TEAM: Gutbusters (November)

Options

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    bubblemum2 wrote: »
    It’s frustrating because I’m not losing any new weight I bounce up and down from151-155lbs and I did that with 160-165 for months n only just broke it but I’m not doing anything different so I don’t know why it does this :(

A couple of things tend to keep you in the same weight band.

1) Not being in calorie deficit. Have you re-calculated your TDEE off your tracking?

2) Having a routine that does not vary. The body gets used to routine, so occasionally you need to do something different. This may actually be eat MORE calories for a day or two, then have a day or two in greater calorie deficit. Another way is to experiment with macros (change ratios of protein, fats and carbohydrate). Find what works for you and your lifestyle.

3) Stress or lack of sleep. If in calorie deficit, but still maintaining weight, try get more sleep or more de-stress time. Sometimes the greater stress makes the body hang on to what it has or temporarily re-regulate metabolism to not burn as much while stationary.

Hopefully some of these tips help.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    Today, I did something that scares me. I did new strength exercises at the gym. I used new machines and headed into the "serious lifter" (mostly male) zone of my gym. ... but it was such a good place to be! If I'm not uncomfortable, then I'm not growing.

@eevang. Well done. It is so true that to grow we must move out of our comfort zones.

Hope the 6 week plan works well for you.

A little extra strength is usually a benefit. Even just to do daily tasks.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    I give myself an A- for exercise, a B- for food choices, and a C for mindset. I'm having some serious trouble with getting into the weight loss mental game. My brain is willing to force the rest of me to do enough to maintain my loss, but it's not been forcing the rest of me to do what's needed to continue losing.

My self needs to have a serious talk with my self!

A small victory: today I did 2 sets of 8 reps of 5 lb tricep kickbacks in a standard plank position )two sets for both arms). Small weights, but my triceps were not very strong to begin with. I was able to feel strong while holding that plank position on one arm and doing the kickbacks with the other.

One foul-up today with food choices, but that need not mean the rest of the day is wasted. To those of you with lots of Monday remaining, here's to staying on track!
    @LesIckaBod. You have been doing so well for so long. It's easy to get "process" fatigue.

Hopefully the habits you have set up over the previous months help carry you through.

However, even a "bad" day would feel much better than a "good" day ever used to. Remember where you were when you started and compare as to where you are now. You are SO MUCH better off now that 3 or 4 months ago.

Often we spend so much time looking forward we forget to look back and see where we came from. Appreciate where you are now, enjoy it for a bit. Then make a push for your next goal.

Most of all. Remember why you started in the first place. This is usually the driver to keep you moving forward.

Great work on the planks.

• craigo3154
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    I got to get my head back into the game today. Not sure what happened but Sunday and today I feel depressed. Looking in the mirror I look awful. I should be over the moon with the weight I've lost but all I see is the damage I've caused myself. I'll be OK. Sometimes I get like this for one reason or another. It's like damn, you been working so hard but as far as looks, you still have a long way to go. Just sucks

1) You have ceased doing any more damage.
    2) You are actively trying to repair long term damage (and this takes time).
    3) You have been doing amazing (and do not let anyone tell you otherwise).

Depression is usually errors in thinking (cognitive distortions). Thoughts are slippery characters and can be very misleading.

One technique to help deal with depressive thinking errors is to write down you automatic thoughts that are making you feel down. Once written down, they can be evaluated for distortions. Try think of a rational response to them and write that down. eg. if the thought is "I'm a no-good, fat, lazy, slob" the rational response would be "No good, lazy and slob are generalised labelling. Fat is temporary condition and I am working to change that. I do good at times, so I cannot be no-good. I do things to lose weight (even though they are at time uncomfortable), so I cannot be labelled lazy. I am taking care of myself and I can be presentable at times so I am not a slob."

You have been doing great. I believe you can still do even more great things.

Lastly. Motion creates emotion. Even when you don't feel like doing things, start with 5 minutes of the activity you know you should do. Commit to stop after 5 minutes unless you feel you WANT to continue. A lot of times you will stop, but occasionally it will spark the bit of emotion to keep going. Anyway, even if you do stop, 5 minutes is better than 0.
  • auntdeb37
    auntdeb37 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    November 6
    Exercised: Yes, at the gym.
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • bubblemum2
    bubblemum2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    It’s frustrating because I’m not losing any new weight I bounce up and down from151-155lbs and I did that with 160-165 for months n only just broke it but I’m not doing anything different so I don’t know why it does this :(

A couple of things tend to keep you in the same weight band.

1) Not being in calorie deficit. Have you re-calculated your TDEE off your tracking?

2) Having a routine that does not vary. The body gets used to routine, so occasionally you need to do something different. This may actually be eat MORE calories for a day or two, then have a day or two in greater calorie deficit. Another way is to experiment with macros (change ratios of protein, fats and carbohydrate). Find what works for you and your lifestyle.

3) Stress or lack of sleep. If in calorie deficit, but still maintaining weight, try get more sleep or more de-stress time. Sometimes the greater stress makes the body hang on to what it has or temporarily re-regulate metabolism to not burn as much while stationary.

Hopefully some of these tips help.

Thank you so much !! Incredibly helpful ! I sleep maybe 4 hours a night :( I manage to sleep for a couple of weeks then back to square one! Il really focus on this ! Thanks again
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    12sarah2015
    Cw:137.3 (still trying to find my pw, maybe I forgot to check in last week?)
  • dalerichardson2011
    Options
    Exercise: yes - 30mins spin at lunch then 5aside footie at night
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

Enjoying this tracking and reporting on here, seems to have had a positive effect on keeping the commitment going
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Week 1: 152lbs

Thanks, @bubblemum2 . It can get tricky here to keep track of weigh-ins, so it helps if you use a standard format. For next time, please use this format:

@bubblemum2:
    Week: November Week 2
    PW: 152 lbs
    CW: Current Weight in lbs

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Username: jm216
    Week: November 6th
    Can I change my weigh ins to Tuesday’s?
    PW: 222
    CW: 225.2

I have been off the rails! Lots of family stuff going on, and I’ve been eating everything in sight. I can’t do that anymore... I’m done.
    I’m ready to commit to getting back on track. I can’t control stress and frustration by stuffing myself. It’s time to walk and move... and track again. I can’t control everything around me, I can only control how I react.

Sure, I'll ask to have your weight moved to Tuesdays.

You've got the right attitude about focusing on what you can control, which is how you react.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod. You have been doing so well for so long. It's easy to get "process" fatigue.

Hopefully the habits you have set up over the previous months help carry you through.

However, even a "bad" day would feel much better than a "good" day ever used to. Remember where you were when you started and compare as to where you are now. You are SO MUCH better off now that 3 or 4 months ago.

Often we spend so much time looking forward we forget to look back and see where we came from. Appreciate where you are now, enjoy it for a bit. Then make a push for your next goal.

Most of all. Remember why you started in the first place. This is usually the driver to keep you moving forward.

Great work on the planks.

Yes, "process fatigue" -- that's it! Definitely feeling good about where I am now - just having some trouble with motivating for the next push. I'm close enough to smell my ultimate goal, now to just go get it!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    12sarah2015
    Cw:137.3 (still trying to find my pw, maybe I forgot to check in last week?)

@12Sarah2015 We have you as a Wednesday weigher, with your PW for last week 136.7. Are you still planning to be a WEdnesday weigher?
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Folks, I'm delayed on our October results! We did alright, Gutbusters! Check out the links below for full results.

For WEEK 5 ~ OCTOBER RESULTS

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Grebber1. - 2.32%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 0.36%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:
    Gutbusters
    1st - @Grebber1. - 2.32%
    2nd - @bendiz_. - 1.64%
    3rd - @eevang. - 0.77%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @RedStickdad. - 7.6 lbs.
    2nd - @Grebber1. - 7.6 lbs.
    3rd - @Momma3times. - 4.0 lbs.

GRANDE FINALE ~ OCTOBER'S BIGGEST LOSER

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Flab-U-Less. - 2.11%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 1.42%
    3rd - Gutbusters. - 1.18%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:
    Gutbusters
    1st - @bendiz_. - 6.02%
    2nd - @Grebber1. - 5.93%
    3rd - @michellelagle. - 4.09%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    3rd - @Grebber1. - 20.2 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 57.0 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 44.6 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 50.8 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 51.0 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 106.1 lbs.
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    November 6
    Exercised: Yep! Enjoyed doing presses at the gym today followed by three position power cleans.
    Calories: I stayed under my calorie count and felt full all day!
    Tracked: Yes, I track and weigh all of my food.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    November 6
    Exercised: yes, shoveled snow...winter has arrived with a vengeance.
    Calories: no
    Tracked: yes
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    November 6
    Tracking:Yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise:No
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    We did good last month. Let's keep it going.
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,739 Member
    Options
    November 6
    Tracking:Yes
    Calories:yes