TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    This is my 3rd month on the challenge. It has been awesome for keeping me on track. I am a mostly at home mom of 3 kids. I just recently got a job teaching water aerobics a couple times a week. This is a big part of my long-term success goals.

I have been able to lose 40lbs a few times. But in the past, I always seemed to get pregnant when I hit that magical 40lb mark. This time, weight loss is for me, and I am at about 50lbs down now.

The next month, I am hoping to stay under my calories each day, but I am not following another eating plan besides that since I am starting food allergy testing this month. It would be great to lose 8lbs, but I would even be happy with maintenance due to the food testing this month. Which is overall more important right now.

I am happy to see some new faces and I am glad you are on our team!!!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    melbe159 wrote: »
    Hi, many thanks for all the info.
    My name is Melanie, I’m 47 and I’ve been trying to get back to my (pre children) wieght of 120lb since 1997 😅 Ive managed to get to 135lb and ’I’ve joined this challange to give me the inspiration and motivation to get the last few pounds off for good 💪🏼 excited 😊

@melbe159 Hi Melanie! Welcome to the team! You've got this! Let's get rid of those last 15 lbs!
    Hi all! Can't wait to start this challenge! Ready for motivation, inspiration and some fun in the mix!
    My name is Wendy. I'm from rainy Tn. As that is all its been doing most of the summer! I've gained a lot of weight over the past 9 years and ready to lose at least 30 pounds by the New year. Let's show the teams how it's done!

@silverstar65 Hi Wendy! Welcome! Let's get rid of those 30 lbs together!
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Hi guys! My name is Sana, I'm 22, in my final year of college. I discovered this challenge in January and really love the accountability,support and reflection that it gives me. I was in a bit of a rut in terms of weight loss before I left for vacation (couldn't get underneath 190 lb!) but over vacation I lost 5 pounds instead of gaining which really helped revitalize my energy and motivation to keep going (just something about the fact that I feel like I can do it!)

I'm excited to join you all in your journeys! :)
    @ssssanaaaa Welcome back Sana, glad you're back!

lorib642 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'm Lori. I haven't ben logging well, and it shows. I am happy to be here and will participate more than last month. I have a dog who makes me walk him and play (and get up) which helps me to exercise.

@lorib642 Welcome back Lori, dogs can be such great motivators! And they're fun to walk with!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi 👋
    I'm Jo. My start weight was 340 at my heaviest and is now 267. I have been consistently changing my eating and health habits since January. My first new year's resolution to stick! I love the gym and getting my athleticism back. I have chosen a low carb way of eating and feel so much better head to toe when I stick to it. Unfortunately, I also have a penchant for laying on the couch, watching tv with a bag of chips on my gut and eating the whole thing. I haven't had a whole bag of chips in a while, but I have to make a conscious effort to make good decisions. Hopefully soon it will be habit.
    I have a competitive streak so I am excited to find a challenge that is simple and consistent.
    Go Slimsons!

@Hi Jo, welcome to the team! You've done an amazing job this far! Let's get to the finish line together!
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Hi! I am very excited to be on the Slimsons and try this monthly Biggest Loser. I am just finishing the fall BLC and so far have lost 9 pounds and want to continue on that route! I had gone from 230 down to 155 in 2016 after 2 years on MFP. Felt better than I ever have, life happens and I gradually regained about 50+ pounds! But I was encouraged by the 20 pounds I did manage to keep off when added to 30i had kept off from prior years. So anyway, I am 66and have rheumatoid arthritis problems but stay active with Zumba and aerobic swim classes and some walking. I try to eat as much Whole Foods as possible and cut back on my saturated fats and added sugars. Portion control is a big help too as I count my chips and never eat out of the bag anymore! Ha ha! Little steps can add up! Anyway, I would love to 10 to 15 more pounds off by the end of this year. Glad to be a part of the Slimsons! Whoo hoo!
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    @AB0215 One more clarification question! Are we supposed to post our new current weight with our starting weight the week of October 1 or by This Sunday which is only September 30th? Sorry to be so thick headed about this! Ha ha!

@cmteach4 Welcome to the team! 10-15 lbs by the end of the year is a great goal, you got this!

And your weigh in day is Friday. That means you post your weight on Fridays, and since the challenge begins on Sept 30th, your Week 1 weigh in is due Friday Oct 5th.

• AB0215
    Options
    charlie9er wrote: »
    Hi Team! I’m excited to be part of this group. I’m 51 & have been overweight all of my life. I’ve been in the 190s for about 15 years except my stint on WW where I got down to 176 (YAY!). I’m back in the 190s since I quit WW & want to feel like I did 20 lbs ago.
    My “remainder of 2018” goal is to get under 180.
    Glad to be a part of the Slimsons!!

@charlie9er Welcome! I used to do WW, it's just not for me, works for a lot of people though!
    Let's get to the 180s, you got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi all, Shelley here. I enjoy being active and workout most days. I also have a husband who loves to feed me. I weigh about 150 most days and would not mind losing a bit. Hobbies include my adorable pets, 3 dogs one kitty and to many fish to count. I also enjoy gardening and shooting my glocks. I work out of the home and go to work early every morning to workout with a friend. We do a lot of the darebee workouts.

Shelley
    @zumbaforever Hi Shelley, welcome! It's probably a good thing I don't have a husband who likes to feed me, instead he waits for me to feed him, which works because then I control the food :smile:
    Your house sounds busy with 3 dogs, a cat and a bunch of fish...and it's pretty impressive that you have a cat and dogs and fish...when I was a kid, we had a fish tank and a dog who loved to try to poke the fish through the tank and as an adult I've had cats...and I fish-sat once...had to hide the poor fish in the cabinet...
    Hi! Like everyone else, I am trying this for accountability and getting my butt smaller! I'd like to lose 30lbs overall (not in a month!!)

I am eating about 1550 calories, keto 20 or less net carbs per day). I am trying to work out every day. I am running (more like slow jog) and biking alternate days. Doing weights when I work and body weight exercises at home (TRX stuff, kettle bells)

I will be spending 2 weeks in CO elk hunting. I am hoping all the hiking will benefit me! Even though we will e in tents, I am bringing my scale with me so I can weigh in! Crazy? Maybe, but I dont care. I have a cruise in Dec and I want to look rocking!

@breakingred Welcome! Great goals and great activities! I almost took my scale with me on vacation a few months ago...so I get it!
  • AB0215
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

My name is Nancy. Back for my 3rd month in October here at the MONTHLY BLC and really enjoying it!! B):#<3

I'm from the East Coast, Boston area- New England. Wife and Mom, to two sons, and my two furbabies---a standard Poodle & rag doll cat. Lost 90lbs by 2016 on MFP previously , reaching my goal weight --- BUT injuries over the past year (to my back and leg) had me gain back 20+ lbs. Trying to get back to my healthy weight and regain my lost muscle mass while I'm recovering. Have lost over 13 of those pounds these past two months here!! :)

Hope to lose another 5lbs. in October and hopefully get back to my goal weight by the end! :#

Learned a lot from my team these last 2 months. I am looking forward to another successful month with you all--- and hope I can support you well in the process! <3

LET'S DO THIS!!! :p:):#

@SLIMn2016 Welcome back Nancy! You got this! You're doing great!

Hi all!

I’m Josie, 24, and I’m so excited to have some people to hold me accountable. I plan on listening to my body by being mindful in my eating and through a lot of self love. My calorie goal per day is <1500.

Calories don’t include workouts right? I like getting in my daily exercise too!

Also.. I’m new to this group thing so sorry for my technological struggles I clearly already went through by reposting a post and I don’t even know how to delete it. 😬

@_ecofeminist Welcome Josie! The choice to add exercise calories back is a personal choice, I choose not to because it's so hard to know exactly what you're burning when you exercise, but it does work for a lot of people...
    As for deleting posts, I only learned this last month...you can flag your own post and mark it to be deleted, but you can't just delete a post....nothing is that simple lol.
  • AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hey there - just wanted to say my name is Vikki and I am here to kick butt and drop lbs!!!

I have been overweight for most of my life and since having my baby a few years ago I have lost almost 50lbs (slow and steady wins the race right)? I have been treated around 5 years ago for an Eating Disorder - however my issue is mainly binging and mindless eating, though I do go through periods of restriction (I am being very careful with my weight loss to not trigger a relapse and think I am not doing too bad at the moment). I work for the NHS in the UK, have a beautiful two year old daughter and try to get to the Gym at least 3 x a week.

My main issue at the moment is really snacking in an evening, biscuits/sweets/chocolate etc.

I am choosing to weigh in on a Monday to try and reduce the weekend blow outs.

@PrincessVamp666 Hi Vikki and welcome! You've had a tough break. The most important part of weight loss is really making healthy new habits and it sounds like you're doing much better in that respect. A lot of times, for me, just knowing that I'm not alone in my struggles, really helps me to keep me on the right track. I used to use food for comfort and honestly, I used to snack a lot at night too. I might suggest trying something better to help curb your cravings, somethings like sugar free jello...things like that...super low calorie/carb etc and can make you feel like you're not depriving yourself...which can help lead to healthier habits overall...
    Another thing that really helped me to stop late night snacking is intermittent fasting, I just stop eating for the day at 8 pm, so I don't snack after that...

Anyways, welcome to the team! You've got a great strategy for helping to curb your weekend struggles!
  • AB0215
    Options
    I think I'm all caught up, I normally try to get to this page more than I have this week and I'm sorry about that! It's been a bit of a busy week for me and I'm just trying to keep my sanity in tact, which has proven to be a bit more challenging than I expected!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I think I'm all caught up, I normally try to get to this page more than I have this week and I'm sorry about that! It's been a bit of a busy week for me and I'm just trying to keep my sanity in tact, which has proven to be a bit more challenging than I expected!

Thank you so much for setting me straight on weigh in date! I think that has something to do with my age lately I am sad to say! Ha ha! I also want to give you kudos for addressing every new me,ever and old ones too! You are an awesome leader and I am so excited about this new group!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi Nancy. What is you kittys name? I also have a Rag Doll kitty. She is purrrfect. Her name is SaraPee. Or princess because she thinks she is in charge. They are wonderful kitties.

Shelley

Hi Shelley--- His name is Max (Maximillian)...but we mostly call him "MEEX" or "MEEXes" (which is Greek for boogers--- bc he has allergies and is always sneezing--- :D:D:D ). Sorry I know that's awful---LOL. He likes it though. :# He's a huge guy---he was 16lbs. Shelly, but we switched his diet to a grain free wet food only and he lost weight--now he's 13lbs--- he's the BIGGEST KITTY LOSER! :D;):)
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,866 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Hi all, Shelley here. I enjoy being active and workout most days. I also have a husband who loves to feed me. I weigh about 150 most days and would not mind losing a bit. Hobbies include my adorable pets, 3 dogs one kitty and to many fish to count. I also enjoy gardening and shooting my glocks. I work out of the home and go to work early every morning to workout with a friend. We do a lot of the darebee workouts.

Shelley
    @zumbaforever Hi Shelley, welcome! It's probably a good thing I don't have a husband who likes to feed me, instead he waits for me to feed him, which works because then I control the food :smile:
    Your house sounds busy with 3 dogs, a cat and a bunch of fish...and it's pretty impressive that you have a cat and dogs and fish...when I was a kid, we had a fish tank and a dog who loved to try to poke the fish through the tank and as an adult I've had cats...and I fish-sat once...had to hide the poor fish in the cabinet...

I wish my husband would stop feeding me. He hides chocolate where I will stumble upon it. Drives me nuts. My kitty tries to slap at my fish. All my tanks have Glass covers and hoods for everyone's safety. Currently I have 5 saltwater tanks set up. It has gotten out of hand and I need to downsize. (Over 90 fish) I admire your taking the time to recognize everyone of us here.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,866 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley--- His name is Max (Maximillian)...but we mostly call him "MEEX" or "MEEXes" (which is Greek for boogers--- bc he has allergies and is always sneezing--- :D:D:D ). Sorry I know that's awful---LOL. He likes it though. :# He's a huge guy---he was 16lbs. Shelly, but we switched his diet to a grain free wet food only and he lost weight--now he's 13lbs--- he's the BIGGEST KITTY LOSER! :D;):) [/quote]

My daughter's kitty was really overweight. She also changed her diet for the better. She was so huge she could not jump. Could not fit in the litter box with the cover on. My little SaraPee is lucky to not ever have been over weight. Love your sense of humor, boogers! Lol

Shelley

• AB0215
    Options
    Good Morning Team and Welcome to October!

Today marks day 1 of the October challenge!

You'll start entering your weights in this thread beginning today, so for your Sunday weigh ins, that's today!

Let's start strong, we got this!!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Jogetsgains
    Oct Week 1 weigh in
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Silverstar65
    Oct. Week 1
    Beg. 196
    End. 195
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Jogetsgains
    Oct Week 1 weigh in

So my weigh in just got woo'd. I am hoping whoever woo'd thinks that woo is supposed to mean something positive. There is some confusion on mfp as to whether it is a compliment or an insult.
This discussion has been closed.