TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @ABO215 when do we do our first post for October? Thanks for all the info!
  • AB0215
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    @ABO215 when do we do our first post for October? Thanks for all the info!

@cmteach4 The October challenge begins Sunday September 30.
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Can't wait to start this challenge! Ready for motivation, inspiration and some fun in the mix!
    My name is Wendy. I'm from rainy Tn. As that is all its been doing most of the summer! I've gained a lot of weight over the past 9 years and ready to lose at least 30 pounds by the New year. Let's show the teams how it's done!
  • charlie9er
    charlie9er Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! I’m excited to be part of this group. I’m 51 & have been overweight all of my life. I’ve been in the 190s for about 15 years except my stint on WW where I got down to 176 (YAY!). I’m back in the 190s since I quit WW & want to feel like I did 20 lbs ago.
    My “remainder of 2018” goal is to get under 180.
    Glad to be a part of the Slimsons!!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, the weight I gave when I first commented on the forum will be my starting weight and whatever the scale says on sunday is the current weight? Meaning the first day of the challenge will show a loss/gain and really the October challenge is in effect right now? Is this correct?
    Thanks
  • AB0215
    Options
    Just to clarify, the weight I gave when I first commented on the forum will be my starting weight and whatever the scale says on sunday is the current weight? Meaning the first day of the challenge will show a loss/gain and really the October challenge is in effect right now? Is this correct?
    Thanks

@jogetsgains You're right, you'll post your new weight on Sunday, so technically, yes, you're starting your weight loss now.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Shelley here. I enjoy being active and workout most days. I also have a husband who loves to feed me. I weigh about 150 most days and would not mind losing a bit. Hobbies include my adorable pets, 3 dogs one kitty and to many fish to count. I also enjoy gardening and shooting my glocks. I work out of the home and go to work early every morning to workout with a friend. We do a lot of the darebee workouts.

Shelley
  • breakingred
    breakingred Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! Like everyone else, I am trying this for accountability and getting my butt smaller! I'd like to lose 30lbs overall (not in a month!!)

I am eating about 1550 calories, keto 20 or less net carbs per day). I am trying to work out every day. I am running (more like slow jog) and biking alternate days. Doing weights when I work and body weight exercises at home (TRX stuff, kettle bells)

I will be spending 2 weeks in CO elk hunting. I am hoping all the hiking will benefit me! Even though we will e in tents, I am bringing my scale with me so I can weigh in! Crazy? Maybe, but I dont care. I have a cruise in Dec and I want to look rocking!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @AB0215 One more clarification question! Are we supposed to post our new current weight with our starting weight the week of October 1 or by This Sunday which is only September 30th? Sorry to be so thick headed about this! Ha ha!
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Hi guys! My name is Sana, I'm 22, in my final year of college. I discovered this challenge in January and really love the accountability,support and reflection that it gives me. I was in a bit of a rut in terms of weight loss before I left for vacation (couldn't get underneath 190 lb!) but over vacation I lost 5 pounds instead of gaining which really helped revitalize my energy and motivation to keep going (just something about the fact that I feel like I can do it!)

Anyway, my overarching goal for this month are to lose 5 pounds to get to 183 pounds.

The way I plan on doing this is through my smaller goals:
    -eating under 1500 calories a day (I upped this because I had it set to lower, and it just wasn't helping me. I'd find myself sort of giving up when I got too hungry. This gives me more room and I've been using this goal since I came back from vacation, and it's been helping me as I've been losing weight and not feeling famished!),
    -exercise at least 3 times a week (increase my running by 10 second increments as well as weight lift),
    - drinking about 3 liters of water a day

and just overall taking care of myself. Showing myself that I care about me. Self love. :)

I'm excited to join you all in your journeys! :)

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

My name is Nancy. Back for my 3rd month in October here at the MONTHLY BLC and really enjoying it!! B):#<3

I'm from the East Coast, Boston area- New England. Wife and Mom, to two sons, and my two furbabies---a standard Poodle & rag doll cat. Lost 90lbs by 2016 on MFP previously , reaching my goal weight --- BUT injuries over the past year (to my back and leg) had me gain back 20+ lbs. Trying to get back to my healthy weight and regain my lost muscle mass while I'm recovering. Have lost over 13 of those pounds these past two months here!! :)
    LET'S DO THIS!!! :p:):#

Hi Nancy. What is you kittys name? I also have a Rag Doll kitty. She is purrrfect. Her name is SaraPee. Or princess because she thinks she is in charge. They are wonderful kitties.

Shelley
This discussion has been closed.