Replies

• cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: October Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 170.4
    Current Weight: 169.6

I don't know how this happened but I will take it, so excited to finally see the 160's! Still feeling like crap so no workouts for me this week, fingers crossed I can get back there next week.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    cjscoey wrote: »

I don't know how this happened but I will take it, so excited to finally see the 160's! Still feeling like crap so no workouts for me this week, fingers crossed I can get back there next week.

Congratulations!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 6
    Exercise Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    No standing desk but I'm a machinist so I stand all day anyways. I'm assuming that's why my legs are always so sore. I thought dropping the weight would fix it but it hasn't. It had however pretty much taken care of my knees which use to hurt.
    Thinking about taking up some yoga a few nights a week to help stretch. Anyone here do yoga? Results? Looking to get more flexible and hopefully lesson the muscle soreness with yoga. Specially my legs.

@grebber1 Glad to hear your knees are better! Your leg soreness will probably continue to improve as you lose weight. I had terrible trouble with plantar fasciitis and I feel like only in the last few weeks have I noticed that it's improved. I thought it would happen quickly after losing 40 pounds, but it's taken longer than I thought to recover.

Not sure about yoga, but you might find some flexibility and mobility / rehab videos that would be helpful for your legs. I use hasfit.com they have some videos under "rehabilitation" that might work for you. I've periodically tried yoga (used to do p90x with my husband), and didn't like it, but lately I've been thinking tai chi looks like it could be good for me. Has anyone here done tai chi? I always thought it looked too silly, but then I started realizing how much effort it must take to keep the arms and legs lifted and moving slowly as they do, and it also seemed kind of relaxing and meditative, and thought maybe my life could use that!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 144.1 pounds
    Today's Weight: 144.4 pounds

UP 0.3 POUNDS

I THINK I WEIGHED 144.4 POUNDS BUT NOT 100% SURE
    AS I WEIGHED IN BEFORE GOING FOR A WALK AT A CONSERVATION AREA WITH MY DAD
    AND APPARENTLY I DIDN'T WRITE MY WEIGHT DOWN
    AND WITH ALL THAT TRANSPIRED AFTER THAT WITH MY DAD'S HEALTH AND 7 AND A HALF HOURS IN THE ER
    MY BRAIN IS A LITTLE FUZZY.

NOT CONCERNED ABOUT BEING UP SO LITTLE.

Be well, @inshapeCK! I hope that your dad is doing bettter. I can't imagine the shock and worry you must have felt when whatever happened happened! Here's wishing peace and health your way and your dad's way
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Previous Weight: 245.3
    Current Weight: 243.6

I had a very stressful week and did eat more than I should have, I think this weight loss comes from last week's efforts that didn't reflect on the scale at last week's weigh in as opposed to anything I did this week. I am proud of myself though for not binging as that is something that I struggle with especially during times of stress.

@KillaLindzilla Yes, be proud of yourself for not bingeing! I'm glad the scale moved down a bit for you to reward your progress. It's so hard to keep your eye on the prize at those moments when eating feels like a quick reward, but you did it, and you are right to feel proud of that!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Username: doingitforcckandi
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 291.6lbs
    Today’s weight: 289.6

Glad to see the scale move but a bit surprised as I had two social events on the weekend that led to lots of eating and drinking. Was really disciplined from Sunday to Friday to end at a weekly loss. The plan for next week is to be at a steady maintanence each week and start introducing excersize

@doingitforcckandi Nice loss for the week! When you said your plan for next week is to be at steady maintenance, do you mean just over the weekend, or the whole week?

Definitely introduce exercise as you're able. Not because it's essential for weight loss - calorie deficit will get you there -- but because at a certain point, you'll start to feel so good from moving!!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    cjscoey wrote: »

@cjscoey Yay!! There's nothing like seeing a new lower tens digit (unless it's a new lower hundreds digit)! Way to go on your progress! Take care of yourself, and be well!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    fe452436 wrote: »
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weight last week:197 lbs
    Weight this week:195 lbs

@fe452436 Way to go for the week!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Saturday Weigh-In for:
    @emmclean
    @ShareASmile

Thanks to all of you Friday weighers who logged in and posted your weights without any reminders! I appreciate it!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    So since I've started, I have lost quite a few pounds. I take pictures once a month and I slowly see the difference. Especially lately. But I feel 100% better on the inside. I feel way better than I look. I have been big all my life so I have no idea what it will be like to be thin, built, or even a normal weight. It seems that it's going to take quite a while before I actually look as fit as I feel. Does that make any sense?
    I don't mean this to sound like a Debbie Downer post. I'm quite happy with my progress in the short amount of time. It hasn't been too much of a struggle to maintain what I'm doing as eating a lot of veggies has filled me up quite a bit while keeping my calories pretty darn low for the most part. Also I have made an effort to eat slower and have smaller portions on my plate. When it's gone I take a break and if I'm still hungry I'll get more but most of the time just by eating slower and not having so much food in front of me I'm pretty full and satisfied with a smaller normal amount. This is pretty basic stuff that anyone can do and lose weight if your truthful about it. I have been riding my stationary bike that I talked about getting a couple months ago pretty religiously. It's a lot of fun and my cardio has greatly improved. I have been noticing when I sit in chairs or things like that how much smaller I am starting to feel. Heck, my zero turn lawn mower has been going a lot faster now that it's not hauling so much weight around. I noticed this yesterday when I mowed how much faster it was. I got a good laugh out of that.
    Let's see here, so what else is there. Well I have a four wheeling trip coming up the 19th through the 22nd of this month so that'll be a good test for me eating wise since I'll be away from home. I have a jersey I want to wear that I finally can fit into. Well two of them I fit in and the third is tight in the belly which is odd because they're all same sizes which run small in jerseys apparently. Hopefully I can lose enough weight to wear the third on the trip. if not that's okay, it'll be cool when that tight Jersey becomes too big.
    Well I guess that's it for now.

Eat yo veggies!

@Grebber1 I didn't see this as a Debbie Downer post at all - it sounded really positive to me! Feeling those positive changes on the inside is what really matters. It sounds like you've got some great strategies right now that are working for you, and I have no doubts that if you keep them up, you'll be looking at the mirror and feeling like the outside is matching the inside.

Way to go!!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    I started work for the first time in three years. It was hard coming home to a very tired and hungry toddler last night so I ate a lot at home. I'm working one day a week, it's harder than I thought transitioning to being a working mum .

@12Sarah2015 I feel for you - it's not easy to make that transition for all kinds of reasons. Good luck, mama!
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Username: ShareASmile
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weight last week:159 lbs
    Weight this week:159 lbs

Same weight for the third week in a row. Healed broken foot turns out to not be healed after all. Now having nerve issues so the road back to exercising may be a little longer. I guess I'm happy to have at least maintained this week.....
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    No standing desk but I'm a machinist so I stand all day anyways. I'm assuming that's why my legs are always so sore. I thought dropping the weight would fix it but it hasn't. It had however pretty much taken care of my knees which use to hurt.
    Thinking about taking up some yoga a few nights a week to help stretch. Anyone here do yoga? Results? Looking to get more flexible and hopefully lesson the muscle soreness with yoga. Specially my legs.

@grebber1 if you are interested in trying yoga at home vs going to a studio, I highly recommend "Yoga with Adriene" on YouTube. She has lots of options. I use yoga to keep my hip flexors open before I run and then I also do yoga stretches after to manage any soreness.I would also recommend getting a foam roller, which will really help with the soreness in your legs.
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oct 5
    Exercise no
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

I planned a walk but couldn’t quite make it. Today is better, I have more me time planned.
  • Lilmamawoz
    Lilmamawoz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oct 5
    Exercise yes [ all day house cleaning 10000 steps]
    Calories yes tracked yes
  • Lilmamawoz
    Lilmamawoz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% sure how I will finish this challenge. I had to go to the ER this morning about my neck and severe pain and I'm concerned it feels the same right before I had surgery last last time. I'm pretty incapacitated at this time. I felt really good yesterday and did a lot of things around the house but I must have ever done it. My husband and I tried to go for a walk last night and I couldn't even make it up the hill. Woke up at 4:30 this morning to go to the bathroom and just about hit the floor and pain my husband told me right to the ER. I'm so disgusted.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 5
    Exercised?: Yes (4.5km to office - 40 mins / 4.5km to hotel - 40 mins)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Another long day at the office. Again, to office before dawn, back to hotel after dusk. Hooray for weekends.

October 6
    Exercised?: Yes (20km morning / 10km evening - yes 30km)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Visited the Las Ventas (tour), Parque del Ritrio, passed the Real Jardin Botanico, via San Miguel (back for dinner round 10:00pm), Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol.

Plan to visit the Royal palace tomorrow, Real Jardin Botanico, Mueso del Prado and maybe a bull fight at Las Ventas in the evening (as it is a part of Spanish culture). Try make the most of Madrid while I am here.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for October 06 is dips ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,940 Member
    Options
    Lilmamawoz wrote: »
    I am not 100% sure how I will finish this challenge. I had to go to the ER this morning about my neck and severe pain and I'm concerned it feels the same right before I had surgery last last time. I'm pretty incapacitated at this time. I felt really good yesterday and did a lot of things around the house but I must have ever done it. My husband and I tried to go for a walk last night and I couldn't even make it up the hill. Woke up at 4:30 this morning to go to the bathroom and just about hit the floor and pain my husband told me right to the ER. I'm so disgusted.

@Lilmamawoz

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through! That sounds terrible to have to deal with. So debilitating. I hope things improve for you soon.
This discussion has been closed.