TEAM: Gutbusters (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• bubblemum2
    bubblemum2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all good luck everyone first challenge and just trying to get of my last bit of weight
  • DJDommy
    DJDommy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm excited to participate in this challenge! I have always been a fit individual, but my downfall is food and lately sugar. Time to jump off that bandwagon and I hope this helps.
  • bubblemum2
    Options
    Good luck everyone I’m glad I’m in gut busters as I for sure have a huge gut that needs busting lol
  • DJDommy
    Options
    How do I add people as friends on here so I can see posts and comments etc?
  • hooversgurl
    hooversgurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been working on myself inside and out for 6 weeks now. Change is tough, especially at the 8 to 12 week period so you guys are just in time with this challenge. Let’s go!
  • bubblemum2
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Hello, new and returning Gutbusters!

I'm Les, 39, a mom of 2, a wife of 1, and currently wearing the Gutbuster captain's hat. What's a captain? Well, I'll remind you to post your weekly weigh-ins, and I'll do my best to drum up some conversation and enthusiasm, but make no mistake -- I'm still in the trenches with you, working on losing weight, getting more fit, feeding my good habits, and trying to replace the bad ones.

I joined this group in May. I was 212.2 at my Gutbuster starting weight on April 23 (that was already down about 3 from where I started). Here's my progress at the end of each round of Gutbusters:
    1. May Week 4 - 203.2
    2. June Week 5 - 191.8
    3. July Week 4 - 183.5
    4. August Week 5 - 174.5
    5. September Week 4 - 168
    6. October Week 5 - 165.5

October, man.... Well, let's just say I'm happy to welcome November -- and all of you! Come in and stay a while! :smile:
    Your losses have been fab! I look forward to November too and staying focused !
  • bubblemum2
    Options
    I have been working on myself inside and out for 6 weeks now. Change is tough, especially at the 8 to 12 week period so you guys are just in time with this challenge. Let’s go!

Goodluck !
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    You’re a great inspiration Les!
  • vickiontheriver
    vickiontheriver Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can’t wait to get this started. Looking forward to the motivation
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    November 1
    Exercised. No. Not really just a 10 min walk and a little housework
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • vickiontheriver
    vickiontheriver Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hapy November!
    Ready to make changes!
    Let's get motivated.
    GO TEAM
  • DJDommy
    Options
    What is everyone's calorie and exercise goals for November? I'm currently at 1,380 for calories. My exercise goals are gym 5 days a week with a combination of cardio and weightlifting
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy November, everyone! Right now, it's a little quiet here because all the returning Gutbusters are still finishing up the October challenge.

On Sunday, we'll begin posting the weigh-ins for November. This week is a little like being a newborn: you get started with Gutbusters and have this whole week to work on your weight loss goals, and then beginning this coming Sunday, you'll start posting your Week 1 weigh ins (just like it takes a whole year of living before you get to celebrate your first birthday).

In the meantime, I encourage you to post daily, even if it's just to report a "mini-accountability challenge", like this:

Date
    Exercise?: (did you get 20+ minutes of activity, whatever "activity" means for you?)
    Calories?: (did you stay within your calorie target?)
    Tracked?: (did you track your calories?)

The most important person to be honest with is yourself. (Ugh, wait to see what I have to post next....)
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    October 31
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No
    Tracked: No

Had an emotionally difficult phone call yesterday. It didn't cause me to overeat -- Halloween did that -- but man, yesterday was a big bummer for a number of different reasons.

I did get in a good workout yesterday. I've really made a lot of progress on push-ups and can almost do a "real push-up" entirely -- I'm maybe about 30 degrees from getting my elbows to a right angle. Also, I did jump squats with 10 lb dumbbells, so I'm feeling sore but strong.
This discussion has been closed.