HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SEPTEMBER PEEPS!!

Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Sept WK1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 205.00
    Todays Weight: 205.25

MEH!! Weekend's social events took over, plus I ain't been to the gym in over 2 weeks!! tut tut

A week today I'll be at the airport (Hopefully Florence does one!)

SW 298.50
    GW 180.00
    Loss to date 93.25lbs

You had quite a big loss last week, so a maintain this week without going to the gym is not a bad outcome at all!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week 1
    Weight in day Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 152.2
    Today’s weight: 148.6

Sept 6
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 20 min recumbent bike, 20 min swimming pool jogging & exercise
    Steps: 4898
    Water 88 oz

TGIF
    Off to see the MD about my neck, shoulder & lower back. But first PT

I love how you keep plugging away with your yoga and your pool exercises and your PT, and in spite of your current injuries and not being able to work out like you want to, you had a great week on the scales!! Tami, I would love to know your daily schedule, as in how and when you fit all this in. I know you have a full time job on top of all this!!

Well done, again, on your loss this week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    stephj1216 wrote: »
    Username: stephj1216
    Weigh in week: September week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 206
    Todays Weight: 207

Think my body is detoxing from the bad stuff so I'm okay with gaining a pound plus the holiday at the beginning of the week didn't help. I'm focused on this weekend making better food choices and for the rest of September!

Love your attitude! Yes, the holiday to start the week makes this first week kind of like a trial run. This next week is when the real work begins, as there are no holidays and no excuses!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Coheednkimbria
    Weigh in week: September week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 162
    Todays Weight: 162

I officially hit the “reset” button on all of my celebrating and snacking on Tuesday. I’m sick of yo-yo’ing! my goal is to stay on track over the weekend to gain back some of the momentum I had before. July and August were tough months for me eating-wise. My goal for September is to stay on track for more than just the Monday-Friday week.

Great attitude!! I am with you all the way!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Now that the summer is over, and we have gotten through Labour Day and this terrible humidity has left us, it's time for all of us to stop yo-yoing and get serious about weight loss before the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season. It WILL be here sooner than we think!!!

For those that don't know, I just got back at the end of August from a two week vacation in Europe (my first time there) to visit our son who is going to school in Germany. Yesterday was the first time I logged my food since returning home! I can't remember the last time I exercised.... MUST. GET. BACK. ON. TRACK!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I am beyond frustrated with myself. I decided last night that I was giving up (like always) I ate whatever I felt like at the time and I woke up this morning feeling like an absolute failure, feeling 100% regret. None of it was worth it. I just wish that when I am about to eat the bad stuff that I can remember this regret and NOT do it. I am grateful that I can feel guilty and stop myself from eating crap all day today, however, this is a vicious cycle in my life. This is why I maintain, I don't lose cause I am living this battle every single day. How do you guys break the cycle? What keeps you motivated? How do you avoid temptation? Help!!

I am glad that you stopped the cycle today and reached out....you didn't just disappear into the woodwork, (which is the easier than pulling yourself up by the bootstraps and starting again)!! Stephanie gave you some great advice and suggestions. I should heed them all too, as this has been my life story since Christmas!! I read somewhere once that because there is a lot of time and energy required between deciding to lose weight and actually reaching goal, we get overwhelmed, and subconsciously feel that it is going to be too difficult, so we sabotage ourselves. The trick is to literally take it one meal at a time. Each meal just decide what to eat to reach your goal. Then put it out of your mind until the next meal. So instead of having "X" number of pounds to lose, or having to be on a diet for "X" number of months to reach goal (and by the way, "X" is not a small number!!), it is just the time between meals and the energy required to decide what that meal will be!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Iwilldothis4myself I was definitely there. It's like reading my own life back to me. It's really hard to break the cycle here are some things I did.

1. I didn't take out all my trigger foods at once, I always felt worse knowing I wasn't eating all the bad stuff and yet seeing no change so I would save some calories for that indulgent food (ie. 1 piece of chocolate, a handful of chips..whatever) then gradually took it out of my daily. You would be surprised that you don't miss it after a while....just be careful to stick to a strict portion, have it be your treat at the end of the day.

2. When feeling frustrated I would either work out my frustrations (remember exercise is everything and anything with movement, it doesn't have to feel like work ie. Dancing, walking, boxing.. find what is fun for you, not work) or if you are too down to work yourself out I would find something I enjoy doing, whether that is reading, drawing, playing an app game. W.e to relax your mind. When you exercise you tend to be less wanting of your trigger foods because u don't want to ruin your work...And if you do give in, well you worked out so it balances

3. Have food pre cut. I know it seems like work but having your veggies and fruit made so it is ready to grab is always helpful..also remember to eat them throughout the day, little by little so you don't feel like you are starving yourself. Also water. Drink water before and after your meals, it's literally the easiest way to feel full faster and helps with the feeling of hunger. Half the time we aren't even hungry, we are thirsty but we aren't registering it as thirst.

4. Be kinder to yourself. A group member once told me "feel greatful for what you can do, not regretful for what you cant" be more positive, give yourself a break. Don't get down on yourself because you don't see those results today...they will come. You mentally picking on yourself is causing these breakdowns in the first place, you need to cut yourself some slack. I know it's harder said then done but try turning whatever negative comments that float into your mind into positive ones..for example. Negative: I could have done an extra hour of cardio today. Positive: I am happy I felt healthy enough to work out today.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with the group, Stephanie! It is very sage advice, and I am sure we can all find something in there that resonates with each and every one of us!!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @Iwilldothis4myself

I think what @abowersgirl & @HASWLRS said are awesome points. It's all about baby steps, persistence and self-love.

I've had a hard time getting committed to my diet and exercise routines this time around(6 months of hemming and hawing). I decided to try hypnosis for weight loss and whether I was finally ready to move forward or the hypnosis did something, I found myself making the transition to less calories and healthier choices much easier than other times I've attempted weight loss. Just a random thought...

Keep on making those teeny, tiny, small, ridiculously minuscule changes and before you know it those changes will begin to cascade into measurable results.
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Weight in 199.7 Friday September 7
    initial weight 199.1
    Slight gain, my body feels good here and has leveled off recently. I will continue to eat right and keep exercising. My target is still very attainable. Sorry to let the group down on the first weigh in.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting big boy weight: 309
    Previous Week's weight: 290
    Today's Weight: 289

Other than my cheat day spectacular on Monday, I ate within calories and my exercise was 1 hour at the gym and 4 1/2 hours working on my property. Since I'm in Florida I think this exercise should be called "lifting weights in a sauna", instead of yard work. :) According to those lovely ladies "science and math", I should have lost approx. 3 pounds, but I'll take the 1 pound win and hopefully roll it into a 2 pounder for next week!

• Slytherclawz
    Slytherclawz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Todays Weight: 257. 6
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - August Week #5 (Sun the 26th to Sat the 1st)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @murdog3t (7) - 14th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @Robandy12345 (7) - 5th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @abowersgirl (6) - 3rd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @txmaryk99 (6) - back in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @jkdooley (4) - another Notable Effort!
    @kidkees (4) - slight drop from last week!
    @MelsLeanDream (4) - improved from last week!
    @Nicoletime4me (4) - improved from last week!

Attempted:
    @priiiiiska (3)
    @CczMini (2)

Congratulations to @murdog3t, @Robandy12345, @abowersgirl and @txmaryk99 for making it to the Winner's Circle last week!! Of special note, Tami and Bobby T. were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I am beyond frustrated with myself. I decided last night that I was giving up (like always) I ate whatever I felt like at the time and I woke up this morning feeling like an absolute failure, feeling 100% regret. None of it was worth it. I just wish that when I am about to eat the bad stuff that I can remember this regret and NOT do it. I am grateful that I can feel guilty and stop myself from eating crap all day today, however, this is a vicious cycle in my life. This is why I maintain, I don't lose cause I am living this battle every single day. How do you guys break the cycle? What keeps you motivated? How do you avoid temptation? Help!!

This has been my life for the past 10+ years as well. Always lose around ten pounds and then give up. The thing that really got me motivated this year was realizing how tough both of my parents and both in-laws have it in their old age. All four of them never excercised and always ate unhealthy. And now all four of them are really struggling in their older years. I decided that I don’t want to live like them, and that I am still young enough to make the changes. I still have occasional mis-steps, but I think of that and get right back to doing the right things.

Not sure if that helped, but that’s my honest answer.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Thu 9/6
    logged: no
    calories: no
    exercise: yes, 45 mins treadmill and weights (leg day)

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes
    Wed: yes
    Thu: no

I knew for months this day would be a no. Eagles football is like religion in my house. Beer and snacks will be consumed.
    I ate light snacks to make the night consumption better and made sure to get to the gym. Small goals and wins, like we discussed earlier this week

Better snacks and the gym....small wins! Are you going to stay up and watch the whole game? It got started so late!!

Like i said. It’s like religion in my house. There is no option to not stay up for the whole game!

At least you got the outcome you were looking for....it wasn't pretty, but a win is a win!!

Woooo, you are not lying. That was a tough game. Winning those ugly games goes a long way though. Good luck to your team, which I believe is the Raiders? Monday at 10:30pm ... now that’s a late game!
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Now that the summer is over, and we have gotten through Labour Day and this terrible humidity has left us, it's time for all of us to stop yo-yoing and get serious about weight loss before the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season. It WILL be here sooner than we think!!!

For those that don't know, I just got back at the end of August from a two week vacation in Europe (my first time there) to visit our son who is going to school in Germany. Yesterday was the first time I logged my food since returning home! I can't remember the last time I exercised.... MUST. GET. BACK. ON. TRACK!!!

Yes, I am feeling this so much. 11 weeks until the holidays. I need to kick it into high gear. A pound a week would be lovely. And hopefully the kind of personal motivation to keep myself in line during the holidays.
    I know we discussed this a few weeks ago. Holidays seem to be a reason to make excuses to give up on health ... how can we change that this year??

I know you WILL. GET. BACK. ON. TRACK!!!
    It can be hard getting out of “vacation mode” but you have worked so hard, can’t stop now!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Thu 9/6
    logged: no
    calories: no
    exercise: yes, 45 mins treadmill and weights (leg day)

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes
    Wed: yes
    Thu: no

I knew for months this day would be a no. Eagles football is like religion in my house. Beer and snacks will be consumed.
    I ate light snacks to make the night consumption better and made sure to get to the gym. Small goals and wins, like we discussed earlier this week

Better snacks and the gym....small wins! Are you going to stay up and watch the whole game? It got started so late!!

Like i said. It’s like religion in my house. There is no option to not stay up for the whole game!

At least you got the outcome you were looking for....it wasn't pretty, but a win is a win!!

Woooo, you are not lying. That was a tough game. Winning those ugly games goes a long way though. Good luck to your team, which I believe is the Raiders? Monday at 10:30pm ... now that’s a late game!

Will be in bed loooong before kick-off!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Todays Weight: 257. 6

A solid pound and a half loss!! Nice start to the September Challenge!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting big boy weight: 309
    Previous Week's weight: 290
    Today's Weight: 289

Other than my cheat day spectacular on Monday, I ate within calories and my exercise was 1 hour at the gym and 4 1/2 hours working on my property. Since I'm in Florida I think this exercise should be called "lifting weights in a sauna", instead of yard work. :) According to those lovely ladies "science and math", I should have lost approx. 3 pounds, but I'll take the 1 pound win and hopefully roll it into a 2 pounder for next week!

Great attitude....take the one pound and run with it, and try to add more next week!! As an added bonus, you are into the 80's!!

Can I ask what you do for a living? Does it involve writing of any kind? You are very descriptive!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weight in 199.7 Friday September 7
    initial weight 199.1
    Slight gain, my body feels good here and has leveled off recently. I will continue to eat right and keep exercising. My target is still very attainable. Sorry to let the group down on the first weigh in.

Bobby T., you lost almost 11 pounds in August, so no need to apologize. You had a slight upwards blip which, I am sure, is just part of those normal fluctuations. You are doing everything right, so just keep doing what you have been; it'll come down again!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Robandy12345, would you like to officially change your weigh-in day to Friday? It says Saturday on the spreadsheet, but your last two weigh-ins have been on Fridays.
This discussion has been closed.