Summer of Sleep

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Sleep last night 6 hr 41 min. Awake 1 hr 28 min. In bed (couch) 8:37 pm awake 4:46 am. My alarm was set for 5 am but I was awake. I had a cup of coffee and went for 3.22 mile walk and then some yoga. Jonny arrives at 7 am.

Well, @PinkyPan1, a sunrise walk does sound lovely!
  • themedalist
    Options
    This is a miracle. Last night after watching a little tv I forced myself to go to bed at 10. Feels so good. Lets see how many more nights of good sleep I can get.

Well done, @prgirl39mfp!

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    My goal is 8 hours. Last night I slept 6 hrs 24 min with 55 min of restlessness.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    My goal is 7-8. I got 6.43 I know I took a while to fall asleep as well.
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Slept 7 hr and 33 minutes last night with 20 mins of restlessness.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,904 Member
    Options
    7 hours 40 minutes. Not bad, since I went to bed annoyed. ;)
  • themedalist
    Options
    6 hours 45 minutes with 51 minutes awake. It took me longer to fall asleep last night because I dozed a bit before officially turning in and that made me less tired when I finally went to sleep. I’ve got to watch that. Limit the pre-bedtime snoozing.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    A rough night last night. 6 hrs 26 min with 114 minutes of restlessness.

Last night as I was winding down and getting ready for bed there was breaking news of a child being abused by a daycare provider. WIthout warning a video of her harming this poor child was aired. I shut the tv off as fast as I could but what I saw haunts me. I can not shake the images of her deliberately hurting this child. I cried off and on during the night for this child. Said many prayers and just could not get the image out of my head. I woke up at 3 am on my yoga mat. When I can not sleep due to pain I often get on my mat and stretch or meditate. I think I was praying and meditating and must have fallen asleep.

I am still bothered by this.

• themedalist
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    A rough night last night. 6 hrs 26 min with 114 minutes of restlessness.

Last night as I was winding down and getting ready for bed there was breaking news of a child being abused by a daycare provider. WIthout warning a video of her harming this poor child was aired. I shut the tv off as fast as I could but what I saw haunts me. I can not shake the images of her deliberately hurting this child. I cried off and on during the night for this child. Said many prayers and just could not get the image out of my head. I woke up at 3 am on my yoga mat. When I can not sleep due to pain I often get on my mat and stretch or meditate. I think I was praying and meditating and must have fallen asleep.

I am still bothered by this.

I am so sorry to hear this, @PinkyPan1. That is terrible news and it’s natural that your sleep was impacted. Wishing you a better nights sleep tonight.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @PinkyPan1 I am so sorry. How awful. I cannot watch the news before bed for that same reason. Hope today is a better day!

Last night was 4 hrs and 30 minutes. Had another tough conversation with my husband. It was my fault, so it took me a while to fall asleep. This time I did not win. Guess we cannot win them all.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Because sleep is so essential but also not something we can completely control, I thought it made sense to make this a two week challenge. We will have a new challenge starting on Monday, but those of us who are committed to getting better sleep let’s continue this challenge next week as well.

Sounds like a good plan :)