2019 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am not exactly sure how this works, I skimmed through the messages so I might have missed something. How do I join this challenge? Is there a fee? I saw something about a fee, but maybe that was for something else.

I don't know how many teams are already formed and if there are still openings. Do I need to go to another website to register?

I will pledge to run 400 miles in 2019.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @msarobix super! Yes, it is a challenge through Run the Edge. You will need to register there and join your group, 25$, 37$ or 57$ depending on the swag package you choose. I think most of us opted for the 25$.

It looks like team D is full. Teams A B and C have slots available. So, let’s try this in a diplomatic way and say that since A and B absorbed an additional runner, Team C is the logical choice.

@Avidkeo @Mari33a @workaholic_nurse Team C is up and running!
    Search for MFP Team Runderful World

Am I correct that Team C has one more opening? @msarobix if/when team C confirms the open slot, join them. You could, in the mean time join RTY/RTE. (ETA if they don’t then, your choice, A or B) <— ohh look how cool “B” is... bias much mfp!

IS THIS WHERE WE ARE?
    Team A is at about 2400 miles with 4 runners
    Team B 2400 with 3 runners
    Team C 2019 with 4 runners <— add @msarobix. 2400 miles and 5 runners.
    Team D 2019 with 5 runners
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Team A update. I designated @shanaber admin on the RTY group. We’ll be out of town the first week of January, and i thought it’d be best to have someone else available.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I’m fine with @msarobix joining Runderful World. What do @Avidkeo, @eleanorhawkins & @workaholic_nurse think? U’ll have to tell us where ur from as we’re a pretty international team😀
  • Mari33a
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If one more wants to do this there would be enough for a Team E
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    If somebody wants to do this there would be enough for a Team E

Yes. I think I’ll start a sheet so we can have a look at a more even mileage distribution.

There are 1200 miles towards theoretical team E. If there is an interest in the additional 800, we’d reorganize A-D.

So, any lurkers? Now’s your chance to join!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Okie dokie. This is just a where we are update. Not actions needed.

I know how much everyone loves Sheets, so I added a screenshot. The teams look pretty even, and I don’t want to suggest we go plucking folks from the teams they have bonded with. But. Team D could use one stronger runner to keep it competitive. I’ll leave it to you to sort out unless y’all want me to dictate/suggest a move. Which would be: merely swap a runner off D to any other team with a runner with 200-300 more miles.

I think team A could keep the abundance of miles, but am willing to play fair. I hope I’m sandbagging with 400 miles, but I’ll know more (hopefully) the end of January post hip surgeon appointment.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Nrk2Z6TS1POgWzngV38lcTK1pIJCEihFd_OnKhAC44

Thanks for playing! :smiley:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I know how much everyone loves Sheets, so I added a screenshot. The teams look pretty even, and I don’t want to suggest we go plucking folks from the teams they have bonded with. But. Team D could use one stronger runner to keep it competitive. I’ll leave it to you to sort out unless y’all want me to dictate/suggest a move. Which would be: merely swap a runner off D to any other team with a runner with 200-300 more miles.

I think team A could keep the abundance of miles, but am willing to play fair. I hope I’m sandbagging with 400 miles, but I’ll know more (hopefully) the end of January post hip surgeon appointment.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Nrk2Z6TS1POgWzngV38lcTK1pIJCEihFd_OnKhAC44

Even though I committed 500 miles to Team D, I'll probably be closer to 1,000 barring some unforeseen ugly raising it's head.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

Even though I committed 500 miles to Team D, I'll probably be closer to 1,000 barring some unforeseen ugly raising it's head.

Oh I see! Rock on then! *sandbagger* :tongue: dastardly D! :smiley:

Let’s just have fun with this . Let the teams fill up!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Fun is my middle name...
    ...or is it sandbagger???
  • Elise4270
    Options

Fun is my middle name...
    ...or is it sandbagger???

Hahaha! I hope we all are sandbagging and surprise ourselves with amazing mileage and accomplishments this year!
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure exactly how many I can do, but setting 450 as my min. We’ll have to see what happens. For those of you who did this in 2018, did all of the teams go over?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I’m not sure exactly how many I can do, but setting 450 as my min. We’ll have to see what happens. For those of you who did this in 2018, did all of the teams go over?

This is our first year. We are setting a trend here on MFP!
  • Mari33a
    Options

This is our first year. We are setting a trend here on MFP!

2018 was terrible running year for me but the 2 before were 500ish so I know I can so ‘sandbanking’ definitely!

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I am going to minimum of 10 a week for the year, so I think my total mileage will be more like 520. I think you cut me down to get to the 2019 number. So you can put me in for 500.

I am also counting only running miles, given the nature of this group I am assuming we want to 'run' the miles. :)
  • andor_dracon
    andor_dracon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all, joined just a few days ago and now I'm wondering if their is still a spot open. 2019 will be my first full year of running and I plan on running roughly 700 miles.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Hey all, joined just a few days ago and now I'm wondering if their is still a spot open. 2019 will be my first full year of running and I plan on running roughly 700 miles.

And we have team E! Yup yup!

Welcome @andor_dracon ! Sign up with run the year, create your team and we’ll add everyone else that has interest and perhaps others from existing group will migrate over to complete the 2019 goal.

Let us know what your team name is so we can follow/join you. If you are not creative , you can start with “MFP team E” and rename it later.

And don’t worry, you’ll have mates! Where are you from? Do you have other hobbies?
  • Elise4270
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I am going to minimum of 10 a week for the year, so I think my total mileage will be more like 520. I think you cut me down to get to the 2019 number. So you can put me in for 500.

I am also counting only running miles, given the nature of this group I am assuming we want to 'run' the miles. :)

Got it. Although I’m not awake and have a headache so my faulty brain is trying extra hard this morning to process external stimuli.

Just a reminder, You can edit the sheet. I surely don’t mind doing it though. I know some have that spreadsheet aversion.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Thanks @elise4270 for setting it all up, the spreadsheet and everything!
    I will likely be more than 900 if I stay uninjured - had nearly 950 this year with 8 weeks off and several weeks of minimal running. That said if we need to redistribute I would love to say less so there is less pressure :lol:

A reminder for those that aren't aware:
    There is a monthly running challenge group too where we all post our goal for the month, update on a semi regular basis and discuss all kinds of running and non-running related topics. There are runners at all levels and you can get some great information, motivation and support. Just be sure to bookmark the current month.
    You can join us for the January 2019 Running Challenge:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10713705/january-2019-monthly-running-challenge/p1

Or if you want to check out the current month it is here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10709529/december-2018-monthly-running-challenge/p1
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have registered and Joined Group C "MFP Team Runderful World". Do I need to set my proposed mileage on that site, or do I just log my mileage? This is the first time I have participated in anything like so I just want to make sure I am doing it right.