Calories- no
    Exercise- yes (1 mile walk)
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 1/4/19

Logging: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, shoulder workout today, along with 15 min on the stair stepper and 15 min on the exercise bike.

@HASWLRS Thanks for the support these past few days of me posting!
    @GrandmaJackie Thanks for your positivity the other day!
    @mikea2g Congratulations on your losses over these last few months! Although Ive been in and out of MFP, when I jump back in it is always cool to see your progress. Hope that knee gets better soon.

Everyone else: Keep up the good work!

Although calories were under, I binged on chocolate a little today. Im really trying to have a healthy relationship with food and eating chocolate (and more of it then I originally wanted) didn't make me feel all that great. Tomorrow is a new day though!
  • khadl07
    khadl07 Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Today weighed in at 294.6
    A gain, but I made some wise choices for this week and hoping to lose next week!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Friday 1/4
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: barely. 10 mins stretching
    Water: 80 oz
    Steps: 10,004
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1/4:
    Tracking: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 35 min treadmill
  • saskicpg
    saskicpg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is my first weigh in Saturday
    Weight: 267
    It’s a struggle, for now I’m losing it, but I hope it will change
  • grayjayyyy
    grayjayyyy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Week one
    Last weeks weight: 130
    Today's weight: 129.4

So here's my story- last week I was away with my boyfriend's family when I signed up. I had no access to a scale, so I guessed my starting weight as 130. I thought I was estimating high but was devastated when I got back home and realized I actually weighed 133.5lbs. I'm sure all the eating out and drinking didn't help (combined with PMS). But being that I was 120lbs at the beginning of November, it felt like such a disappointment.

My goal was 128 for this week. I didn't hit it but, since my starting weight was more than I initially thought, I'm not upset about missing my goal.

This week I stuck to my diet extremely consistently with the exception of one chocolate chip cookie and wine on NYE. I did cardio 4x this week to ease myself back into the gym.

This upcoming week, I plan to continue sticking to my diet (for me it's the component that makes the biggest difference). I also plan to continue with 4x/week cardio, a couple strength workouts, and daily morning abs. My goal for next weigh in is 126lbs... After tonight's "cheat meal" of homemade pizza of course🤤🍕

Wish me luck!! I'm feeling good about this.

PS: Reading all of your posts has been incredibly motivating!! Please keep it up ☺️👏
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 1/4/19

Logging: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, shoulder workout today, along with 15 min on the stair stepper and 15 min on the exercise bike.

@HASWLRS Thanks for the support these past few days of me posting!
    @GrandmaJackie Thanks for your positivity the other day!
    @mikea2g Congratulations on your losses over these last few months! Although Ive been in and out of MFP, when I jump back in it is always cool to see your progress. Hope that knee gets better soon.

Everyone else: Keep up the good work!

Although calories were under, I binged on chocolate a little today. Im really trying to have a healthy relationship with food and eating chocolate (and more of it then I originally wanted) didn't make me feel all that great. Tomorrow is a new day though!

Thanks @mickey10111 !

I keep my progress numbers visible so I can continually see what I’ve accomplished so far. It gets so easy for me to be lost in the moment and feel like no progress is being made.

The knee will inevitably heal. I just decided running was something I was ready for. I was wrong. Walking, elliptical and bike are all awesome cardio options still! :)

The struggle is real when it comes to chocolate (and plenty of other foods). I have a chocolate protein powder that sort of scratches the chocolate itch. It’s sweetened with stevia. For me, yummy
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am so late with my weigh in. I should have done it earlier, it was a bad week for exercise, tracking & calories!
    This weeks weight- 210 (up 2 pounds from last week) 😞
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 1/4:

Tracking - yes
    Under - no
    Exercise - no

Even though I’m not doing great at staying under by calories each day, just the idea of tracking every day is an improvement for me. It really makes me think about the actual reasons that I go over and what I can do to stop doing it.

Back to the gym and plans to stay under calorie budget next week. Looking forward to Mini Challenge Week 2 :smiley:
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Abowersgirl
    Week 1
    PW 144.4
    CW 143.8

Slowly dropping that holiday weight, last weekend was not kind to me and there were some hiccups throughout the week but otherwise I am happy I am almost back to my preholiday weight

Jan 4

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Sunday no
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday no
    Friday yes
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

January 4
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes
    60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️
    35 min walk with granddaughter
    Steps: 11207
    Water: 88oz
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    1/5
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: yes

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: no
    Wed: yes
    Thu: yes
    Fri: no
    Sat: yes
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1/5/2019
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no :(
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    January 5
    Tracking: ✅
    Calories: ✅
    Exercise: ✅ (Museum with grandkids)
    Steps: 9,280
    Water: 32oz
  • kc9agz
    kc9agz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    kc9agz
    January week 1
    Saturday
    last week: 130.8
    this week 129.8

Almost forgot to post this - hubby managed to get home and been spending a few hours with him and the kids.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Tracked no

Exercise no

Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday no
    Friday no
    Saturday no
    I started out ok. My day got out of routine on Thursday and I struggled to get back into it. I am going to keep trying to make exercise and calorie tracking an everyday habit. My soda consumption went way down this week, as well as random snacking.
This discussion has been closed.