Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Daily post: 9-13

Tracked: yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️

Anyone else here doing keto? I’ve been in deep ketosis for 2 weeks now- the lbs are coming off but I’ve also been doing intense cardio 6 days and strength training 3-4 days. I’ve done this routine quite a abut - but I’m feeling a lot of muscle fatigue lately- i could barely lift yesterday. Any thoughts? I’ve upped my water and salt intake. Thanks for any input!

@mg07030 I have been doing keto for over a year.
    You will feel fatigue in the beginning. Your body is switching from using glucose as it's primary fuel source to using fat for fuel, your muscles are being depleted of glycogen and will have to learn how to adapt. I would say it took me about 6-8 weeks before I was able to lift the same was I was before, I felt like I'd lost a lot of strength during those weeks, but it came back and I felt even stronger when I got there. My advice, maybe pull back a bit during this time, but you will get there.
    Another thing to think about is your protein intake...I went full 80% in the beginning as that's what's suggested to help with the fat adaptation stage and if you're eating too much protein (which sounds counter-intuitive I know), you might be slowing this process down. Once you're fully fat adapted, you can mess with the protein numbers and see what's optimal for you.

Also watch your potassium and magnesium intake too.

Hope that helps...

Thanks Ashley! It may be too much protein! I’ve been doing a lot of seafood. Doing good on my electrolytes.

Been on low carb or keto about 6 months - but I was having little cheats here and there of wine of too much dairy. The last 2/3 weeks it’s been super keto down to the wire no cheats- so maybe this is true keto! Looking forward to feeling stronger.

• Merrettsmom16
    Merrettsmom16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thursday:

Tracked: No
    Calories: Probably too many to count
    Exercise: No

Day: Drove 6 hours to TN to evacuate NC. I did manage to pack my scale and weights but I’m just too exhausted from the day to worry about what I’m eating and tracking. Will be back at it tomorrow.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »

Thanks Ashley! It may be too much protein! I’ve been doing a lot of seafood. Doing good on my electrolytes.

Been on low carb or keto about 6 months - but I was having little cheats here and there of wine of too much dairy. The last 2/3 weeks it’s been super keto down to the wire no cheats- so maybe this is true keto! Looking forward to feeling stronger.

@mg07030 I don't feel nearly as good if I cheat or eat too much protein, and having said that, I can do as much as 30% protein before it's too much for me, but everyone's a bit different.

You might just be getting fat adapted now if you weren't super strict in the beginning, in which case, how you're feeling now makes sense. Hang in there, it gets so much better! I have more strength and energy now than I have EVER had, it's so worth it!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Thursday

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: on track
    Exercise: Both Kickboxing (day 8) AND Zumba yes I’m nuts and I think I did something to my knee but I don’t want to stop the working out rythum I’m in. I’m going to ice it and heat it and find a brace that fits my thunder thighs. Urgh!!!

@gemwolf110 You're almost halfway to your 20 days of kickboxing :smile:
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:yes, 60 mins walking

Comments: My traps are super sore after my Cleans yesterday so decided to rest today, since I have a trainer appointment tomorrow and I want to be as fresh as possible for those so I get the most out of them.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona sept 13 th
    Tracking. Yes
    Calories no
    Exercise. Physical therapy 30 min
    Carbs no
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Weigh in week: September Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 168.1
    Current Weight: 166.6 (-1.5)

TGIF ALL!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    7vwjlca3y9ew.png
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Thursday)

Tracking: no
    Calories: lots
    Exercise: no

Weekly weigh in:
    Username: CourtneyLomonaco
    PW: 157
    CW: 156.6

Not as great as I had hoped, but I did have a stress eating problem yesterday. However, today is another day and my friend and I are going to do a workout after school. Looking forward to it!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Thursday:

Track: yes
    Calories: no..... I had a snack. lol I could say I was in it for the fiber, but that's really only a fraction of the truth.
    Exercise: stairs, playing with a toddler...

Didn't do too bad overall, till I had the snack at 8pm. My daughter and I sometimes snack on cereal before bedtime. Mostly to get some extra calories in her, and some fiber. Oh well. I'm not too worried about it, since it wasn't too much. Still riding the high from my weigh in!
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ekuassi

Weigh in day:Friday
    PW: 169.8
    CW: 168.9
  • AB0215
    Options
  • adri_rene208
    adri_rene208 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Username: adri_rene208
    Weigh in week: September Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 198.5
    Current Weight: 197.5 (-1)
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All - hope everyone is well today. Friends along the coast- stay safe!

Food is packed to go to work, diary closed and here are my daily stats. My weekly weigh in is tomorrow. 👀

Tracked - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise- 45 min SoulCycle

Goals - drink a lot more water today.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday, Sept. 14th

Calories: No, Over
    Exercise: No, Rest day

Goal: Tonight was my cheat meal/high calorie day and rest day....and it was delicious! Goal for the weekend is to get back on the wagon, stay under calories and get some more exercise.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    mqf6b7xojjud.png

Thinking of and praying for those of you affected by the hurricane right now. :(
    May you and yours all stay safe and well. <3

• AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:1 hour walking, 1 hour weight training

Comments: Monday started another phase of my training cycle for my competition, wish me luck. Today I was informed that I've lost 8 lbs since Aug 8, which puts me .5 lbs away from my goal weight for competition...you'd think I'd realize how close I was...but nope, I was shocked and I'm 8 weeks ahead of schedule...so there's that.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sept 14 th Mexiconona
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. Walking, shopping
    Carbs no
    Last weeks weight. 149
    Today ‘s weight 149. Same

• Merrettsmom16
    Merrettsmom16 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Late Friday Post:

PW:157.4
    CW:156.5

Tracked:No
    Calories: Don’t know
    Exercise: Yes- 30 minutes of running/walking with Peloton app and pushing a stroller = 1.59 miles

Day: tried to stay busy by doing homework to avoid worrying about what may be happening at our house in NC.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Saturday):
    @Bridie_Bird. @ColinMcP. @gemwolf110. @mg07030.
This discussion has been closed.