Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Amazing loss! Keep up the good work! :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Excellent progress!
  • Thank you all for your kind words.

Arguablysamsom thank you for your amazing videos, you have no idea how you have changed my life! Really. I was a person who gave up. I thought I can never be slim again and its impossible for me to lose weight. All the misinformation and the crazy diets that are out there really are shutting out the words of simplicity and wisdom. You are one of the few who tell the truth. I love your keto craziness videos. I did low carb in the past and it is a crazy diet, what nonsense. And everyone seems to be so blinded by it. Hating foods instead of recognising that we just eat too much. I am not pointing fingers, I could not see the wood from the trees either. I have read a recommendation to your channel online and never looked back. The adjustment period was hell, but after that it just gets easier.

Today I tried on some clothes i bought last September and they started to be too big for me. Their arm is somehow too large etc. I was so happy about this :-)
  • jadepearl
    I love it when I try my clothes and its just too loose / too big for me! That shows that I am much smaller now and I have loss weight :) Congratulations to you, gf! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    THAT IS THE BEST WIN EVER! LOOSE CLOTHES!

So excited for you, and proud!!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG I love big clothes!!! LOL I tried on a tunic earlier this week to wear with some leggings and it was always cute in the past, when I tried it on it was huge, just like ugly huge, it just hung on me...….I was happy :)!!!! It is so weird to be able to fit into anything Medium......I had been xlg and even 1xlg at my heaviest so it is strange to grab a medium and it looks great!!1

keep up the good work!!!
  • I know, even my winter coat is way too big now. I had to dig out my smaller size jacket as it started to look silly! I love this feeeling. I found it strange that the clothes are too big on the arms, i never thought that your arms shrink too.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Shrinking is awesome!!! :)

• 11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs
    08/02/19 - 162.3 lbs
    22/02/19 - 158.6 lbs

Well, this actually looks better than it is!
    I had a stomach bug so basically couldn't eat for 4 days! Well, who says calories in and calories out doesn't work right? Anyhow I feel better thankfully - I expect this will go back to just below 160 lbs when I restart normal OMAD eating.
    The scary thing is actually that I didn't deviate from omad even sick. I ate within my eating window albeit much slowly so it took me like 3 hours to eat a bowl of rice and a cooked potato but hey, I still consider it as omad!
    That 150 lbs seems quite achievable from here :0)
    I did have a look at my body today and i'm not sure 130 lbs is a good overall goal for me, I think I would have too much loose skin and sagging (I'm not in my 20s), so I see how i look at 150 lbs, maybe 140 lbs would be a good overall goal? Lets see.

Btw all of a sudden everyone started to notice and comment on my weight loss. I have so many compliments its quite startling. People do ask what i do but at this stage i don't tell specifics, just that i eat less (which is true). Just funny how people comment in batches! For a long while no one said anything but now I'm at the 50 pounds lost mark (which is crazy!!) which seems to be the charm.. Super happy with the progress to be honest. :0))
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm glad your feeling better :)
  • volgirl1322
    Glad you are feeling better! And congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Compliments are the best!!! I get the same thing, suddenly something happens and everyone notices...the "whoosh" of the people-noticing arena LOL

Just play it by ear babe! Stop where you feel comfortable :)
  • jadepearl
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better now and congrats on your weight loss and compliments! :) That means its obvious till people notice it. Hope you will be back to pink health real soon <3
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member

11/01/19 - 166.6 lbs
    25/01/19 - 165.1 lbs
    08/02/19 - 162.3 lbs
    22/02/19 - 158.6 lbs
    08/03/19 - 158.7 lbs

I'm very happy with this as it is real weight loss now (not due to sickness). I had the whoosh effect yesterday, so always happy to see that. I keep going down in weight hence I'm super happy with the continued success (ie I have not had a plateau for a while now). Going through a super busy and quite stressful period so I haven't given much thought to eating to be honest so I eat all the junk and drink my nemesis diet soda..
    Hopefully by April I will be able to normalize my eating too.
  • volgirl1322
    Glad you are back and doing well, hope your stress settles down soon!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Doing great!!! That stress can be a killer but looks like you're handling it well <3 Rock on sista!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member

I have been very busy the past month - was undergoing a major life change.

I still did OMAD, however I clearly ate too much for my lunch (my one meal).
    I found it challenging to keep up eating once a day when my focus was not there at all and it was a super stressful period, but I'm proud to say that i did it.

My weight didn't really change I put on a pound or so and I'm not surprised as i didn't care at all (meaning I ate whatever I wanted until I was stuffed, feeling sorry for myself - gonna re-watch that video about the 2 slogans of defeat, but I was not even watching videos nor read/thought about anything weight-loss related).

I realize now, that I'm within 20 pounds of my overall goal so I need to be more disciplined to achieve it, if I eat around 1900 calories a day I maintain, hence I will have to go lower to lose. Joe's new video was timely, as he mentions this requires an iron will :) I will submit my current weight on Friday. Just wanted to check in in the meantime as I see the forum got busy :) . Overall I think this 'break' might not have been bad for my body, it was time for it to adjust and catch up. 50 pounds still gone and counting..

On a more fun note, I wanted to mention that now I have people (men) looking at me on the street which has not happened for years and years and I find it really strange. And it is true, shop assistants are generally nicer to smaller people - or to the smaller version of me. Really weird how society looks upon weight.
  • volgirl1322
    Sorry for what was going on in your life, but glad that you are back! Being within 20lbs of your goal is really amazing :)!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    You're doin' great babe - maintaining in a time of stress is a feat in and of itself!!! So well done!

ALSO I love that you're noticing the attention RIGHT at the same point I am! About 50 down and about 20 (for me closer to 30) to go LOL - it's odd BUT I LIKE IT >:)>:)>:)

You've got the will to get through this, you've just gotta choose to flex that muscle...you've got this :flowerforyou:
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    You didn't gain much for a month off so that's great! And how wonderful that you're only 20 pounds from goal, woohoo!