2019 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    msarobix wrote: »
    I have registered and Joined Group C "MFP Team Runderful World". Do I need to set my proposed mileage on that site, or do I just log my mileage? This is the first time I have participated in anything like so I just want to make sure I am doing it right.

You do not need to set your mileage up on the rty site. Just update it there after you run. I set mine to automatically update from Garmin. Of course, if you don’t use Garmin, it will populate from Strava too.
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I found out that I can link my treadmill to Garmin Connect. And since I do 99% of my runs on my treadmill it will work well. Although, I think I will only track my runs not my walk workouts. Currently, I am do some walking during my running workouts, and I will count that mileage for now in anticipation of eliminating the walking all together.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I think that rule makes sense. My intention is to count my actual running miles, but I think it makes sense to include exercise walking especially if it's mixed in with running. Just too hard to separate all that out.
  • andor_dracon
    andor_dracon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Just registered and created the team MFP team E.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I am also counting only running miles, given the nature of this group I am assuming we want to 'run' the miles. :)

You know that’s a good point. We are all of different levels of running. I sure counted a lot of walking when I was injured or just trying to prevent injury. If we go by mfp mrc rules, it’s what you want to count. I don’t think we should do daily step distances, but do feel that any intentional walking/running for exercise counts. I still do walk breaks in my running. It’d be a burden to segregate the distances.

I assume everyone is okay with this “rule”? Example being, if I have a sore/gimpy or an active recovery day and walk 5 miles it counts as long as it’s not 5 miles shopping or sight seeing. I’m walking for the sake of my running ability.

I am totally in agreement in this. I wear my fitbit when I ride, and all day. On weekends it can look like I ran 15 - 20 miles if I linked it to the tracker. I have a garmin but only wear it outside not on treadmill. So I'll just manually enter in the tracker.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    And RTY team join request sent.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm a bit late, funally logged in and sent my request to join its a runderful world!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    And happy new year everyone! I'll post my first miles before you guys even get to new years eve parties!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Agree completely with the walk break thing, and until I'm allowed to run again I may log dedicated walking too.
    @Avidkeo and everyone else a little later, happy new year!!
  • donjshaw4870
    donjshaw4870 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Completely new to this, would love to join a group. Ran 2100 miles in 2018 and will probably run about 1800 in 2019 due to no planned marathon.

How do I join?
  • Elise4270
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Completely new to this, would love to join a group. Ran 2100 miles in 2018 and will probably run about 1800 in 2019 due to no planned marathon.

How do I join?

Nice! That puts you on team E. Join run the year/run the edge for the 2019 challenge. It is a minimum of 25$. Then search for your team, MFP TEAM E. @andor_dracon is your teammate and is admin of that group and will need to accept your request to join the group.

You can come up with a new team name together. Don’t forget to follow the other teams and runners. There are tutorials for all the functions on the rty site, it is super easy to use. Feel free to ask here if you need to and we can help you figure it out.
    Edit to add
    Here’s a link to the team structure it can be edited by anyone.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Nrk2Z6TS1POgWzngV38lcTK1pIJCEihFd_OnKhAC44

Now do we have team F?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @amymoreorless I’m not sure why we haven’t does this before. Great idea! I’m loving all my new mates and rooting for the other teams!
  • andor_dracon
    andor_dracon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @donjshaw4870 welcome to the team
  • donjshaw4870
    Options
    Thank you. Now let’s get a new team name set up! :smile:
  • donjshaw4870
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Double post
  • martaindale
    Options
    @andor_dracon @donjshaw4870 Welcome Team E!!
    Really looking forward to this challenge!
  • martaindale
    Options
    In the RTE tracker I set up my Strava link. I seem to remember it asking me for a day to start, which I put in as 1/1. Well, it started anyway and logged my last couple of runs. I noticed today a few other teams already have some miles as well, so I’m guessing a few others did the same thing. Just an FYI, you can manually delete those miles to reset your team to 0.