SoulSister's OMAD journey

Replies

• I have a question maybe some of you can answer.

During the holidays i 'broke' my OMAD once and I had a pizza in the evening (my eating window is lunchtime otherwise). It was intentional I knew i would do it as I went out that day so I was really looking forward to it. However once I was eating the pizza I didn't quite like it. I was just not hungry and generally it was kind of a 'meh' experience (there was nothing wrong with the pizza per se). I noticed this when I have my cheat days too. Foods I was really looking forward to eating just doesn't taste as good now or i am just not eating them with that 'OMG this is so good' feeling I used to. Maybe that is the reason why I find OMAD now easier as this happened a couple of times so i know even if i would break my fast i would not enjoy the food that much anyway so why bother. I'm talking outside my eating window. So weird.

Why is that? Does anyone know?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I have a question maybe some of you can answer.

During the holidays i 'broke' my OMAD once and I had a pizza in the evening (my eating window is lunchtime otherwise). It was intentional I knew i would do it as I went out that day so I was really looking forward to it. However once I was eating the pizza I didn't quite like it. I was just not hungry and generally it was kind of a 'meh' experience (there was nothing wrong with the pizza per se). I noticed this when I have my cheat days too. Foods I was really looking forward to eating just doesn't taste as good now or i am just not eating them with that 'OMG this is so good' feeling I used to. Maybe that is the reason why I find OMAD now easier as this happened a couple of times so i know even if i would break my fast i would not enjoy the food that much anyway so why bother. I'm talking outside my eating window. So weird.

Why is that? Does anyone know?

Probably mostly habit and mindset - I don't usually experience anything like that, HOWEVER note that I have other aids to make food extra delish anyway LMAO. Make sure you're not thinking of it as a "cheat" but rather as a conscious decision, that way it doesn't feel off limits?
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    I think our tastebuds change as we don't eat or eat certain foods, too. They adapt a bit. So maybe the pizza tasted different because your tastebuds ae different.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I totally agree with the tastebuds changing.....I love me some dark chocolate....and when I eat it now it is still awesome but not how I remember when I would eat all I wanted whenever I wanted.....I think it is also a change in our mindset as well...….
  • Thanks for the responses ladies! I really was quite disappointed :0))
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    I love dark chocolate better than the milk ones! :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    I think that by eating omad we forcibly reduce our carb intake so when we eat a 'treat' outside our window our bodies are not really primed to need the fix. So it's not like what we remember as far as appeasing the fantasy. Maybe?
  • This is very possible. Maybe i truly am fat adapted and when i have unnecessary carbs my body is just like meh, its ok but we dont really need it. Thanks for your response.

• 11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs

My weight was fluctuating like crazy during this time.

I know as I got new scales for xmas so I weighed myself daily in the past 2 weeks. Least was 163.9lbs and most was 167.1lbs after my 'cheat' day. No wonder we are totally confused, that's a 3.2 pound fluctuation within 2 weeks! How is that even possible.
  • mistymeadows2005
    11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs

I know as I got new scales for xmas so I weighed myself daily in the past 2 weeks. Least was 163.9lbs and most was 167.1lbs after my 'cheat' day. No wonder we are totally confused, that's a 3.2 pound fluctuation within 2 weeks! How is that even possible.

LMFAO boo - that's NOTHING - I swing 6-10 pounds from Mon morn-Fri morn every week - salt, hormones, glycogen..they all affect weight and are not "fat loss" related..worry not, it's normal :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Here's my graph showing the swings:

4cd6efe6t5ll.png
  • volgirl1322
    I can always swing back and forth like that too from the start of the week to the end of the week. I purposely don't weigh everyday because I would go insane if I did, even though the sensible me knows it fluctuates....the psycho :D side of me gets anxiety over the higher number....but it is so normal...….
    You are doing great! What is your goal weight?
  • Crazy. 6-10 pounds a week? Whaaaat? Whoa!

My goal weight is staged. First 150, then 140 and maybe 130. Im 5 8 and a half. I will have to see it to decide. I was thinking maybe to go for a short maybe 3 month gym session as its too cold here to even walk outside.. Waiting for spring.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Same for me...I have decided to have mini goal weights as its easier for me to achieve ( hopefully :) ) Can't wait for Autumn as it would be cooler then :)
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
  • volgirl1322
    Yes the mini goals are awesome. they really motivate me!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs

LMFAO boo - that's NOTHING - I swing 6-10 pounds from Mon morn-Fri morn every week - salt, hormones, glycogen..they all affect weight and are not "fat loss" related..worry not, it's normal :)

Same here but good news, it comes back off!!! :)

• 11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs
    08/02/19 - 162.3 lbs

The last 2 weeks were quite busy for me as I am going through a busy period in my life. I started to restrict my calories more so I believe that is the reason behind the result here. I also notice more peace of mind and generally more energy levels. Was thinking of writing an Omad update of the changes I noticed.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Nice loss this week - You'll be in the 150's before you know it
  • volgirl1322
    WOW how cool!!! Great results you totally are rockin it!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE DROP! KUTGW!!!