Replies

• mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Thursday, October 25, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 20 minute HIIT on elliptical / 30 minute strength training / 30 minute walk
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    October 25
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    Previous: 158
    This Week: 158.6

A little disappointed that my weight was slightly higher, although I have been hitting the gym regularly and ate over my calories this week (except for these past two days). I might have gained muscle and/or fat over this past week. Although the month ends before the next weigh-in I am curious to see how I change in this upcoming week. Still aiming for 155 lbs...if not this month, surely the next!
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Thurs, October 25th

Tracking: YES
    Calories: YES
    Exercise: YES, Today was Leg Day! So I did at least 1.5/2hr worth of leg exercises including squats, deadlifts, kickbacks, etc.

**Question: Does anyone have any good sites for calculating the calories burned from strength training? The MyFitnessPal app on my phone does not give me calories burned during a training session.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

**Question: Does anyone have any good sites for calculating the calories burned from strength training? The MyFitnessPal app on my phone does not give me calories burned during a training session.

Good question, Mikayla. Hoping someone has an answer. I know some people use certain trackers that are good for that. The Apple watch may be one.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    Previous: 158
    This Week: 158.6

A little disappointed that my weight was slightly higher, although I have been hitting the gym regularly and ate over my calories this week (except for these past two days). I might have gained muscle and/or fat over this past week. Although the month ends before the next weigh-in I am curious to see how I change in this upcoming week. Still aiming for 155 lbs...if not this month, surely the next!

Hitting the gym regularly is great!! Just eat a little less and the results will show on the scales. I bet you feel better, even though the scales didn't show you the number you were looking for. Have you taken any measurements?
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    How do I get back into one of these teams? I'd like to participate for November!!!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Oct Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 222.75
    Current Weight: 213.75

WOW!!!! Anti biotics kicked in over last weekend and from Monday I have been clean eating again. 9lbs in a week is incredible but it just shows how much I was trying to feed my flu.

Feel so much better at the minute just its suddenly gone to cold in UK, I'm hibernating at night and not getting to the gym.

Aim is back in gym before Xmas and I am going to start 30 day plank tonight.

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oct 25

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Yesterday took my measurements and I am half an inch down on my waste, an inch down on my hips and 1 and half inches down on my thighs

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN -friday
    bizgirl26
    last week 163.7
    Today 161
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    mini challenge Thursday and Friday
    Y to logging , calories and exercise both days
    I hope I can keep up the momentum. My week has been super busy and I have 3 parties this wknd so I have to behave :p
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting weight on 7/25/2018: 309
    September start weight: 290
    October start weight: 279
    -————————————-
    Previous Week's weight: 271
    Today's Weight: 268.2
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    Name abowersgirl
    I usually weigh in Saturday's but am weighing today as I will be gone for the weekend and no where near a scale
    Last weeks weight: 149.2
    This week 149.8

A small blimp this week but I am not going to let it get me down...I saw the "real" results in my inches this week 😃😃 it wasn't a great week eating wise, yes I made sure to exercise so that I was still under my total calories but I was having a rough TOM this time around. I will be walking a lot this weekend if not I will be on a bus, so my usual routine won't be my exercise. I won't have much choice food wise, as they will be picking our destinations to eat but I will still plan to be as mindful as possible
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    lesockie wrote: »
    How do I get back into one of these teams? I'd like to participate for November!!!

@lesockie, the November Challenge officially starts on Sunday, November 4th. So, next week sometime there will be a November registration thread. Look for it, then post your starting weight and preferred weigh-in day. You will then be assigned to a team.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Oct Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 222.75
    Current Weight: 213.75

WOW!!!! Anti biotics kicked in over last weekend and from Monday I have been clean eating again. 9lbs in a week is incredible but it just shows how much I was trying to feed my flu.

Feel so much better at the minute just its suddenly gone to cold in UK, I'm hibernating at night and not getting to the gym.

Aim is back in gym before Xmas and I am going to start 30 day plank tonight.

I am so happy that you are feeling better; first because of the antibiotics and second because of the clean eating and the flu weight falling off!! Yes, 9 pounds in a week is incredible!!! There are still ~ two whole months before Christmas....don't wait that long to get back into the gym!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week 4
    Weight in day Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 146.2
    Today’s weight:145.6

October 25

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    60 min full body workout
    Steps: 4138
    Water: 88oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    WEIGH IN -friday
    bizgirl26
    last week 163.7
    Today 161

You are doing incredible work!! Very nice loss!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    WEIGH IN
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting weight on 7/25/2018: 309
    September start weight: 290
    October start weight: 279
    -————————————-
    Previous Week's weight: 271
    Today's Weight: 268.2

Almost three pounds gone and into the 60's!!! Well done!! You must have figured out a way to feel fuller, or to live with that feeling of hunger!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Week 4
    Name abowersgirl
    I usually weigh in Saturday's but am weighing today as I will be gone for the weekend and no where near a scale
    Last weeks weight: 149.2
    This week 149.8

A small blimp this week but I am not going to let it get me down...I saw the "real" results in my inches this week 😃😃 it wasn't a great week eating wise, yes I made sure to exercise so that I was still under my total calories but I was having a rough TOM this time around. I will be walking a lot this weekend if not I will be on a bus, so my usual routine won't be my exercise. I won't have much choice food wise, as they will be picking our destinations to eat but I will still plan to be as mindful as possible

I am so glad you took your measurements....they tell the real story when the scale does not. You have been working really hard, and you know it....that's why you are not going to let some random number on the scales get you down!!! Yes, mindful eating and walking will keep this weekend's damage to a minimum! Have fun...where are you going?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week 4
    Weight in day Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 146.2
    Today’s weight:145.6

October 25

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    60 min full body workout
    Steps: 4138
    Water: 88oz

Wow!! You are like the Energizer Bunny...you just keep on going!! Nice loss this week!!
This discussion has been closed.