2019 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm officially on the board now! Only 1.5 miles since today was a speed workout (1/4 mile repeats). I've got a 2.5 mile "easy" run scheduled for tomorrow; hopefully that (and my teammates' next runs) will help boost Team B up in the rankings!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Five for Nineteen no longer in last place!!!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hey question, those who have both Garmin and strava, what are you using to connect? Which one is better? Especially if converting from km to miles?
  • mwurtzberger
    mwurtzberger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Any room left for a day too late guy? I can add ~500 to a team who might be short (totally lurking). I assume you're on strava keeping groups/tabs?
  • mwurtzberger
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Looking for 3 new members to the team ‘’Run happy’ :)

I can help, I didn't read all 11 pages so LMK!

So it looks like I need to register on another site, then be approved on this one. Just message me or reply here. I'm on Garmin (which is pushed to Strava at this time) - same UN. Also interested in the digital badges on Garmin! :D
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @mwurtzberger - you can definitely join Team E, otherwise known as team Run Happy.
    You need to register on the YTY/YTE site (https://runtheedge.com), cheapest option is $25 depending on if you want the associated bling or not. Once registered you can link Garmin (or Strava) and search for and request to follow the Run Happy team. @andor_dracon is the Admin for that group and he will accept you to the team. You can also follow any of our other teams and runners.

@elise4270 has put together a google document with all the teams' information https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Nrk2Z6TS1POgWzngV38lcTK1pIJCEihFd_OnKhAC44/edit#gid=0
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @mwurtzberger Welcome!!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm officially on the board now! Only 1.5 miles since today was a speed workout (1/4 mile repeats). I've got a 2.5 mile "easy" run scheduled for tomorrow; hopefully that (and my teammates' next runs) will help boost Team B up in the rankings!

@greyparks206 Go you! I had to cancel my run this morning due to freezing rain. I am not THAT hard core of a runner. LOL

I should get in some miles tomorrow before work (as long as the rain stops).

Go team B!
  • mwurtzberger
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @mwurtzberger - you can definitely join Team E, otherwise known as team Run Happy.
    You need to register on the YTY/YTE site (https://runtheedge.com), cheapest option is $25 depending on if you want the associated bling or not. Once registered you can link Garmin (or Strava) and search for and request to follow the Run Happy team. @andor_dracon is the Admin for that group and he will accept you to the team. You can also follow any of our other teams and runners.

@elise4270 has put together a google document with all the teams' information https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Nrk2Z6TS1POgWzngV38lcTK1pIJCEihFd_OnKhAC44/edit#gid=0

Joined and in... Just waiting for @andor_dracon to approve and I'm all set... :) Is there a way to follow all the teams in the RTE site? I see a "follow" section.. that's probably the one ;)
  • greyparks206
    edited January 2019
    Options
    We still have a couple available spots on Team B if there are any late comers looking to join in. And I'm not just saying that because we're currently in last place. Lol.

@mwurtzberger, yes, you should be able to search for all the teams by name in the "follow" section to add them. That part is fairly simple. I'm trying to add all the individual participants to the list I'm following, as well, but it seems there isn't an easy way to do that. It's taking me forever, and I'm sure I'm missing some of you, but I'm trying, I promise! My RTY profile is public, so feel free to follow me; it might be easier for me to find you all that way!
  • mwurtzberger
    Options
    @mwurtzberger Welcome!!

Thanks for the add and to all of you for the work on putting this together... Don't think I'll hit 2019 miles, but even 1/4th of that would be my best running year ever!
  • mwurtzberger
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Okay, I followed all the teams and my teammates. I'll work on following the other teams later. The site isn't that friendly... I keep getting 'oops...' but it did what I asked...

Seems to be working well today!
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add for team A the weather is stormy for the next couple of days so I probably won't get out again until the weekend. I'm not being a bum I swear.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - Thanks goes mostly to @amymoreorless and @Elise4270! I think it is going to be a fun group! Just hope I can contribute and not be injured!

@Butterchop - No worries! I haven't run yet this year so you are already ahed of me! Hopefully I should be able to get something on Friday.

@greyparks206 and @mwurtzberger - it is hard to find individuals unless you know their names or the ID they created on the RTY site. Some are obvious (Grey Parks) others not so much.

What do you all think of adding our RTY ID to the spreadsheet to make it easier?
  • greyparks206
    edited January 2019
    Options
    What do you all think of adding our RTY ID to the spreadsheet to make it easier?

I think that would be very helpful! I've been trying to find individuals by going to each team, clicking on each member, and then searching their names, but since you can only see the first name (or username), last initial (if provided), and location for people you don't follow, it's quite tedious. And some people don't seem to show up in the searches at all...

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

I think that would be very helpful! I've been trying to find individuals by going to each team, clicking on each member, and then searching their names, but since you can only see the first name (or username), last initial (if provided), and location for people you don't follow, it's quite tedious. And some people don't seem to show up in the searches at all...

One option is to edit your RTY screen name so it matches your MFP screen name.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks @7lenny7 !

@Butterchop @shanaber I’m taking a few days off too, all in injury management . So we’ll catch up! Or maybe @7lenny7 will join us and give us an edge. :smiley:
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Thanks @7lenny7 !

@Butterchop @shanaber I’m taking a few days off too, all in injury management . So we’ll catch up! Or maybe @7lenny7 will join us and give us an edge. :smiley:

Hahaha great idea!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

One option is to edit your RTY screen name so it matches your MFP screen name.

I added a column on the sheets if you’d like to be found easier. I also update my rty name to match mfp.