TEAM: Gutbusters (October)

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    @LeslckaBod "Had a funny thought yesterday about "losing weight." Again, we all know it's not really "lost" -- it doesn't go hang out someplace else."
    58xx66jn0g7h.jpg

Yep, no intention of finding that weight again, thank you!

Also -- and completely unrelated -- I'm trying out life with a "standing desk" that I've pieced together with end tables on top of my regular table. Thoughts on Day 4 of this experiment:
    • my lower back pain is decreasing a bit from excessive commuting and sitting over the previous week
    • I enjoy pacing and walking away from my work, which is a new form of procrastination
    • I enjoy kind of marching in place a bit to stretch my quads especially
    • Sometimes, I work using a "Captain Morgan" pose with one foot up on a chair, also good for stretching (and saying, "Avast mateys!")
    • I need to find a way to focus more on work!

Anyone else using a standing desk out there?
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    No standing desk but I'm a machinist so I stand all day anyways. I'm assuming that's why my legs are always so sore. I thought dropping the weight would fix it but it hasn't. It had however pretty much taken care of my knees which use to hurt.
    Thinking about taking up some yoga a few nights a week to help stretch. Anyone here do yoga? Results? Looking to get more flexible and hopefully lesson the muscle soreness with yoga. Specially my legs.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Just want to share my latest trick for eating out: when doing fast food, check out the kid's menu!

Both Chik-fil-a and Panera have some great options that are a good calorie amount for an adult woman (which should make us a bit concerned about what that means for kids). They have several options close to or higher than 20 grams of protein! I feel like I get to have my cake and eat it too (minus the cake, of course).
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,939 Member
    edited October 2018
    No time to read anything.
    Just posting to say my dad had a serious health episode when we were together yesterday which scared me to death and we spent 7 and a half hours in the ER.
    He was discharged but needs to go for tests (1 of which is tomorrow) and has to take it easy.
    I have been staying with him to make sure he takes it easy and for my own peace of mind.
    Will post my weigh in when I have more time.
  • Lilmamawoz
    Lilmamawoz Posts: 33 Member
    So scary! Hope all is well!
  • Lilmamawoz
    Excercise no--neck too painful
    Tracked --yes everything
    Calories slightly over
  • Lilmamawoz
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    No time to read anything.
    Just posting to say my dad had a serious health episode when we were together yesterday which scared me to death and we spent 7 and a half hours in the ER.
    He was discharged but needs to go for tests (1 of which is tomorrow) and has to take it easy.
    I have been staying with him to make sure he takes it easy and for my own peace of mind.
    Will post my weigh in when I have more time.

So scary! Hope all is well!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    October 4
    Exercise: no
    Calories: over a bit
    Tracked: yes
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,939 Member
    edited October 2018
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in week: October Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 144.1 pounds
    Today's Weight: 144.4 pounds

UP 0.3 POUNDS

I THINK I WEIGHED 144.4 POUNDS BUT NOT 100% SURE
    AS I WEIGHED IN BEFORE GOING FOR A WALK AT A CONSERVATION AREA WITH MY DAD
    AND APPARENTLY I DIDN'T WRITE MY WEIGHT DOWN
    AND WITH ALL THAT TRANSPIRED AFTER THAT WITH MY DAD'S HEALTH AND 7 AND A HALF HOURS IN THE ER
    MY BRAIN IS A LITTLE FUZZY.

NOT CONCERNED ABOUT BEING UP SO LITTLE.
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Oct. 4
    Exercise oh my goodness yes. Hosted my book club tonight and talked my hubby into a quick 20 min walk after everyone left. His long 6’2” legs kept us at a very brisk pace for 30 min. I am exhausted.
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

I am actually pretty proud of myself. Normally this type of event is a great excuse to go off plan but tonight I planned exactly what to eat and drink and entered it before the first bite. I feel great!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    October 4
    Exercised?: Yes (4.5km to office - 40 mins / 4.5km to hotel - 40 mins)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Another long day at the office. Again, to office before dawn, back to hotel after dusk.

Seems like a broken record as days blend into one another. Looking forward to the weekend to break the cycle.

Any suggestions as to what to do with a spare weekend in Madrid?

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for October 04 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Oct wk1/sept week 4?
    PW 149
    CW 150
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    October 5
    Exercised. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • Mariamamjad
    Mariamamjad Posts: 83 Member
    Iv been a bit on and off this week, exercise badly winded me 🙈 and to top it off mother nature has hit me with a vengence (sorry gents) since having my baby so I'm full on expecting a gain on Monday, BUT I am gonna try my hardest
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 146.8 pounds
    Today's weight: 147.5 pounds

The scale has been all over the place this week. A high of 149.1 and today's low of 147.5. I know, normal fluctuations. I'm obviously eating at maintenance so I need to step up my game.
  • KillaLindzilla
    KillaLindzilla Posts: 34 Member
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 245.3
    Current Weight: 243.6

I had a very stressful week and did eat more than I should have, I think this weight loss comes from last week's efforts that didn't reflect on the scale at last week's weigh in as opposed to anything I did this week. I am proud of myself though for not binging as that is something that I struggle with especially during times of stress.
  • Username: doingitforcckandi
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 291.6lbs
    Today’s weight: 289.6

Glad to see the scale move but a bit surprised as I had two social events on the weekend that led to lots of eating and drinking. Was really disciplined from Sunday to Friday to end at a weekly loss. The plan for next week is to be at a steady maintanence each week and start introducing excersize
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I started work for the first time in three years. It was hard coming home to a very tired and hungry toddler last night so I ate a lot at home. I'm working one day a week, it's harder than I thought transitioning to being a working mum .
This discussion has been closed.