2019 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt - I can honestly say I have never gone out to run 5+ and ended up with 11! Ha!!
    I have been looking at some trails here for when I can run again and the rain stops and one of my biggest fears is getting lost well that and rattle snakes :unamused:
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My first half marathon was great! I stretched a lot through the day and am actually not all that sore today, which surprised me.

b0mw1icdisjg.jpg

I took the picture in my car because I think taking selfies looks so silly, but my husband couldn't be there to take my picture for me :)

YAY! that's awesome ma'am! <3 did you post a race report in the main thread? We all love to see race reports and awesome accomplishments trumpeted!
  • gonnagetfitnow2014
    Options
    Can I get in on this? How do I get involved and what is this group about? I have my first big race in May. I live in Wisconsin, so it will be the Wisconsin Marathon (the Cheesy Marathon). Normally I do the full marathon, but am "wimping" out (for me it is wimping out) and doing the 1/2. It is so hard to train in the winter and I never make my goal time in May for the full. October I will do my 11th full. This May will be my 3rd 1/2. My youngest daughter and I did out first 1/2 and first Full together. She has done 3 1/2s and 2 full marathons. She is my rock with races.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? How do I get involved and what is this group about? I have my first big race in May. I live in Wisconsin, so it will be the Wisconsin Marathon (the Cheesy Marathon). Normally I do the full marathon, but am "wimping" out (for me it is wimping out) and doing the 1/2. It is so hard to train in the winter and I never make my goal time in May for the full. October I will do my 11th full. This May will be my 3rd 1/2. My youngest daughter and I did out first 1/2 and first Full together. She has done 3 1/2s and 2 full marathons. She is my rock with races.

I saw you posted on the February Monthly Challenge thread as well. I'm assuming that's what you were looking for? This is a smaller group that is doing a team challenge through Run the Edge called Run the Year. We have 5 teams that are each working towards a combined 2019 miles over the course of the year. If you were looking to join a team that may be possible. I think some of the teams have less that 5 people (mine is full). There is an online registration ($25) and tracker. If you were looking more for the rolling monthly challenge, the main group is where you want to be!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

Our team has room if you are interested. :)
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Team More & Less is less than 1/4 mile away from our 400 mile bib! Woo hoo! Congrats to everyone who's hung in here so far!

Woot! Go us! :)
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey Runderful Runners! I had to take almost 2 weeks off as I have been out with flu/sinus infection/cold. I ran this morning and am definitely feeling much better. Well done on reaching our 400 mile bib!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Go Team Runderful World!
    rtoegawc2nkl.png

Yay go team, and especially you @workaholic_nurse I think the brunt of those are yours!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    We need 168 miles per month to make the 2019 goal. All of the teams are ahead of that goal! Keep focused, take recovery breaks as needed and stay injury free! @workaholic_nurse that knee slow you down any?
  • martaindale
    Options
    Everyone is doing an awesome job!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ahhh I missed you all yesterday! No run yesterday, had to have a fasting blood test and the idea of running before that, shudder. Today I got up, dressed then saw how beautiful the moon it. I'm doing a video at work and one of the people involved really wants a night shot with the moon and stars. So instead of running, I spent an hour out with the camera taking video from out look out points.

Here's a pic I attempted with my new phone, pretty cool eh!
    i5si0tmu8rwe.jpg

OK going back to read the 60+ posts I've missed.

Eta: Oops wrong thread!
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    @Elise4270 knee hasn't slowed me down but the darn weather has. Thank you for asking.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Team Five for Nineteen just earned the 400 mile bib! Great job guys!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Well done, Team!!!!!
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options

Well done y'all!
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Feeling good! Got my 200 mile bib this morning!