TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So, next Sunday, August 29, will be our first weigh in, correct? So we are not signing in with our reports until then.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am 157
  • AB0215
    edited July 2018
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    So, next Sunday, August 29, will be our first weigh in, correct? So we are not signing in with our reports until then.

@mexiconona Your posts still go in July as this is still the last week of July. August starts Sunday July 29th.
    As for your weigh in, I take it from July, you still post in July until August begins.
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Excited to start and hopefully be more involved and post alot :)
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone! My name is Jason, and I am from the St. Louis, MO area. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 pounds by the time I turn 40. That would take me down to the 127 pound range. That may seem low for a guy, but I am only 5'2"!! Heck, I would be happy with 30 pounds lost before I turn 40.

The kitchen is where I fail. I work a physically demanding warehouse job, so I am pretty good with the moving around part. The kitchen is my weakness. I think the last time logged food was the first time I was on MFP - like 7 years ago. (My profile says May of 2018 - new profile). Smaller portions, healthier food. Logging it all. This is what I need to focus on.

Making better food choices is difficult - I have 6 kids. So, in a family of 8, we have to buy in bulk - think pastas, bulk meats, cheap as we can. A lot of people say go to a farmers market, etc. When you have to buy for 8, even that is difficult at times.

Well, that's enough about me! I hope everyone achieves the goals they set for the day.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Greetings everyone! My name is Jason, and I am from the St. Louis, MO area. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 pounds by the time I turn 40. That would take me down to the 127 pound range. That may seem low for a guy, but I am only 5'2"!! Heck, I would be happy with 30 pounds lost before I turn 40.

The kitchen is where I fail. I work a physically demanding warehouse job, so I am pretty good with the moving around part. The kitchen is my weakness. I think the last time logged food was the first time I was on MFP - like 7 years ago. (My profile says May of 2018 - new profile). Smaller portions, healthier food. Logging it all. This is what I need to focus on.

Making better food choices is difficult - I have 6 kids. So, in a family of 8, we have to buy in bulk - think pastas, bulk meats, cheap as we can. A lot of people say go to a farmers market, etc. When you have to buy for 8, even that is difficult at times.

Well, that's enough about me! I hope everyone achieves the goals they set for the day.

@BEASTFIELD314 Welcome!! I'm fron the STL area too!! And I'm only 4'10" :) (The struggle is real)
    I think food is probably a lot of people's ultimate demise as for weight loss. In our society, it's readily available. A few suggestions: try meal prepping, and try pre-logging, or meal planning. I know for me I'm more likely to stick to a plan when I make it. Also--meal planning is great for the whole family so it can help you save money on groceries for your whole family...make better use of your ingredients...and then portion control really becomes your friend. One more tip, you might try not having all of the food on the table for the whole family, sometimes portion control is easier when you're not serving "family style" but instead switch to buffet style and you really have to think about getting up for seconds rather than just reaching across the table..
  • AB0215
    Options
    Excited to start and hopefully be more involved and post alot :)
    @SavannahS2016 Welcome back!!
  • kearyandjessy
    kearyandjessy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Jessica and I live north of Houston, Texas. I work full time and have four children at home. I really do not like to cook so this is my biggest downfall. We have been working really hard to lower our eating out budget and July we were really successful. I still need to lower the grocery budget by not buying so many processed easy to cook items. I follow low carbish, ketoish, paleoish meals lol. I take some medicines that make it difficult to lose weight and my thyroid is sputtering. (It works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.) I reached my first mini or major goal depending on how you look at it in July by getting under 300 pounds. My goal this month is to get to 275, to post everyday, and to exercise more.
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Tiffany. I am a stay at home mom, and I homeschool my kids. This summer I have been pushing hard to get into a great health routine before we start schoolworkand sports back up. My favorite exercises are lap swimming and hiking. My goal weight loss is 12lbs this month, and to maintain a minimum of 3-4 days a week exercise. I eat mostly low carb/keto. But I am trying to not stress if my carbs are a couple over. In the past, if I felt I failed on the strictness of a diet, I failed for weeks/months after that. So, I am trying to not be hard on myself and just do my best.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Good morning @kearyandjessy and @momma3times! Hope everyone here has a fantastic day!
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi my name is Sandie and I live in the Uk and am a Housekeeper in a very large care home so my job is very active. I aslo go to the gym 4 times a week. I have another 20lb to lose to reach my ideal weight so hopefully this challenge will help be to get there

@ABO215 Hi Ashley just a quick question from a newbie I wiegh on a Thursday so do I wait till next Thursday to put in my next weight for that day thanks
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Jim, recently retired, and living in Charleston, SC. Both my boys are grown and married, just my wife and a chunky yellow Lab that could also stand to lose a few pounds. I have started/stopped MFP more than I care to count. But, I feel this time I can make a go of it and shed the weight I have packed on last few years. Goal is to lose a 100, so I am all in. Really excited, hopefully I can stay motivated. Good luck to all.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Sandie020 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Sandie and I live in the Uk and am a Housekeeper in a very large care home so my job is very active. I aslo go to the gym 4 times a week. I have another 20lb to lose to reach my ideal weight so hopefully this challenge will help be to get there

@ABO215 Hi Ashley just a quick question from a newbie I wiegh on a Thursday so do I wait till next Thursday to put in my next weight for that day thanks
    @Sandie020 Hi Sandie and welcome!! Your first weigh in will be Thursday Aug 2, next Thursday. If you want to weigh tomorrow and use that as your start weight, you can do that too, otherwise don't worry about it.
    Welcome to the team and I hope we can help you get to your goal!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hello! I am Tiffany. I am a stay at home mom, and I homeschool my kids. This summer I have been pushing hard to get into a great health routine before we start schoolworkand sports back up. My favorite exercises are lap swimming and hiking. My goal weight loss is 12lbs this month, and to maintain a minimum of 3-4 days a week exercise. I eat mostly low carb/keto. But I am trying to not stress if my carbs are a couple over. In the past, if I felt I failed on the strictness of a diet, I failed for weeks/months after that. So, I am trying to not be hard on myself and just do my best.
    @momma3times Welcome Tiffany! I love my keto diet and I don't really tell myself no so much as I find a way to make what I want Keto friendly. I make cookies, cake, cupcakes, etc. I still stay inside my calorie goal but if I want it, I just make it. There's literally a recipe for everything. If you're interested, I'd be happy to share :smile:
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Jim, recently retired, and living in Charleston, SC. Both my boys are grown and married, just my wife and a chunky yellow Lab that could also stand to lose a few pounds. I have started/stopped MFP more than I care to count. But, I feel this time I can make a go of it and shed the weight I have packed on last few years. Goal is to lose a 100, so I am all in. Really excited, hopefully I can stay motivated. Good luck to all.
    @jcgator2016 Welcome Jim! Congrats on retirement! I feel like for me success motivates me to keep going so I think when you are successful, hang on to it, and use that to keep going. And when you struggle, draw strength from others, we're all here to help each other. You got this, and my suggestion is to take it in pieces, I tend to look at it in 20-30 lb increments.
    I have 2 cats and your comment about the yellow lab made me laugh. My 2 little guys are on a diet too...and they're really really not happy about it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Jessica and I live north of Houston, Texas. I work full time and have four children at home. I really do not like to cook so this is my biggest downfall. We have been working really hard to lower our eating out budget and July we were really successful. I still need to lower the grocery budget by not buying so many processed easy to cook items. I follow low carbish, ketoish, paleoish meals lol. I take some medicines that make it difficult to lose weight and my thyroid is sputtering. (It works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.) I reached my first mini or major goal depending on how you look at it in July by getting under 300 pounds. My goal this month is to get to 275, to post everyday, and to exercise more.
    @kearyandjessy Glad to have you back Jessica!! You had a great July and I am sure you will have an even better July!!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Hey all! Happy Thursday. Just wanted to drop a line and say how excited I am for this challenge. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

Hello everyone! My name is Teresa, I'm 52 years old, live in Georgia with my wonderful husband and little dog, Maggie Mae. I'm the ministry assistant at my small church and love every second of it! Weight issues have been a lifelong battle and I’m sick of the struggle. I need to get healthy and fit before I start to see health issues. Plus I really like clothes and I am super tired of being stuck in the plus size section! :D

My current diet is Weight Watchers. I joined WW in January of 2016 and have lost 38 pounds. I have about 60 more pounds to go before I would consider myself at goal. While I'm happy that my weight is down I’m also very disappointed with my lack of progress. To be honest, the lack of progress falls squarely on my shoulders but I also think that the new WW Freestyle program where so many foods are 0 points has slowed me down too.

So, two weeks ago I can to MFP and started tracking my calories. I have always strongly believed that weight loss is about calories in vs. calories out. I also like challenges and have been looking for one that I could do in August. I was very happy to see this Biggest Loser contest and plan to work it hard! I really look forward to getting to know everyone in my group. :)
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I participated in June and have got off track. I have not been logging all my meals. I am still losing but at a slower rate. Hoping this will help. I am going on vacation for a wek starting Sunday. My day is Monday, but i will have to check in earlier because i dont think there will be a scale.
This discussion has been closed.