the cause of the obesity/diabeties epidemic). Bread, flour, sugar, in fact any fibre depleted carbohydrate supplies a disproportionate number of calories to the amount of satiety (fullness) they create. Consequently they are easy to over-eat.

The only foods that really promote satiety (fullness) are: Fibre, Fat and Protein. All natural carbohydrates occur with fibre. Most food processing for carbohydrate rich food reduces the fibre. This increases shelf life and promotes over-eating. Unfortunately most "comfort food" is high in processed carbohydrate.

Fat does not make you fat (or increase LDL cholesterol - bad cholesterol as opposed to HDL and triglycerides). Trans fat (hydrolysed oils - flying foods in oil) reduce the bodies ability to regulate LDL. Fats are not passed as fat into the bloodstream, but broken down into glycerides (mono-, bi- and tri-) but not glycerol (glycerol is needed to make adipose tissue - fat, but can also be broken back down into glucose). Fats do make you feel full.

There are essential fats, amino acids (proteins), vitamins and minerals, but no essential carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates do provide quick energy, but absorption is slowed by fibre (reduced insulin spike). Fibre without carbohydrate is effectively useless, is not absorbed and just flushed from the body.

Carbohydrates should be consumed with protein to limit protein synthesis (protein scavenging from free muscle tissue).

Intermittent fasting's primary benefit is to lower insulin levels to restore/increase insulin sensitivity. This can aid in "reversing" type 2 diabetes. It's overall calorie deficit that will allow you to lose weight.

I am almost convinced that obesity is a side effect of type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes, not the cause. If a type 2 diabetic or a pre-diabetic can restore insulin sensitivity, it is likely hunger and weight will be similarly reduced. Remember, not all obesity is cause by insulin de-sensitivity. Only in cases where the obesity is a side effect of insulin de-sensitivity will restoring the sensitivity promote weight loss.

(Enough for now).
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    jenfett1 wrote: »

@jenfett1. Welcome.

Developing a healthy relationship between you and food will be a first step in the right direction. Hopefully this challenge can help there.

Developing normal eating patterns will be the path to success, not dieting (which you stop and start), not exercise (you cannot out-exercise a bad diet). Everyone I have met or talked to that has lost weight an kept it off for more than 2 years, this was the secret to their success.

Looking forward to a great month. Welcome.

@craigo3154
    You are absolutely correct that diets aren't the way to go and that exercise can't out run a bad diet. When I was successful before, I cut down on eating out, cooked more at home, made sure I was eating a balanced diet, cut out alcohol, and had smaller meals throughout the day, as well as walking every day. My body ran efficiently and I felt amazing.

It is a lot of work to not only lose weight but also to maintain, for me the challenge that I have to master is creating sustainable healthy habbits and not allowing old habbits to creep back in as I did before.

I know I've got this...I just have to stay focused, patient and don't make excuses.

I am very happy I found this challenge!
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Caitlynn, and I'm a new member to the team. I'm a 25 year old teacher who used to be extremely active in high school but had a pretty bad relationship with food (i.e. I ate whatever I wanted because I was so active I never gained weight).

During undergrad and grad school, I kept my food habits but lost all the activities and put on 45 lbs of weight over the last 6 or so years. I haven't been in the healthy range for my height (5'6") since I was 18, and I would ultimately like to get close!

I'm starting at 188.1 lbs (weighed in today!), and I'm hoping to get to 154 lbs over the next year. I also have a side goal to lose about 15 lbs over the next four months before a trip I have planned 😊
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Caitlynn, and I'm a new member to the team. I'm a 25 year old teacher who used to be extremely active in high school but had a pretty bad relationship with food (i.e. I ate whatever I wanted because I was so active I never gained weight).

During undergrad and grad school, I kept my food habits but lost all the activities and put on 45 lbs of weight over the last 6 or so years. I haven't been in the healthy range for my height (5'6") since I was 18, and I would ultimately like to get close!

I'm starting at 188.1 lbs (weighed in today!), and I'm hoping to get to 154 lbs over the next year. I also have a side goal to lose about 15 lbs over the next four months before a trip I have planned 😊

@caitlynns727. Welcome Caitlynn. 15lbs should be doable in about 2 months with consistent work. This is about 1% per week.

What defines consistent work. The biggest thing is keeping in calorie budget each day. Use MFP to get an estimate and track what you eat (everything). To really make it work, make sure you do not add back anything more than 1/2 exercise calories.

How you get inside calorie budget is up to you. The easiest way (without feeling hungry), is to proportionally increase consumption of foods with protein and natural fats and decrease foods with carbohydrate (especially processed carbohydrate - sugar, wheat/wheat flour, fruit juice, etc..).

Soups are another hunger buster as combining food in a liquid broth slows regulates it's passage from the stomach through the small intestine staving off hunger longer.

Activity, exercise, sports are good and burn more energy. However the real benefit of activity is better mobility, health, circulation and mental function. No good having a healthy weight body if it is out of condition and you cannot enjoy doing things with it. I've said it before, you cannot out-exercise a bad diet.

Ideally you should be setting up habits that help you for the rest of your life (not just take weight off).

The rest of the team is here to encourage and help you where they can.

Make July your month.

Welcome aboard.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    June 28
    Exercised?: Yes. 12km walking in North Sydney.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

3km over lunch and 9km over dinner.

Fly back home tomorrow.

Early night tonight. Tired.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 28 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Elise, a mid-twenties English teacher living in Va with Aspen, my maltese mix furbaby. I’ve been a part of this team since January.

I'm not traditionally a fan of exercise, but I am now addicted to it. I keep pushing myself at the gym and have recently started to run on the treadmill for short sprints. I started small with the optional challenges (you’ll learn about them soon if you aren’t already familiar with them) and have built up my strength ever since.

I am very committed to tracking my calories and keeping under my calorie goal. I began my weight loss journey October 30 and have lost about 45 pounds to date. I've been using HealthyWage and DietBet to keep on track and have realized that I needed the tangible benefits of winning money to stay committed. I've tried weight loss and tracking before and never made it past a month or ten pounds.

My message to others is to push through the plateaus. I spent a month dancing around 196 pounds while doing everything right. However, the pounds have come off fairly easily since then.

I try to stay fairly active on these threads. I think it keeps me in the right (growth) mindset! I’m so happy to see new and returning faces!! Looks like we will have a great month.
This discussion has been closed.