TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Wish I had a better weigh in. :( I got sick and took Nyqil the last few days- I didn’t know it had so much sugar in it. I do keto and it totally threw me out of ketosis and I gained back a ton of water weight. I know the water weight will fall off this week. But damn. Looks like November is going to be a whole30 type of month! Such a set back.

Username of shame! Mg07030
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    PW: 137.8
    CW:142! 😢

I could cry.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Mary, don't worry---it is water weight--- just start guzzling as much hot tea as you can... Yogi makes a detox tea that I just bought---and I swear it really flushes me out.

Hoping you feel better asap!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily stats: Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 35 min. stair climber & 65 min. arc trainer/HIIT
    Water: 130+ oz.

On to November's challenge!! Don't look back--- just think where the next month will bring you!! :)<3 Thank you to all for your support this month---hope to see you in the next month thread!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 I would like to thank you for your suggestion, maybe last month I think, about cashew milk. Pretty sure it was you, I think during the coffee discussion. That was the missing link for my quest cookies. I love almonds but hate almond milk. Cashew milk though.....amazing.
  • AB0215
    Options

So I pulled into the DQ drive thru and got me a small cone for the ride home.
    Windows down in the truck, stereo blasting, hat backwards and driving home in a sweat stained t shirt eating an ice cream cone after a great workout. It doesn't get any better than that.
    @jcgator2016 Going to have to add ice cream to the list of things to go crazy with after my meet in 2 weeks. Haven't had ice cream in well over a year at this point. I'm already going to eat candy corn and a reeses, and fried chicken, going to have to eat ice cream too. I really hope these things taste as good as I remember.
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Username: AB0215
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 168.5 lbs
    Current Weight: 167.9 lbs

Comments: Well guys I can say that I did it. My goal was 76 kg or 167.55 lbs. Today I hit 76.2 kg and my trainer wants me to stop intentionally losing and maintain for the next 2 weeks. If I hit 75 kg, that's fine, but she wants me to eat and feel strong for the next 2 weeks and I think that's a great idea. I'd love to go into this meet feeling strong. She said not to worry about the last tiny bit, we can manipulate water if we need to (not really want I want to do) but I guess I can end October on a high note at this point. Super excited. When I started training for this meet I was at 85 kg, or the 87 weight class and that's what I didn't want, so I set out to make the 81, which I did in a few short weeks. So then I set my sights on the 76, which is really where I wanted to be when I started competing, but didn't think it was possible. So here it is, proof, if you work hard enough, you can get there!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    ^^^ such awesome news! So happy for you Ashley---you have been really killing those training sessions!! Congrats!!
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    ^^^ such awesome news! So happy for you Ashley---you have been really killing those training sessions!! Congrats!!

@SLIMn2016 Thanks. I've been recording them and I've been thinking about sharing some of the videos, but I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in it.
    Also, about 3 months ago, I bought my singlett (not thrilled about having to wear that) and I bought it a size small at the time, and I'm so glad I did that, it fits perfect now.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

So I pulled into the DQ drive thru and got me a small cone for the ride home.
    Windows down in the truck, stereo blasting, hat backwards and driving home in a sweat stained t shirt eating an ice cream cone after a great workout. It doesn't get any better than that.
    @jcgator2016 Going to have to add ice cream to the list of things to go crazy with after my meet in 2 weeks. Haven't had ice cream in well over a year at this point. I'm already going to eat candy corn and a reeses, and fried chicken, going to have to eat ice cream too. I really hope these things taste as good as I remember.

@AB0215 I say yes to all except candy corn. How can you eat those things? My first ice cream since June. Love DQ ice cream. Ate the ice cream and gave the cone to my chunky Lab.
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Username: AB0215
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Previous Week's Weight: 168.5 lbs
    Current Weight: 167.9 lbs

Comments: Well guys I can say that I did it. My goal was 76 kg or 167.55 lbs. Today I hit 76.2 kg and my trainer wants me to stop intentionally losing and maintain for the next 2 weeks. If I hit 75 kg, that's fine, but she wants me to eat and feel strong for the next 2 weeks and I think that's a great idea. I'd love to go into this meet feeling strong. She said not to worry about the last tiny bit, we can manipulate water if we need to (not really want I want to do) but I guess I can end October on a high note at this point. Super excited. When I started training for this meet I was at 85 kg, or the 87 weight class and that's what I didn't want, so I set out to make the 81, which I did in a few short weeks. So then I set my sights on the 76, which is really where I wanted to be when I started competing, but didn't think it was possible. So here it is, proof, if you work hard enough, you can get there!!

@AB0215 really proud of you! All that hard work and effort. Let me know when you need that pep talk. I used to coach football, I can get you pumped! :)
  • jcgator2016
    Options
    Daily Post Sat 3 Nov

Tracking: Yup
    Calories: Over by 20 Cals :#
    Exercise: Walk the dog 30 mins

• cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Saturday, November 3

Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: water aerobics, 45 minutes

Glad to back on track today! No eating out!

@SLIMn2016 I will Be here in November too! Thanks for your support and everybody else’s too! This will be very helpful for managing the eating holidays ahead! 🤞👏🏼👍🏼
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Whoo hoo! Terrific for you! You definitely deserve it! You are a formidable competitor and I have been so impressed and inspired by your dedication and work ethic as well as you undying support for all of us! Go get them at the competition! You’ve got this! 👍🏼👏🏼💪🏽💕
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona 11/3
    Tracking yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise no
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    Username: Zumbaforever
    CW: 146.8
    PW: 147.4

I have to take November off.

Shelley
  • AB0215
    Options

@AB0215 really proud of you! All that hard work and effort. Let me know when you need that pep talk. I used to coach football, I can get you pumped! :)

@jcgator2016 I will let you know. I imagine it's coming, next week is the hardest week yet on my training and I'm guessing by Wednesday I'm going to be staring at the barbell like nope, just nope lol. I'll be training in the 90-95% range and that's 5 kg over my max so it's really training consistently at my current max which is extremely difficult to do every day.
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Wish I had a better weigh in. :( I got sick and took Nyqil the last few days- I didn’t know it had so much sugar in it. I do keto and it totally threw me out of ketosis and I gained back a ton of water weight. I know the water weight will fall off this week. But damn. Looks like November is going to be a whole30 type of month! Such a set back.

Username of shame! Mg07030
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    PW: 137.8
    CW:142! 😢

I could cry.

@mg07030 Yeah NyQuil has sugar. Also a lot of regular cough drops do too, fyi. I always get sugar free cough drops. I tend to do the pills instead of the liquid sleep aids, they don't kick me out of ketosis. You can always check nutrition information too before taking things, but I'm super careful with those things now. It's really crazy how so many things which are supposed to help you, contain so much sugar!

After a while of keto and no sugar, like 6 months or so, I tend to not get sick much anymore (knock on wood), with the exception of strep, I seem to get that a lot. But I never feel sick and only end up taking antibiotics, which are ok. Keto tends to help boost your immune system after a while since most viruses and such feed on sugar, and when you don't have that, they pretty much starve in your body...just another reason why I love my "diet"

I wouldn't worry too much about that gain, once you're back in ketosis, that water weight is the first thing to go!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    @AB0215 Whoo hoo! Terrific for you! You definitely deserve it! You are a formidable competitor and I have been so impressed and inspired by your dedication and work ethic as well as you undying support for all of us! Go get them at the competition! You’ve got this! 👍🏼👏🏼💪🏽💕

@cmteach4 Thank you, that means a lot. This week I don't really feel like I've got this, training has been hard and I've been struggling with it. One of my favorite sayings is "strength from struggle" and this struggle right now will only help me gain the strength I need to get there so, I press on. I WILL do this.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:yes, 90 mins weight training.
  • melbe159
    melbe159 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily post sat

Track no