2019 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi Elise4270 I went to that website to register and looks like it is only a pay for site. Is there a a free registration or is $25 the registration fee?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Calling Team D!!
    Just got the email that the tracker is open! Hopefully you all got one too. I am happy to set up the team and then you can join it, but first we need a name! There were some suggestions earlier in this thread with various plays on the word run. We can do one of those or if anyone has another suggestion please throw it out there. This is not my forte. Clearly...see my username.

@martaindale 400
    @Fitatelo 400
    @seestephierun 500
    @Tramboman 500
    @Oberon21 219
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I am a little confused about the cost of the challenge and how to join, too. I would like to join the challenge as part of a team. Do I go to the website and register and pay the $25, or do teams register differently?
  • seestephierun
    seestephierun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @martaindale I'm horrible at coming up with name ideas as well! I'm totally good with using one of the earlier suggestions!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Calling Team D!!
    Just got the email that the tracker is open! Hopefully you all got one too. I am happy to set up the team and then you can join it, but first we need a name! There were some suggestions earlier in this thread with various plays on the word run. We can do one of those or if anyone has another suggestion please throw it out there. This is not my forte. Clearly...see my username.

@martaindale 400
    @Fitatelo 400
    @seestephierun 500
    @Tramboman 500
    @Oberon21 219

I'm afraid that creativity is not one of my strengths, either.
    Five for Nineteen?
  • martaindale
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Calling Team D!!

@martaindale 400
    @Fitatelo 400
    @seestephierun 500
    @Tramboman 500
    @Oberon21 219

I'm afraid that creativity is not one of my strengths, either.
    Five for Nineteen?

I'm good with that! Let me try it on the site and see if that name is available.
  • martaindale
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @martaindale @Fitatelo @seestephierun @Tramboman @Oberon21

OK, Team Five for Nineteen is created. Once you get logged in you can search for the name and request to join. My name on the RTY site is mangoesrgreat, so if you see that name don't think you have the wrong team!

• martaindale
    Options
    I am a little confused about the cost of the challenge and how to join, too. I would like to join the challenge as part of a team. Do I go to the website and register and pay the $25, or do teams register differently?

Each individual has to register and pay at least the $25 basic fee. Then you can form or join a team. I think we got at least through team D formed. There may have been someone who started Team E.
  • abp1025
    Options
    I am the first for Team E. I registered on the Run the Year/Run the Edge website. Who else is in for Team E?
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    The tracker is now up!

@greyparks206 I started the team and named it team “MFP Team B (more & less)”. The name can be changed at any time. I don’t have your email so I couldn’t send you an invite. However, you can search for the team by name.

You can sync Strava or Gamin Connect to the tracker starting Jan 1st.
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @greyparks206 I started the team and named it team “MFP Team B (more & less)”. The name can be changed at any time. I don’t have your email so I couldn’t send you an invite. However, you can search for the team by name.

Yay! I found it and sent a request to join. I'm so excited for January 1st!

• seestephierun
    seestephierun Posts: 19 Member
    Options

OK, Team Five for Nineteen is created. Once you get logged in you can search for the name and request to join. My name on the RTY site is mangoesrgreat, so if you see that name don't think you have the wrong team!

Just requested to join! Thanks for setting it up @martaindale!
  • Tramboman
    Options

Yes indeed, thank you very much!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am the first for Team E. I registered on the Run the Year/Run the Edge website. Who else is in for Team E?

Team A can absorb you. Or if you wanna wait and see if Team E has more participants.

Ohhh I’m so excited that we can make teams on the site!

ETA I see @RisingAboveIt is team E too! How many miles does team E have?
    Hi Elise4270 I went to that website to register and looks like it is only a pay for site. Is there a a free registration or is $25 the registration fee?

I think missed your question earlier. Yes it is just the minimum 25$. Sorry about that.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

Yes indeed, thank you very much!!!

... and I have requested to join.
  • Elise4270
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Team A

@shanaber
    @Butterchop

I made the RTY team. We are “Runderful Runners!” Come join!

Don’t forget to follow the competing teams!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

Yay! I found it and sent a request to join. I'm so excited for January 1st!

@greyparks206 Accepted! Go team awesome-sauce! :)
  • abp1025
    Options
    Where do I see who is on my team and how many miles each of us is committing? Am I Team E or Team A?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Where do I see who is on my team and how many miles each of us is committing? Am I Team E or Team A?

Team E
    How many miles are you anticipating in 2019?
    Then we’ll add @RisingAboveIt ‘s anticipated miles. What’s your mileage Rising?
    And solicit a few more depending on where you are out of the 2019.
    I think there is a good chance others will be interested.

Or

If E is too short to be competitive, Then team A can absorb you and I bet there is another team that can absorb @RisingAboveIt of course, if you have a lot of miles, then waiting on team E is probably best. You can set up your team on RTY though!

So really, it’s up to you two.
  • abp1025
    Options
    I'm probably good for 400 or 450. I'll go with team A if that is ok.