TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options

Replies

• lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS How do I sign up to join the challenge and become a part of any of these teams?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    lesockie wrote: »
    How do I get back into one of these teams? I'd like to participate for November!!!

@lesockie, the November Challenge officially starts on Sunday, November 4th. So, next week sometime there will be a November registration thread. Look for it, then post your starting weight and preferred weigh-in day. You will then be assigned to a team.

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    October 27

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    30 min walk
    Steps: 4740
    Water: 88oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @jkdooley and @lesockie

The November registration thread is open. It is listed under "Announcements".
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Results for October Week #4

Coming in as the Biggest Loser for Week #4, and thanking "the flu" in her acceptance speech, is our very own @Tracie_Lord, losing 4.04% of her body weight. Congratulations Tracie!! Coming in second overall, and thanking "her broken scale" in her acceptance speech, is our very own @Reanna143, losing 3.52% of her body weight. Congratulations, Steffy!!

We had five Big Butts who had a terrific week and lost over 1% of their body weight. Well done to:

@Tracie_Lord - 4.04%
    @Reanna143 - 3.52%
    @xr8_kiwi - 1.81%
    @bizgirl26 - 1.65%
    @mikea2g - 1.03%

As a team we came third, losing 0.47%. Haven't placed in the top three in a while, so I thought it was worth mentioning!!
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sat Oct. 27 Mini Challenge

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes, Ab day at the gym, plus 30 min of cardio
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@HASWLRS.
    @ENRiyard.
    @GardenMama129.
    @kidkees.
    @MelsLeanDream.
    @txmaryk99.
    @CCzMini.
    @ForLangston.
    @mickey10111.
    @Nicoletime4me.
    @bizgirl26.
    @erikNJ.
    @Jenmarcuson.
    @mikea2g.
    @murdog3t.
    @Tracie_Lord.
    @XR8_kiwi.
    @abowersgirl.
    @DoingItForMySon.
    @kc9agz.
    @reanna143.

This is the last week of the October Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the November Challenge.

The November challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10703862/team-the-big-butt-theory-november#latest
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or Ashley (@AB0215) or Craig ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    I just wanted to confirm that I have 1 more weigh in for this month. The November challenge starts Sunday 4th, correct? So I weigh in here on Friday 2nd?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Saturday mini challenge
    Y to logging calories and exercise

Sunday mini challenge
    Y to logging and calories
    N to exercise . I did do 20 minutes but my back bothered me so I stopped
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Sunday, October 28, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 20 minute HIIT elliptical / 30 minute strength training / 10 minute plank -ball throw - prowler sled - ropes circuit. Wish I would have done this at night instead of morning, I was wasted all day!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    @HASWLRS
    I just wanted to confirm that I have 1 more weigh in for this month. The November challenge starts Sunday 4th, correct? So I weigh in here on Friday 2nd?

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Weigh-in here on Friday the 2nd. The November Challenge starts on Sunday the 4th.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    Saturday mini challenge
    Y to logging calories and exercise

Sunday mini challenge
    Y to logging and calories
    N to exercise . I did do 20 minutes but my back bothered me so I stopped

Sorry that your back was bothering you, but if you got in twenty minutes, then you are good!!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Oct Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 222.75
    Current Weight: 213.75

WOW!!!! Anti biotics kicked in over last weekend and from Monday I have been clean eating again. 9lbs in a week is incredible but it just shows how much I was trying to feed my flu.

Feel so much better at the minute just its suddenly gone to cold in UK, I'm hibernating at night and not getting to the gym.

Aim is back in gym before Xmas and I am going to start 30 day plank tonight.

I am so happy that you are feeling better; first because of the antibiotics and second because of the clean eating and the flu weight falling off!! Yes, 9 pounds in a week is incredible!!! There are still ~ two whole months before Christmas....don't wait that long to get back into the gym!!

Thanks hun

I intend to go back asp but time is a huge factor at the min. Life seems so busy but you are right I need to make time for me too xx
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Oct 26
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Oct 27
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Oct 28
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

I'm back from my weekend trip. It was extremely difficult to watch what I ate and very long bus rides. The bus ride and program operater would give out snacks during the trip (we left at 5 so had to be up at 4, I hadn't prepacked any food for the trip and was too "zombiefied" to think about it before we left) , all sweets and all carbs..when we did stop it was in malls and the only available food was food court food and the salad/fruit options were limited. I did manage to eat a healthy breakfast Sunday morning at the B&B we were staying at and took a couple of fruit for the road the second day. I tracked everything I ate and there was a ton of walking, so much that I'm feeling it in my legs today. If it wasn't for the walking, I definitley would have recorded a very bad weekend but because of it I managed to just slip under calories. I weighed myself this morning and had actually lost .2 so I guess that's an indication also of my walking. I had a lot of fun and we are planning to make it a yearly thing so I will know for next year what to expect, since this was my first time doing this.

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday yes
    Sunday yes
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    October 28

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 3766
    Water:64oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Oct 26
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Oct 27
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Oct 28
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

I'm back from my weekend trip. It was extremely difficult to watch what I ate and very long bus rides. The bus ride and program operater would give out snacks during the trip (we left at 5 so had to be up at 4, I hadn't prepacked any food for the trip and was too "zombiefied" to think about it before we left) , all sweets and all carbs..when we did stop it was in malls and the only available food was food court food and the salad/fruit options were limited. I did manage to eat a healthy breakfast Sunday morning at the B&B we were staying at and took a couple of fruit for the road the second day. I tracked everything I ate and there was a ton of walking, so much that I'm feeling it in my legs today. If it wasn't for the walking, I definitley would have recorded a very bad weekend but because of it I managed to just slip under calories. I weighed myself this morning and had actually lost .2 so I guess that's an indication also of my walking. I had a lot of fun and we are planning to make it a yearly thing so I will know for next year what to expect, since this was my first time doing this.

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday yes
    Sunday yes

Very insightful, Stephanie. Yes, you will know better for next year and can pack some healthy options. I was going to do the Mini Challenge results yesterday, but I thought I had better wait for you to get back. If anyone can stay under on an out of town shopping trip, it is you. And I was right!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - October Week #4 (Sun the 21st to Sat the 27th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @abowersgirl (7) - 4th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @mikea2g (7) - improved on his Notable Effort to make it to the Winner's Circle!!
    @murdog3t (7) - 3rd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @bizgirl26 (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @mickey10111 (4) - didn't even attempt last week!!

Attempted:
    @Nicoletime4me (3)
    @kidkees (2)
    @ENRiyard (1)
    @jkdooley (1)

We added one new Winner to the Winner's Circle this week. @abowersgirl, @murdog3t and @bizgirl26 were joined at the top by @mikea2g. Congratulations to all four for a fantastic week!! Of note, Stephanie, Tami and Mike were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!!! Well done!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Wow thanks @HASWLRS that was really nice of you to wait for me😄😄 I was going to submit last night but we got home really late, traffic coming back was awful. I was impressed with myself too. I didn't think I was going to make it but I did 😄 thinking back, I decided a couple of times this weekend to go for extra walks and those really saved me
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Monday mini challenge.
    Y to logging, calories and exercise . Weight lifting and yoga 90 minutes
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    October 29
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 20 min brisk walk)