• IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 172.2
    Cw 170
    Track yes
    Calories just under
    Exercise no
    Not happy I lost more weight but gained it all back on my days off. I always do. I need to find something to do cause every time I go out I spend money I don’t have.
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 You have done awesome and sometimes you just have to accept that and not feel guilty of your motivation even if it was to prove someone wrong! Motivation is motivation in whatever shape or form it takes. Be thankful your mom’s words (as unkind as they were) spurred you on to get you where you are now. You are so strong and that is a terrific motivator if you ask me! I don’t know your age exactly, but I am almost 67 next month and wish I had done strength training and taking control of my eating and health at a much earlier age. Now I Am playing catch-up and already have health issues such as rheumatoid arthritis, balance issues and osteopenia and it’s so very important to exercise, eat right and do strength training just to be able to walk and move and live a normal life! So however you do it I hope you find your mojo and continue with this new healthy life style you have now. You are strong, beautiful and healthy! The why can simply be to stay being you! You are more than enough and you are worth it! Thanks for all your motivation, insights and inspiration! Keep it up! Hugs 🤗 !
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes

Did core and light cardio. I don't regret going over since it wasn't by a ton, and I enjoyed a date night with hubby! Will do better tomorrow 😊
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Sort of, went over what I wanted to, but not technically over my "goal"
    Exercise:1 hour walk, 30 mins weight training.

Comments: Setting myself up for success, made my holiday treats today, since I'm fasting until I go to my parents house at, so I'm fasting from 8 pm today until 6-7 pm on Monday. Might ask my mom if she wants me to make rolls for dinner Monday, that will suck if I have to because that dough is sticky and I won't be able to eat it :neutral: I am actually proud of myself, I did eat some while I was cooking, but I made it stay within my goal. And with fasting, should help keep my calories down on Christmas, which is Monday evening for us. And I worked out and then went for a walk so that will help with the extra calories I did eat, mainly that cupcake. I'm really trying to get myself back into it. I am mostly there, just every once in a while I have that moment where I wonder why I'm trying so hard....but I do want to see what it looks like when I don't quit....and after a year and a half of investment into this, I'd really like to finish it.

Side note: These are keto friendly cupcakes and deviled eggs with bacon :smile: I made some cookies too. All keto friendly.
    mmro9nuks8dd.jpg285rny7l1cl5.jpg

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 22nd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, took a long walk this morning (little over 2 miles). Also did some work around the house....my fitbit shows over 8200 steps for the day.

My new stationary bike came in and I love it. The seat is sooooo much more comfortable than the old one. It also has a lot of training programs as well as an app that connects to MFP. I need to start doing more work with the resistance bands too.
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Daily post Dec 22
    Track ,yes
    Under ,no
    Exercise,Yes, 30 minutes cardio, including 12k steps

Today was very difficult. I felt huge cravings to munch. Last night I found out that a close family friend was killed in a car accident with a semi. They died on impact. I didn't sleep well at all. I did go over my calories by eating but it was only by 300 and it was a healthy snack. I did some exercises ASAP to help combat it. I'm not usually an emotional eater but it is only when I experience immense grief that it comes. I am trying to distract myself.
  • AB0215
    Options
    kazunomiya wrote: »
    Daily post Dec 22
    Track ,yes
    Under ,no

Today was very difficult. I felt huge cravings to munch. Last night I found out that a close family friend was killed in a car accident with a semi. They died on impact. I didn't sleep well at all. I did go over my calories by eating but it was only by 300 and it was a healthy snack. I did some exercises ASAP to help combat it. I'm not usually an emotional eater but it is only when I experience immense grief that it comes. I am trying to distract myself.

@kazunomiya I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that's never easy. Take care of yourself.
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes - walked 2 miles
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Options
    Username: beckymomof3girls
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Pw: 249.6
    Cw: 252.2

Comments: combination of new scale and early celebrations and I erased almost all progress I made this month.

Next week do I post on this thread for week 5 or will there be a January one started?
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post Dec 22
    Track ,yes
    Under ,no

@kazunomiya So very sorry for your loss of a dear friend. It’s doubly bad since it was totally unexpected and at this time of year. You and your family are in my prayers and thought. Please take care.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily post Dec 22
    Track ,yes
    Under ,no

I am so very sorry for your loss.
  • AB0215
    edited December 2018
    Options

Comments: combination of new scale and early celebrations and I erased almost all progress I made this month.

Next week do I post on this thread for week 5 or will there be a January one started?
    @Beckymomof3girls One way to look at it is, think about how much farther away from your goal you would have been if you hadn't lost weight before the holidays....you would have been 3 lbs farther away than you are now....

January will start next Sunday. That's where you will post your weight next week, the link to that thread will be posted later. I have to set up the month and I'll be doing that shortly. It takes a while to get it all set up.
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Options
    Daily post Dec 22
    Track ,yes
    Under ,no

I'm very sorry for your loss
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@Beckymomof3girls One way to look at it is, think about how much farther away from your goal you would have been if you hadn't lost weight before the holidays....you would have been 3 lbs farther away than you are now....

January will start next Sunday. That's where you will post your weight next week, the link to that thread will be posted later. I have to set up the month and I'll be doing that shortly. It takes a while to get it all set up.

Thanks! I just wanted to be sure I posted appropriately. And thanks for the pep talk! It's so hard not to give up sometimes.

My goal is to maintain this coming week. Between Christmas, a family trip to a Great Wolf Lodge, and my birthday on New Years Eve there's going to be lots of big meals and eating out.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@beckymomof3girls.
    @clairetomkinson84.
    @breanarenae.
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @gjaholy33.
    @jaydoh120.
    @Laraburkhalter.
    @liannexx.
    @Catvlmack.
    @kearyandjessy.
    @kazunomiya.
    @kirbyallison.
    @cmteach4.
    @CourtneyLomonaco.
    @schewe1.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @Bm00re2u.
    @Digger61.
    @gemwolf110.
    @Ianmoone30.
    @mg07030.

This is the last week of the December Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the January Challenge.

The January challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Slimsons (January) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10713495/team-the-slimsons-january#latest
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message me.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 4.5 mile jog
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday, December 23

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes; Body Pump, Zumba, Stair Climber & inclined Treadmill walk
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily post Dec 22
    Track ,yes
    Under ,no

Such sadness to hear of the tragic loss of your friend :'( . I can understand the emotional eating at a time like that most certainly--- I am an emotional eater. Grief hits so hard when you've lost a loved one-- you are in my thoughts and prayers. <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I have a confession to make and one I think I just needed to say out loud to myself, and therefore I'm sharing it with you guys.

I think I've been struggling with my weight loss in the last few weeks because I don't have a "why". I always say that to effectively muster up the strength to carry on when it gets hard is to look back and think about why you started. A little background on myself...

Thanks for sharing this post Ashley @AB0215 --- your competitive spirit is exactly why you've achieved so much already! Completely inspiring us all! You'll get your new goals in 2019 no doubt. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post December 23rd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 36 minutes on the exercise bike. Also did a couple of exercises with the resistance bands.

My weight this morning was 238......it has been a long time since I have been this low. I am so much more mobile now.....but still a ways to go.
This discussion has been closed.