2019 Run the Year Group

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Wow a the cost of delivery is expensive! Not getting any swag, can't afford it sadly. But signing up anyway
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Wow a the cost of delivery is expensive! Not getting any swag, can't afford it sadly. But signing up anyway

Exactly what I said yesterday when I looked! Just the basic here too, can't get away with anything more. That's ok, we can draw our own medals etc ;-)

Name.... well as we're all over the world how about 'running the world'?
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Team C. I opted for the basic membership too. I’m happy with any name the team decides . I’m on north coast of Ireland so swimming in the sea just of the south coast of New Zealand is my exact antipode.
  • eleanorhawkins
    So team C is currently
    Team c
    @eleanorhawkins 500??
    @avidkeo 600
    @Marissaxzxzxz 400

and I can round out team C with 500 miles. Time to start Team D

Ok ladies I'm all signed up now! So exciting! (Yeah, maybe I need a run lol)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,052 Member
    I guess I'll start team D. I'll pledge 400 miles. Thought this looked like a cool challenge but there was no way I could pull it off on my own!! Team challenge looks like fun!

Team D
    @martaindale 400
  • martaindale
    I am training to do a half marathon in May an would really like to join the group

I just started team D and looking for some team mates if you are still interested.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I opted not to get any swag as well. $25 is all I want to spend. I am signed up but they don't have the 2019 tracker page up yet.
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    I would love to join!! Anything to keep me accountable. I'll pledge 400 miles as well for 2019.

Team D
    @martaindale 400
    @Fitatelo 400

Total 800/2000
  • martaindale
    @fitatelo Thanks for joining!
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    edited December 2018
    @amymoreorless, what do you think about "Team More or Less"? Between your username here and the fact that you'll be running A LOT more miles than me, it seems to fit! :D
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    @amymoreorless, what do you think about "Team More or Less"? Between your username here and the fact that you'll be running A LOT more miles than me, it seems to fit! :D

Haha! I like it. I am running so many miles because I am completely insane. Somehow, I managed to sign up for 3 marathons and 2 half marathon between Jan 2019 - May 2019. I might not be able move after June.... LOL
  • seestephierun
    seestephierun Posts: 19 Member
    I just signed up! I'll pledge 500 miles.

Team D
    @martaindale 400
    @Fitatelo 400
    @seestephierun 500

Total 1300/2000
  • martaindale
    I just signed up! I'll pledge 500 miles.

Team D
    @martaindale 400
    @Fitatelo 400
    @seestephierun 500

Total 1300/2000

Welcome!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,385 Member
    I am all registered too. I did spring for the option with the medal - what can I say, I am a sucker for the bling :smiley:
    @elise4270 - we need a Team name... How about the Gimpy Turtles or the Pocket Nuts :lol:
  • eleanorhawkins
    shanaber wrote: »
    I am all registered too. I did spring for the option with the medal - what can I say, I am a sucker for the bling :smiley:
    @elise4270 - we need a Team name... How about the Gimpy Turtles or the Pocket Nuts :lol:

yay! I'm a sucker for bling too, but the shipping costs to Spain were as much again as the bling and the husband isn't feeling THAT proud of me for running all the miles lol. You'll have to send us photos of yours!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,385 Member

yay! I'm a sucker for bling too, but the shipping costs to Spain were as much again as the bling and the husband isn't feeling THAT proud of me for running all the miles lol. You'll have to send us photos of yours!

Sure! Vicarious medal!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018

Haha! I don't wanna be gimpy! We'll have to put some thought to it.

Brainstorming:
    S.E.E. us run? Shanna, Eleanor, Elise? oops, look at me forgetting @Butterchop is my team mate..
    Eh.. i want some more awesome...

Golden girls? Haha!
    ETA. Jumping off points, not actually the best ideas yet:
    B.E.S.t miles/girls

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,065 Member
    Hey Team B. What we are more thoughts on our team name. I’m really un inventive & rubbish at that🙈
  • eleanorhawkins
    Mari33a wrote: »
    Hey Team B. What we are more thoughts on our team name. I’m really un inventive & rubbish at that🙈

@Mari33a @Avidkeo @workaholic_nurse I still think we should use the worldwide theme somehow.... run the world? round the world girls? worldwide running addicts?