Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Keep it up!!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Feeling good! Got my 200 mile bib this morning!

great work brother!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Feeling good! Got my 200 mile bib this morning!

Awesome!!
  • mwurtzberger
    mwurtzberger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ...Pretty quiet in here... :blush:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    pitter patter...pitter patter...huff huff.... pitter patter...pitter patter... 😉

Me... clip clop.. clip clop.. clip clop *kitten*.. clip clop... kitten! Clip clop...
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Yay! I keep creepin' on the teams' progress! Im root yall all on! "Go runners. Its ya birthday. We gonna run, like its ya birthday..." Haha! Oh no, i dont mean go streakin'- just go run like a happy lil kid!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I have to admit mine is not just counting running (I WISH I was running that much)... I mindlessly linked it up to my Fitbit and it seems to be tracking all my steps, not just running ones. Not cheating intentionally guys, sorry!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    fv04f9vni02n.jpg

Team Runderful World is kicking booty and taking names!
  • eleanorhawkins
    Options
    Hey, did y'all get the email about the April streak thingy we get free entry for for being signed up for Run the Year? Prizes to be had and all, it says. I kinda like the medals too (sucker for bling, me, especially as finisher medals only come with long races here) but again, international shipping costs more than the thing itself so I get to dream on.
    Talking of which, I'm sure someone when we signed up for this promised to post photos of their stuff for those of us too poor to ship it to drool over. What happened to that? lol
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins - I had not seen the email and then checked because you mentioned it. Looks like fun and it doesn't have to be running. I also like that they are donating money to provide school clothes for kids.

I will take a picture of the medal for RTY and post it ... actually thought someone had done that previously though
  • eleanorhawkins
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins - I had not seen the email and then checked because you mentioned it. Looks like fun and it doesn't have to be running. I also like that they are donating money to provide school clothes for kids.

I will take a picture of the medal for RTY and post it ... actually thought someone had done that previously though

They may well have done and I didn't notice, my brain isn't what it used to be lol. I blame hormones (that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!)

• Elise4270
    Options
    Awww... I wanna streak April... ☹️😟😢
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - if you can workout at all you can participate. The streak is based on exercise, 20 mins of other exercise = 1 mile! Maybe working with your crutches?
  • eleanorhawkins
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @elise4270 - if you can workout at all you can participate. The streak is based on exercise, 20 mins of other exercise = 1 mile! Maybe working with your crutches?

Yeah @Elise4270 , even yoga counts so I'm sure you could claim a mile for every 20 minutes of physio/stretch/post-op recovery type stuff ;-)
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Ooohhh perhaps swimming or stationary bike. I cant do yoga. I have some nerve damage (lef hip), and any pulling on that nerve is a no-no.

Off to Dallas! Wish me paitents riding with dh... 😱
  • mwurtzberger
    Options
    Forgot to post my race results!

https://www.itsyourrace.com/Results/9093/2019/85395/857

Is it possible for an injury to show up the day after? Stupid knee!
  • eleanorhawkins
    Options
    @mwurtzberger nice!
    Totally possible, mine actually showed up on the Wednesday after racing on Sunday. Did you stretch afterwards? I failed to do so and had already (according to the physiotherapist) very contracted muscles before I even ran the HM, and they finally decided they weren't going to play any more on my second post-race run. Felt like a hot metal clamp round my knee but was really all muscle. Stretch stretch and stretch again, and if it doesn't go away or gets worse get it checked out.
  • mwurtzberger
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I wouldn't say I stretched, but I definitely walked another 1/2 mile afterwards. Its a sharp pain to the inside of my kneecap. It's been getting less sharp as the day goes so I think I just did something weird to it last night #old. lol