Options

Replies

• rlaratte
    rlaratte Posts: 69 Member
    Options

7/1/18= 179.2
    7/31/18=175.2

total loss= -4 lbs.

I have been up and down with my weight this month. I will take this win and enjoy the 4 pound loss and next month be more disciplined with my eating. It feels good knowing that I am close to my goal and I want to lose 50 pounds altogether.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

Yeah, I have recorded the more conservative numbers for my reports. Have studied activity trackers and smart watches, which I also agree may be more accurate in calories burned. I did order a Garmin Vivoactive 3 which seems to fit my criteria. Waterproof for swimming, does have a gps golf app, indoor sports app, fitness age estimates, etc

@jcgator2016 I have heard good things about the garmins, though I don't have any direct experience, and being waterproof, that is a bit of an advantage over my fitbit and sadly, the reason I stay with my fitbit is purely aesthetic, I like the ability to change the bands, even though I don't usually do that. I do however think they're pretty helpful and they tend to be a bit of encouragement for me as well, it's nice to see a visual representation of how hard I'm working :smile: Good luck and I hope you like it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    rlaratte wrote: »
    total loss= -4 lbs.

I have been up and down with my weight this month. I will take this win and enjoy the 4 pound loss and next month be more disciplined with my eating. It feels good knowing that I am close to my goal and I want to lose 50 pounds altogether.

@rlaratte 4 lbs a month is my goal actually, so I'd say that you did good, even if you don't think so. A loss still gets you closer to your goal and 50 lbs is no small feat. Remember weight loss isn't a linear process. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • CerysDub
    CerysDub Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Yeah, I have recorded the more conservative numbers for my reports. Have studied activity trackers and smart watches, which I also agree may be more accurate in calories burned. I did order a Garmin Vivoactive 3 which seems to fit my criteria. Waterproof for swimming, does have a gps golf app, indoor sports app, fitness age estimates, etc

@jcgator2016 I love my Garmin! I have a vivosmart hr, it's like 3 years old now and apart from having to replace the straps after like 2 years, its been fab! I've worn it swimming and although I felt like my hr measurements were a little off in the water, it was definitely waterproof! Still works really well!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Catching up...
    Daily Post (Monday, 7/30)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes I was under!
    Exercise: Yep! Took a walk with my kiddos.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday, 7/31)
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes on the treadmill, and 20 minutes on the bike
    Goals or Day: I had a great day! Lost 3.3 this week and so motivated to make this another great week that I threw away some very tasty and super high-calorie salad dressing and instead had Skinny Girl dressing which was just as good and even allowed me a few more croutons! :D
  • lesleyrae2018
    lesleyrae2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late checking in!
    User name is lesleyrae2018
    PW: 198 July 26th sign up weigh in
    CW: 197 July 31st

For today July 31st
    Track: yes
    Calories:under
    Exercise: I weeded the flower bed and garden but generally have been lazy. So over 20 min yes but at a slow pace

So a little about me... my name is Lesley. I'm 34 with 3 kids. I had the last couple days off and went to the lake. Very busy and on the go a lot... so that's why I'm a little slower today. Hoping to stay accountable for fitness this month. I have been keto since April 7th and have lost 58lbs but just strictly way of eating change only and seriously need to start moving!... and weights! I would love to be down at least 8 to 10 lbs this month but thats not going to be the case if I get seriously burn some calories!
  • AB0215
    Options
    So a little about me... my name is Lesley. I'm 34 with 3 kids. I had the last couple days off and went to the lake. Very busy and on the go a lot... so that's why I'm a little slower today. Hoping to stay accountable for fitness this month. I have been keto since April 7th and have lost 58lbs but just strictly way of eating change only and seriously need to start moving!... and weights! I would love to be down at least 8 to 10 lbs this month but thats not going to be the case if I get seriously burn some calories!
    @lesleyrae2018 Hi Lesley! Welcome. Great goals and congrats on your journey so far!!
    Also...I have your weigh in day down as Friday, is that the day you want to weigh in on or do you want to change it to Tuesday?

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 25 min walk, 15 min stationary bike
  • lesleyrae2018
    lesleyrae2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Tuesday works for a weight in day... I wasnt sure how it worked exactly. I was mixed up thinking I was late but I'm guessing the weigh in date I was reading was for the initial weigh in thread... sorry about the mix up!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Checking in tuesday
    Track no
    Calories ?
    Exercide yes

I tried paddleboarding. I could not stand, but i am glad i tried it
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Calories: Over by 18 cals and 40g carbs.
    Exercise: Yes, 30 mins Stationary Bike, 45 mins strength/weight workout

Unexpected friends in town, went out for dinner.

Trying a new sport at the Community Center tomorrow. Pickleball. From what I can tell from You Tube, looks like tennis on a smaller court with a paddle and a wiffle ball with holes. Looks like fun.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Carbs no 🤢
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Daily post 08/01/18
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60 mins playing Wii tennis
    Goal to drink more water
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Daily Post 7/31/2018
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Does working a second job count? If so, yes. If not no.

Several nights a week I help my friend with his cleaning business. Lots of walking, bending, etc. You know - cleaning. LOL. Overall, it was a pretty good day. I set my alarm for 5am, and was out of bed by 5:15. Once i get the getting up earlier down, I can start incorporating exercise. I gotta be quiet doing it though - I don't want to wake m family up.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Have a great day!
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 Tuesday works for a weight in day... I wasnt sure how it worked exactly. I was mixed up thinking I was late but I'm guessing the weigh in date I was reading was for the initial weigh in thread... sorry about the mix up!

@lesleyrae2018 Your weigh in day can be any day of the week, but it should be the same each week, so I switched you to Tuesday, so next Tuesday, you will weigh in again.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Several nights a week I help my friend with his cleaning business. Lots of walking, bending, etc. You know - cleaning. LOL. Overall, it was a pretty good day. I set my alarm for 5am, and was out of bed by 5:15. Once i get the getting up earlier down, I can start incorporating exercise. I gotta be quiet doing it though - I don't want to wake m family up.
    @BEASTFIELD314 Cleaning, in my experience, can be very labor intensive, and honestly, if you're up and moving, I would count it, any activity is better than no activity.
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Daily post: 07/31
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 35 min elleptical and 9000 steps
    Goal: get more sleep and reach my daily goal of 10 000 steps
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Wednesday):