TEAM: Gutbusters (October)

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Welcome everyone!

Today begins the first day of posting the October Week 1 weigh-ins. I'll do my best to leave a message here sometime during the day to tag the people who should post weigh-ins. So, for today:

Happy Weigh-In day for:

@Wishfulthinning18 - Welcome back!
    @janetschaferbeck - Welcome!!

For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:
    • When do I post my weigh-in?
      Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month.
    • Why is Week 1 beginning today? Haven't we been doing this for a week already?
      Think of it like a first birthday. You're born, then you have to live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    • How do I post my weigh-in?
      Your posts should look like this:
      Username:
      Week: September Week 1
      PW: Previous Weight in lbs
      CW: Current Weight in lbs
    • What's my previous weight?
      If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    • I'm still confused. Who can help me?
      Just ask a question here and tag me, or PM me and I'll do my best to get back as soon as possible.

• LesIckaBod
    Some thoughts:

Relying only on the scale to determine if you're making progress can be frustrating. From the folks who've been in this group a long time and succeeded, I've learned that consistent focus on the weight loss process results in weight loss over time, even if the scale talks back from time to time (mine is especially saucy; "step off" Aria says -- "thinking" she says, and then she blinks and throws a number at me).

Question of the Week
    • What are your weight-loss process goals for the month?

I'll be back later with my own goals, but I can't wait to see what you all have to say!
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Hi everyone!!

I have had some off days these past few days, but am not letting that continue! With that being said, I'm not expecting much of a loss this week. It's the overall battle that I will win tho!
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Hey all!
    Calories: yes
    tracked: yes
    Exercise: yes 60 mins out in the garden wrestling with a pallet that I want to change into a raised veggie bed! :D

Muscles were still very sore from my run and gardening yesterday!
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    WishfulThinning18
    Weigh in week 1
    Weigh day Sunday
    Pw 299.8
    Cw 298.8

Well... wasn’t a gain but not what I was hoping for... the 18 pieces of snack sized candy last night didn’t help 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • 90kgToNewMe
    90kgToNewMe Posts: 52 Member
    90kgtoNewMe
    Weigh in week 1
    Weigh day Monday
    Pw 163.1
    Cw 161.4

(It's Monday in Australia)
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited October 2018
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    September 30
    Exercised: just house cleaning
    Calories: No, ate at maintenance today
    Tracked: Yes
    My sister-in-law was laid to rest today. I couldn't travel for the funeral so mourned her on my own at home. Snowy day was appropriate I guess.
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    September 30
    Exercised. No
    Calories. No
    Tracked. Yes
    Bendiz_ wrote: »
    Sep 30th
    Exercised: No
    Calories under: Yes, under by 300.
  • CDiddyGetsFitty
    CDiddyGetsFitty Posts: 35 Member
    Hi, I'm Chris. I've been married 23 years and am a father of 4 children, ages 19 to 12. I've lost a lot of weight on MFP before and kept it off about 3 years. Spent almost 2 years on night shift after that and gained much of it back. Now I'm back on days and taking charge again. I'm glad to belong to an accountability group that helps with this.

September 30
    Exercised: Yes, 30 min. run with Zombies, Run! app
    Calories: Yes

• LesIckaBod
    Sept 30
    Exercise: No
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Not yet

Yikes, I'm a terrible role model! Let's see, can I make this appear any better?

I spent about 4 hours at a street fair today and was on my feet nearly the whole time, so I suppose I could call the strolling an activity, but it wasn't my regularly scheduled workout. Got home too late for that, unfortunately.

For food, I know what I ate because I packed food for the street fair. You know me and my hard boiled eggs! It was a fair that was more about seeing local organizations and vendors and doing fun things with the kids rather than eating, so it's not like I had to overcome a lot of temptation. Just didn't get a chance to write down the food as I went.

Dinner threw me over for calories for the day, but it was long awaited for ice cream sundae. I have some regrets that Aria's going to give me the stink eye in the morning when I weigh in, and probably ask me to step off again, but I'll be able to get back on track with eating and exercise tomorrow.

Anyway, my goal for this month is to recommit to tracking. I've gotten better about using my food scale as part of the tracking process, but I'm getting a little too relaxed about actually writing down the food, I think. So, that's my process-related goal.
  • Mariamamjad
    Mariamamjad Posts: 83 Member
    Username: mariamamjad
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 185.6
    Current weight: 181.6
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Sorry for late submission team, seems I didn't post on Saturday when I thought I had!

Username: emmclean
    Weigh in week: Week 4 (Sept, Oct start weight)
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 184.6
    Todays Weight: 185.2
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    September 30
    Exercised?: Yes (Airport transfers - international airports are big - and deliberate extra walking while in transit)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

LONG day (2:00am taxi to airport - 24+ hours travel halfway across the globe - 8 hours timezone change, so 32 hour day).

Did extra walking at intermediate airport too (because I had been in an economy seat for over 14 hours on the first leg). Managed to get a little sleep.

Tracked everything eaten in flight (which is a challenge). When I fly, I preference a gluten free meal.

Too tired to post in Madrid, so posting next morning.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 30 is side lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    October 1
    Exercise. Yes. 35 minutes treadmill
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • CDiddyGetsFitty
    CDiddyGetsFitty Posts: 35 Member
    Progress is progress. I wanted to lose more, but I only registered a couple days ago, so it's only been 2 days. :)

Username: CDiddyGetsFitty
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: Registered at 237
    Todays Weight: 234.6

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod
    October Week 1 Weigh-In
    PW: 168
    CW: 168.8

I do hate seeing the blips up, but this was predictable based on eating dinner so late last night. My weekly average last week was only down 0.6lbs from the prior weekly average, so I think Ms. Aria (my fitbit scale) is sending me the message that I need to refocus on tracking.

Process goal for the month: track all my meals! (Now off I go to input today's breakfast and numerous coffees - need to continue adding "get to sleep earlier" to my process goals, too!)
This discussion has been closed.