Summer of Sleep

Options

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Lucky. Glad I was able to get some good sleep.

@77tes I am using little to no clothes to sleep as suggested by my OBGYN for the hot flashes and summer heat and so far it has helped me tons.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    7 hrs 29 min with 56 min restlessness.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    6 hours 25 minutes last night. I've been averaging 6 hours 30 minutes over the last week. Waking up without the alarm and feeling good, but I think 7 hours would be better. (I feel like Superwoman when I consistently get 7 hours). I know I'm staying up later and later. I'm going to start dialing that down tonight.

It truly is a process!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    Last night: somewhere around 6 hours

What are you all using to get light sleep, deep sleep & restlessness data?

Is anyone using an Apple Watch? I haven’t because I charge it at night.

Thanks for any info!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Slept 6h 17min. - 1h 2min awake / 49min REM / 4h 42min Light / 46min Deep (11:38pm - 6:57am)

Was up later than I wanted to be. I will try to finish up my reading earlier tonight.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

Thanks for any info!

I have a FitBit Alta, and the FitBit app on my phone breaks it down for me. :smile:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    Last night was 7 hours and 6 minutes. Thanks for the suggestion, @prgirl39mfp , I do need lighter sleepwear - I can't really be bare because either our windows or the door to our room are open.
  • themedalist
    Options

Thanks for any info!

I have a FitBit Alta, and the FitBit app on my phone breaks it down for me. :smile:

Same for me, @MadisonMolly2017. My Fitbit Alta HR breaks it down for me. I think most Fitbit models now track sleep, but many of the newer heart rate tracking Fitbits use the heart rate info to estimate sleep stages.
  • themedalist
    edited June 2018
    Options
    We are all different, but I’m not adhering to the no screens before bedtime suggestion. I would if using my iPad led me to web surf, but it doesn’t. I’m using it to do my nightly mini crossword puzzle, part of my pre-bedtime routine and then I turn on the Calm app Sleep Stories, which for me is a soothing and relaxing way to drift off to sleep. @PackerFanInGB had asked about Sleep Stories. Yes, they are available in the free version, but not a wide selection. The premium version has a deep reservoir of stories. And Calm has a sense of humor. Their newest Sleep Story is entitled “Once Upon a GDPR” a 30 minute reading of excerpts of the European Union’s Global Data Protection Regulations that recently went into effect. 30 minutes of data protection clauses and sub clauses should put anyone to sleep.

Thank you for the info!

For all of you who listen to white noise apps or the Calm Sleep Stories app, do you play it out loud from your phone or tablet, or do you listen through earbuds or headphones? Currently, I listen to a podcast called Great Detectives, which is a collection of old detective radio shows, to help me fall asleep. I listen from my iPad with ear buds. I have issues with the ear buds getting caught in blankets or being just plain uncomfortable because I fall asleep with them in and then roll over...

I don't want to bother my husband by playing them out loud, but it seems like there must be a better way?

Any insight would be appreciated!

This is a great question, @PackerFanInGB. I listen to the Sleep Stories without earphones by keeping my phone near me and having the volume turned way down. It doesn’t disturb my husband. But I wonder if there are Bluetooth enabled wireless headphones that might be more comfortable than earbuds? Does anyone use something like that?
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    8 hrs 2 min 77 minutes restlessness. YES!
  • themedalist
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    8 hrs 2 min 77 minutes restlessness. YES!

Fantastic, @PinkyPan1! You have reached your 8 hour sleep target!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Interesting now my tracker includes REM. I am learning so much and my mood improves tremendously the more I sleep.
  • 77tes
    Options
    7 hours and 1 minute.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Interesting now my tracker includes REM. I am learning so much and my mood improves tremendously the more I sleep.

I love this, @prgirl39mfp! I am so thrilled to hear that you are seeing big benefits in sleeping more! I’m glad we are making this a summer long effort. Sleep deserves the extra attention!
  • 77tes
    Options
    8 hours 9 minutes. :) I actually remember a dream which is rare for me. Sometimes I wonder if not dreaming means I'm not sleeping deeply enough to dream or if I'm just seriously repressed. Lol!
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Last night: 8 hours and 43 minutes 20 minutes restless
  • themedalist
    Options
    8 hours must seem like 10,000 steps. Quite the accomplishment once you reach it!

Despite being somewhat parked at 6 hours 30 minutes, 2 things are obvious to me:

1. Waking up without an alarm and feeling pretty good

2. I’m waking up at the same time every morning. So, to get more sleep, I need to go to bed earlier.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    6 hrs 34 min with 55 minutes of restlessness.
    REM sleep 2hr 6 min
    Deep sleep 3 hr 15 min
    Light sleep 3 hr 15 min
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    June 16
    Last night, 6 hrs 59 mins on my Apple Watch app!!!!!
    Thrilled!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    5 hr 54 min with 71 minutes restless

REM 1 hr 8 min
    Deep sleep 23 min
    Light sleep 4 hr 23 min