Options
    Mini challenge 9/5 & 9/6
    9/5
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes

9/6
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no. Already at my limit, but know I will be having some refreshing beverages with friends after work!
    Exercise- probably not. It will most likely be late by the time I get back.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Sept 5
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 60 min aqua tone
    Steps: 4676
    Water 88 oz

Went to PT yesterday she said my neck and shoulder injuries that I sustained during the assault at work are my C1&2 and my 1st rib . She gave me new exercises and told me that could use the recumbent bike . So I am gonna try that today along with the walking in Water . She told me the aqua tone was too much right now and to just walk and move the noodle side to side for 20 min
    This is a big change for me as I am going crazy not exercising

Yes, you might be going stir-crazy, but at least now you know the proper exercises to do as you heal. The quicker you heal, the quicker you can get back to your preferred workouts!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    CCzMini wrote: »
    Mini challenge 9/5 & 9/6
    9/5
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes

9/6
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no. Already at my limit, but know I will be having some refreshing beverages with friends after work!
    Exercise- probably not. It will most likely be late by the time I get back.

All I can say is "enjoy"!!! Tomorrow you can eat (and drink!) at a deficit!!
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sept 6th

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Nada
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Thu 9/6
    logged: no
    calories: no
    exercise: yes, 45 mins treadmill and weights (leg day)

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes
    Wed: yes
    Thu: no

I knew for months this day would be a no. Eagles football is like religion in my house. Beer and snacks will be consumed.
    I ate light snacks to make the night consumption better and made sure to get to the gym. Small goals and wins, like we discussed earlier this week
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Thu 9/6

I knew for months this day would be a no. Eagles football is like religion in my house. Beer and snacks will be consumed.
    I ate light snacks to make the night consumption better and made sure to get to the gym. Small goals and wins, like we discussed earlier this week

Better snacks and the gym....small wins! Are you going to stay up and watch the whole game? It got started so late!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    September 4
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no ( over by 502)
    Exercise- yes ( walked 1 mile)

September 5
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no ( over by 200)
    Exercise- no

September 6
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( walk away the pounds/strength train)
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    September 6 Thursday
    Track, yes
    Under target
    Exercise. Won our game we are the champions of the day league. 11,343 steps.
    Next is the playoffs, fall softball and the fist game is Saturday, got a call to play fast pitch baseball on Thursday nights under the lights, volleyball in the day starts Tuesday and thursdays, basketball in the evening Tuesday (two places), and Thursdays. I have to prioritize but at least work doesn’t start for awhile.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Thu 9/6

Better snacks and the gym....small wins! Are you going to stay up and watch the whole game? It got started so late!!

Like i said. It’s like religion in my house. There is no option to not stay up for the whole game!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SEPTEMBER PEEPS!!

Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Sept WK1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 205.00
    Todays Weight: 205.25

MEH!! Weekend's social events took over, plus I ain't been to the gym in over 2 weeks!! tut tut

A week today I'll be at the airport (Hopefully Florence does one!)

SW 298.50
    GW 180.00
    Loss to date 93.25lbs
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Username: Coheednkimbria
    Weigh in week: September week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 162
    Todays Weight: 162

I officially hit the “reset” button on all of my celebrating and snacking on Tuesday. I’m sick of yo-yo’ing! my goal is to stay on track over the weekend to gain back some of the momentum I had before. July and August were tough months for me eating-wise. My goal for September is to stay on track for more than just the Monday-Friday week.
  • Iwilldothis4myself
    Options
    I am beyond frustrated with myself. I decided last night that I was giving up (like always) I ate whatever I felt like at the time and I woke up this morning feeling like an absolute failure, feeling 100% regret. None of it was worth it. I just wish that when I am about to eat the bad stuff that I can remember this regret and NOT do it. I am grateful that I can feel guilty and stop myself from eating crap all day today, however, this is a vicious cycle in my life. This is why I maintain, I don't lose cause I am living this battle every single day. How do you guys break the cycle? What keeps you motivated? How do you avoid temptation? Help!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @Iwilldothis4myself I was definitely there. It's like reading my own life back to me. It's really hard to break the cycle here are some things I did.

1. I didn't take out all my trigger foods at once, I always felt worse knowing I wasn't eating all the bad stuff and yet seeing no change so I would save some calories for that indulgent food (ie. 1 piece of chocolate, a handful of chips..whatever) then gradually took it out of my daily. You would be surprised that you don't miss it after a while....just be careful to stick to a strict portion, have it be your treat at the end of the day.

2. When feeling frustrated I would either work out my frustrations (remember exercise is everything and anything with movement, it doesn't have to feel like work ie. Dancing, walking, boxing.. find what is fun for you, not work) or if you are too down to work yourself out I would find something I enjoy doing, whether that is reading, drawing, playing an app game. W.e to relax your mind. When you exercise you tend to be less wanting of your trigger foods because u don't want to ruin your work...And if you do give in, well you worked out so it balances

3. Have food pre cut. I know it seems like work but having your veggies and fruit made so it is ready to grab is always helpful..also remember to eat them throughout the day, little by little so you don't feel like you are starving yourself. Also water. Drink water before and after your meals, it's literally the easiest way to feel full faster and helps with the feeling of hunger. Half the time we aren't even hungry, we are thirsty but we aren't registering it as thirst.

4. Be kinder to yourself. A group member once told me "feel greatful for what you can do, not regretful for what you cant" be more positive, give yourself a break. Don't get down on yourself because you don't see those results today...they will come. You mentally picking on yourself is causing these breakdowns in the first place, you need to cut yourself some slack. I know it's harder said then done but try turning whatever negative comments that float into your mind into positive ones..for example. Negative: I could have done an extra hour of cardio today. Positive: I am happy I felt healthy enough to work out today.
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    I hope this helps @Iwilldothis4myself
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    September 6

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 60 minutes of endurance. My arms are so sore.

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
  • Iwilldothis4myself
    Options
    @abowersgirl This is wonderful thank you!
  • stephj1216
    stephj1216 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Username: stephj1216
    Weigh in week: September week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 206
    Todays Weight: 207

Think my body is detoxing from the bad stuff so I'm okay with gaining a pound plus the holiday at the beginning of the week didn't help. I'm focused on this weekend making better food choices and for the rest of September!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week 1
    Weight in day Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 152.2
    Today’s weight: 148.6

Sept 6
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 20 min recumbent bike, 20 min swimming pool jogging & exercise
    Steps: 4898
    Water 88 oz

TGIF
    Off to see the MD about my neck, shoulder & lower back. But first PT
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    September 6 Thursday
    Track, yes
    Under target
    Exercise. Won our game we are the champions of the day league. 11,343 steps.
    Next is the playoffs, fall softball and the fist game is Saturday, got a call to play fast pitch baseball on Thursday nights under the lights, volleyball in the day starts Tuesday and thursdays, basketball in the evening Tuesday (two places), and Thursdays. I have to prioritize but at least work doesn’t start for awhile.

Congratulations on your championship!! Boy, you sure do have lots of options when it comes to exercise in the next little while. And when you are playing a team sport and having fun, it hardly seems like work!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Thu 9/6

Like i said. It’s like religion in my house. There is no option to not stay up for the whole game!

At least you got the outcome you were looking for....it wasn't pretty, but a win is a win!!
This discussion has been closed.