Daily post: 09-12

Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no
    Goals for today: avoid snacking at all costs
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Hi Slimsons!

Hope those of you down the East Voasg are safe with the hurricane approaching!

My daily stats-
    9-12
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise- 60 min SoulActivate, 30 minutes arms - my muscles are fatigued. Oy

• Safari_Gal
    *coast* typos!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,315 Member
    Daily Post: Wednesday, Sept. 12th

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes /Under, 5/2 IF day
    Exercise: 75 min. HIIT on the lateral trainer

Goal: Drink more water tonight before bed! And stay on track with my fasting schedule...I had to shift my 5/2 days to Mondays and Wednesdays...would like to keep it consistent.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Daily Post for Wednesday:

Calories: yes
    Exercise: stairs. Bunch of times.
    Water: about 66oz

ON POINT with my cals today. Felt good. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow! Haha
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 60 minutes weight training, 30 mins walking, 20 mins bike

Comments: I forgot how hard the bike is when you don't do it for months, walked outside to take another 30 min walk, decided there was too much sun for my pasty skin and I was too lazy to get out the sunscreen and decided to use the bike...turned out 20 mins on that was all I had in me...and tomorrow my legs might hurt...
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 540 Member
    Daily Report Wed 12 Sep

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Plenty

Just waiting on the storm. Thankful I am 30 lbs lighter and in way better shape than three months ago. Still have a long ways to go, but I will get there.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Mexiconona Sept 12
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes water physical therapy
    Carbs no
  • Merrettsmom16
    Merrettsmom16 Posts: 30 Member
    Late Weds post: (I understand if it doesn’t count)

Tracked:Yes
    Calories: Under-but not too much, so MFP accepted it. Yay!
    Exercise: Just ran around the operating room for 9 hours

Day: getting last minute things together in order to leave NC but I’m taking my scale with me! LOL
  • mactigerr
    mactigerr Posts: 21 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, work.

Sorry I haven't been active. It's been a really bad 7 days at home.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow's weigh in!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: September Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 160.2
    Current Weight: 158.5

nvthwxku0yf6.gif

Totally did a happy dance this morning!!
  • AB0215
    Happy Weigh In Day (Thursday):
    @kearyandjessy. @Keri8680. @sandie020.
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Username: sandie020
    Weigh in week: September Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 156
    Current Weight: 158

Not been a good week for me to many stressfull hurdles to cross this week hopefully better week next week
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Hey there Slimsons!!! Just wanted to drop you all a line and say Hello! I see you all are still doing a FANTASTIC job with your weight loss! Thinking of you all and wishing you much continued success!!! Miss you!!!!

-Jason @BEASTFIELD314
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Daily post: 09-13
    Track:yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, an hour of circuit training
  • Safari_Gal
    Daily post: 9-13

Tracked: yes
    Exercise: Yes yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️

Anyone else here doing keto? I’ve been in deep ketosis for 2 weeks now- the lbs are coming off but I’ve also been doing intense cardio 6 days and strength training 3-4 days. I’ve done this routine quite a abut - but I’m feeling a lot of muscle fatigue lately- i could barely lift yesterday. Any thoughts? I’ve upped my water and salt intake. Thanks for any input!

• AB0215
    edited September 2018
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Daily post: 9-13

Tracked: yes
    Exercise: Yes yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️

Anyone else here doing keto? I’ve been in deep ketosis for 2 weeks now- the lbs are coming off but I’ve also been doing intense cardio 6 days and strength training 3-4 days. I’ve done this routine quite a abut - but I’m feeling a lot of muscle fatigue lately- i could barely lift yesterday. Any thoughts? I’ve upped my water and salt intake. Thanks for any input!

@mg07030 I have been doing keto for over a year.
    You will feel fatigue in the beginning. Your body is switching from using glucose as it's primary fuel source to using fat for fuel, your muscles are being depleted of glycogen and will have to learn how to adapt. I would say it took me about 6-8 weeks before I was able to lift the same was I was before, I felt like I'd lost a lot of strength during those weeks, but it came back and I felt even stronger when I got there. My advice, maybe pull back a bit during this time, but you will get there.
    Another thing to think about is your protein intake...I went full 80% in the beginning as that's what's suggested to help with the fat adaptation stage and if you're eating too much protein (which sounds counter-intuitive I know), you might be slowing this process down. Once you're fully fat adapted, you can mess with the protein numbers and see what's optimal for you.

Also watch your potassium and magnesium intake too.

Hope that helps...
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,315 Member
    Daily Post: Thursday, Sept. 13th

Calories: Yes/Under
    Exercise: 20 min. stairs, 65 min. HIIT on the lateral trainer, 60 min strength training class

Goal: Promising myself I will not get down if the scale says I've gained!!! Weigh in is tomorrow... I can't take the suspense in knowing the number---always worry that I'll be disappointed if I'm up, even though I've been on task with everything. I've just started up weight training 2 hours a week and so I know that I'll be retaining water in a big way. I'm learning not to let the scale derail me.

HAPPY THURSDAY!! :)
  • AB0215
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday, Sept. 13th

Calories: Yes/Under
    Exercise: 20 min. stairs, 65 min. HIIT on the lateral trainer, 60 min strength training class

Goal: Promising myself I will not get down if the scale says I've gained!!! Weigh in is tomorrow... I can't take the suspense in knowing the number---always worry that I'll be disappointed if I'm up, even though I've been on task with everything. I've just started up weight training 2 hours a week and so I know that I'll be retaining water in a big way. I'm learning not to let the scale derail me.

HAPPY THURSDAY!! :)

@SLIMn2016 You know, I've found the best remedy (and this will sound crazy) for water retention is more water. The more I drink, the less I seem to retain...although there is sometimes where you just can't help it...it is what it is...either way, you're doing great and lifting weights is way better, even if you retain a little extra water, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn (because muscle eats fat for breakfast). :)
This discussion has been closed.