TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I do want to get back to IF, and see if I can manage it again. I just don't want to binge on weekends. That's when I get my treats. And I have so many. And I can't waste them. So I have been rationing them out and only eating them on weekends, once a day. Once they are gone, I'm done, though.

I am trying to wait till 10am before having my coffee. And I think I can do it today. Might even push to 10:30. haha

@tinak33 There are low cal treats out there, I tend to use sugarfree jello, it feels like a treat but it's 10 calories and no carbs..or I blend ice and throw some mio on top of it, feels like a snow cone but it's 0 calories and takes me a while to eat.
    You could be one of those people who does a 10-6 intermittent fasting window, start at 10 with your coffee and have dinner at like 6ish...just a suggestion.
    I used to drink a lot of coffee but I sort of stopped just because I really felt like they were unnecessary calories when I really could replace my caffeine with something else and I did. I very rarely drink coffee and if I do I just use a 0 cal sweeetner and a 0 calorie flavored syrup...while not cream, it does take the bitterness out of the coffee...
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I do want to get back to IF, and see if I can manage it again. I just don't want to binge on weekends. That's when I get my treats. And I have so many. And I can't waste them. So I have been rationing them out and only eating them on weekends, once a day. Once they are gone, I'm done, though.

I am trying to wait till 10am before having my coffee. And I think I can do it today. Might even push to 10:30. haha

@tinak33 There are low cal treats out there, I tend to use sugarfree jello, it feels like a treat but it's 10 calories and no carbs..or I blend ice and throw some mio on top of it, feels like a snow cone but it's 0 calories and takes me a while to eat.
    You could be one of those people who does a 10-6 intermittent fasting window, start at 10 with your coffee and have dinner at like 6ish...just a suggestion.
    I used to drink a lot of coffee but I sort of stopped just because I really felt like they were unnecessary calories when I really could replace my caffeine with something else and I did. I very rarely drink coffee and if I do I just use a 0 cal sweeetner and a 0 calorie flavored syrup...while not cream, it does take the bitterness out of the coffee...

10-6 would be more ideal for my fasting window, except that I don't get home till almost 7pm most days. I leave work around 5pm, and it's an hour drive. If I have to stop for gas or groceries, it's after 6 when I get home. So I would either be picking up dinner on the way and eating in the car, or missing it all together. That usually leads to binge eating at 9pm. lol

I am going to look into the sugar free jello. I need more low cal snacks. I have some relatively low cal snacks..... I just made the snack sizes bigger, and now they aren't low cal. :D:D
    I have tried a few different sweeteners... but honestly, if my coffee doesn't taste like dessert, I won't drink it. And while I could just say "no more coffee", I don't think my coworkers would appreciate the side effects. HAHAHA
    The coffee I drink now is "low cal" compared to what I drink on the weekends. So in a way, I did cut down on calories there.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    ekuassi wrote: »
    Daily post 10-01

Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes, 45 min of circuit training

Goals for today: make my 10000 steps and go to my core class

Core class is where it’s at! Those are the most demanding for me. 🙌🏻 hope it’s awesome!

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily stats: Tuesday, October 2

Tracked: yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 minutes total arm workout

I go back to work this week after mini vacay- I work evenings— so you’ll see a lot of early posts from me. I pack up my dinner and then go.. ☺️

Goal - I’m going to drink a lot of water tonight, I have a work event - no cocktails for me. My weigh in is on Saturday- focusing on some good changes!
  • melbe159
    melbe159 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday

Track yes
    Calories over again 😨
    Exercise 3 mile brisk walk

Goal tomorrow to stay within calories 🤞
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, Oct. 2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: Yes, 60 min. strength training class & 70 min lateral trainer HIIT

Goals: More green tea. Higher calories tomorrow... fasting 5/2 on Thursday.
  • charlie9er
    charlie9er Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday

Track: no
    Exercise: walk dogs around block
    Wednesday Goal: no sugar!!
    Comments: pilates tomorrow night
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV, @jcgator2016! Enjoy that feeling, it will only get better! Whoo Hoo is right!
  • bdixon1154
    bdixon1154 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Calories: Yes under! But not healthy eating!
    Exercise: Yes one mile walk.

Goals: I'm going to try to eat healthier tomorrow.
  • AB0215
    Options

New weight/strength workout program has me lifting on M-W-F, and recovery days (no exercise) on Tues and Thurs for the first 3 weeks. But, it's hard for me to do nothing, ended up doing 2 hours yard work, and 1.5 hours cleaning the pool and pool house.

Ashley made a good point a couple days ago. She said even though we are losing weight, we don't see the difference. So, today, I had one of those NSV moments. Wife has been bugging me to get new slacks and dress shirts since my clothes are a little too big, and we have to attend a wedding this Saturday. Honestly, I was just going to cinch my belt a little tighter because I really didn't want to buy clothes until I lost more and I thought I might of just went down just one size at most. So, off to the mall, to the men's dept, Big and Tall section. A nice sales clerk lady came over to assist and I told her I needed a pair of dress slacks and a button down oxford shirt. She asked me what sizes, I told her my old sizes, but I had lost a little weight. So, she took out her cloth measuring tape and measured my neck, and waist. Then she told me to follow her, I asked where we were going. In her sweet southern accent, she said, "Oh honey, you in the wrong section." So we left the Big and Tall, and went to regular men's section, which I haven't shopped in over 10+ years. I wish I had taken my measurements when I first started my weight loss journey. So, I had gone from a 19 neck to 17, a shirt equivalent to a 3XL to an XL, a size 46 dress slacks to a 42. Matter of fact the slacks have that extended waistband, so it's really a size 40-42. I was quite surprised. and stil grinning 5 hours later.

The sales clerk was so nice. When I was paying for my clothes she saw me smiling. She told me she knew exactly how I'm feeling, because she had recently lost 110 lbs. I had to give her a hug and thanked her.

@jcgator2016 I love this! Hopefully you'll take those measurements now!! It really helps when you can't see it! And pictures, those really help too!
    Congrats Jim!

Also, I totally get how hard it is to take complete rest, I forced myself on Sunday to take a rest day and still manged to go to the mall and walk around for an hour...
  • AB0215
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Daily Post, Tuesday

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes under
    Exercise: 45 minutes of Zumba!

Getting close to “overweight” instead of obese on the BMI! Can’t wait to just be overweight! Ha ha! That sounds a little weird, but you know what I mean! LOL!

@cmteach4 Great day and congrats!
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »

LOL thank you! Yeah, she gave one to my little brother and then tried serving me and I told her no that's fine but she was SOO insistent and I didn't want to be rude so I just took the donut hole lol.

@ssssanaaaa LOL the fact that it was a donut hole....oh I can only imagine what words I would have used after she didn't take no for an answer...lol...I'm a nice person, until I'm not lol. just saying.
  • AB0215
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Question of the Week:
    What if your favorite workout song?
    (The real challenge here is picking ONE favorite lol.)
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, running and walking at the park

Goals/Day: I stayed under my calorie max, drank 48 oz of water, and ate a light dinner. The weather was perfect, so I enjoyed an outside jog.

Terrific Tuesday!
This discussion has been closed.