TEAM: Gutbusters (July)

Options

Replies

• LydiaKate1995
    LydiaKate1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I’m Lydia 23 years old nursery assistant. I’ve used MFP before when I was in school and it worked well. So I’m back here now after being in uni and gaining 4 st, I’m actually struggling with binge eating right now and I need the support and motivation not to. So I hope this July challenge will keep me on track!

I’ve made going to the gym a part of my life for the past 3 months and I’ve been fairly good been going around 3 times a week when I can. I actually feel guilty when I don’t go on my set days.

My eating is what’s letting me down now. So here’s to July, let’s make it count.
  • fatburner2018
    fatburner2018 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi I'm Fatima from Nigerian ,I used to weigh 54kg but after I had a car accident I piled on alot of weight my heaviest was 93kg
    I need to get to an ideal weigh and I hope to achieve that by being here
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    June 30
    Exercised?: Yes - 2.25 mile run and walk after
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Also completed the daily strength challenge!

Tomorrow will be my day off since we are having a cookout! It is normally a rest day but I'm going to wake up a bit early and get a walk in. I'll be doing my best to stay mindful but no tracking tomorrow!
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    June 30
    Exercised?: Yes. Over 10k steps. 45 minutes on treadmill with an incline of 4.

Had a high calorie lunch today, was intentional but I worked out hard and made better choices throughout the day and lots of water. Weigh in is in the morning for me. Even if the scale is not kind, I've had a very successful week. I'm fully motivated and inspired again and I feel so happy.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi there, everyone, I'm Tara and this is my second month to be a Gutbuster.

I'm a cyclical dieter. I've lost and gained 70lbs three times in my life, each time bouncing back to a higher weight. This time I'm determined to make changes to how I eat, not what I eat.

I have a difficult relationship with food. I've always been the ectomorph in a family of endomorphs, and even as a child I knew I was the fat one and the odd one out. (That's not what pictures show, but it's how I felt). Even when I'm at normal BMI I feel like the fat girl in the room.

I have five kids aged from 19 to 1-year-old twins, and I've always cooked healthy meals. Where I fall down is snacks, particularly ones that combine fats and sugars. I'm fighting that at the moment with a combination of not keeping snacks in the house (sorry kids) and a mindset that they're not for me. I'm not able to stick to small nibbles -- a half slice of birthday cake becomes a full birthday cake, for example, and then I'm off the wagon for a couple of weeks.

I'm making good progress this time (like I always do), but I feel the rest of the iceburg lurking under the water. Unless I get my head right I know that I'll hit the wrong roadblock and bounce my way right back up again.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Username: CrowChild
    Weigh in week: July Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 178.4
    Today's Weight: 173.6

This feels like a huge loss, but really it's because last week was a bad week and this week I'm getting back on track.
  • fatburner2018
    fatburner2018 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: fatburner2018
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 197.7
    Today's Weight: 191.8
  • LydiaKate1995
    LydiaKate1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Username: LydiaKate1995
    Weigh in week: July week 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous weeks weight: 306lbs
    Today’s weight: 306lbs

Last week was a bad week of binge eating, this week I’m determined not to.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    July 1
    Exercised?: Yes. Drone racing - over 10,000 steps.

Good flying. Skills are still improving. Unfortunately one craft now out of action, but I have others that are still flyable.

Interstate again tomorrow morning.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for July 01 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Username: ahelgers10
    Previous Week's weight: 212.6
    Today's Weight: 209
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Username: jenfett1
    Previous Week's weight: 300.5
    Today's Weight: 296.7
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Username: ariel808
    Weigh in week: Week 5 (and starting weight for July)
    Previous Week's Weight: 217.4
    Todays Weight: 218.2

Hopefully I did that right!
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    username: cjscoey
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's Weight: 179
    Thursday's Weight: 177 (sorry if I was supposed to weigh in today this is my first time)

July 1
    Exercised?: Yes. Swam 43 mins

Not sure if I did this correctly, first time in a challenge.
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    July 1
    Exercised?: Yes - 11,000 steps during a long walk today
    Calories?: Didn't track, but probably not!
    Tracked?: No

Still completed the daily strength challenge and ended the day with almost 19k steps. Happy I was active to help counteract all the food I ate today. Back at it tomorrow!
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    July 1

Exercise?:No
    Tracking?:Yes
    Calories?:Yes

• ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    July 1

Exercise?: Yes Walking, target 14,000 steps, achieved 16,000 steps
    Tracking?: Yes Everything tracked
    Calories?: Yes Under calories target slightly
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Username: ginjennie
    Weigh in week: July week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous weeks weight: 165lbs
    Today’s weight: 165lbs

No weight loss, stayed the same this week. Had a bit of late snacking binge on Saturday evening, evening snacking I need to work on this week.

I did however measure myself and have lost an inch across my hips and waist
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    July 1st
    exercised: busy day at work, 16k steps
    calories: yes
    tracked: yes

Welcome to the newbies this month! (and hi to the returners!) :)
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh-In
    Monday July 2
    Previous Weight: 191.8
    Current Weight: 190.2

Road trip started last Wednesday -- 1200+ miles in two days, and now we're here for the next 3.5 weeks. I got the fitbit scale working yesterday, and I'm astonished by the loss. I'd been mindful of eating and continued exercising, but I wasn't tracking calories just because of the difficulty measuring and finding accurate calorie data for some restaurants.

But... I will say that I thought of all the weeks to undertake that drive, this was a better one. I've been tracking my 3-week TDEE (@craigo3154 wrote out the instructions back in May - thank you!) and I had previously seen that my TDEE seems to increase hugely periodically, and I predicted I was reaching that phase again. I've found some more information about this effect here on MFP: Women - menstrual cycle, weight and fitness matters
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    July 2
    Exercised?: Yes. 8km in 60 mins (various walks in North Sydney).

Interstate (again). Dodged rain showers in the evening to get dinner and walk.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for July 02 is dips ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
This discussion has been closed.