TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I am Cindy and from Ontario Canada. I have lost around 90 pounds . My ultimate goal is to lose approx 100 but everytime I get close I fall off the wagon. I am trying to refocus but I am determined that I will reach my ultimate goal this year
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options

I've set myself some new workout goals for January. I want to keep working on running, so I might post my daily/weekly miles just so I have them logged somewhere. I'm aiming for 2-3 miles a day during the week, hitting at least 10 miles a week. If anyone else wants to do this, we can keep each other accountable!

Ok, wall of text over. Excited for January! Good luck everyone!

I currently am still jogging ..not really running yet but I am still working my way up. Currently I can jog 1.5-2 miles and would love to attempt 10 miles with you a week 😃
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,087 Member
    Options
    Username: Grandmajackie
    Weighin : Friday
    Starting weight: 147 lbs
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I’m Jackie from Washington State, I’m looking to lose about 15 pounds before August. We have a vacation planned so I would love to have a cushion. I’m struggling right now and came across this challenge and thought it was a great way for me to have some accountability.

Plus in June my daughter and I are running a half marathon, I’m starting to get back into running. I love the concept of this challenge, logging regularly would definitely help.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Mel and I live in Western Australia. I have been overweight since I had my last child almost 6 years ago and have yo-yo'd a lot over that time. When we moved over here I took time off work to spend time with my children as an at home mum. I work most nights which helps me stay active, but I am going back to casual teaching this year. I was a part of this challenge for most of 2018 but fell off the wagon with a huge crash. Ready to kick 2019 off with a bang.
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Keith. 43. Vegetarian. My goal is to lose 37 lbs this year. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • kc9agz
    kc9agz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tee here - think January will be my 4th month here. Time gets away from me and I just can't remember. I am a mom of 3 teen girls (18, 16 and 14), married for 20 years - work in a school kitchen and have very long days as I volunteer after school helping teachers til my youngest gets our of school (she rides with me). Leave home at 6am and back around 4pm. Then have all the other kid activities that go along with teens involved in band and track - lol!

I am looking to lose 20 pounds but not been very successful as yet - let life get in the way and will be working to actually reach this goal in 2019 - new year new start!
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I've set myself some new workout goals for January. I want to keep working on running, so I might post my daily/weekly miles just so I have them logged somewhere. I'm aiming for 2-3 miles a day during the week, hitting at least 10 miles a week. If anyone else wants to do this, we can keep each other accountable!

Ok, wall of text over. Excited for January! Good luck everyone!

I currently am still jogging ..not really running yet but I am still working my way up. Currently I can jog 1.5-2 miles and would love to attempt 10 miles with you a week 😃

For me, jogging is running. I'm so slow :D It's way better than nothing!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @eatingfoodles @abowersgirl I’m also slow more of a jog now since I haven’t seriously ran for about 3 years. At least we’re are making an effort. Even though when I was actually able to complete races, I wasn’t a real fast runner/jogger/crawler, ;):)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week: 4
    Weight in day:Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 142.2
    Today’s weight: 146.2
    Ouch 😱

“Every day and in every possible way, I trust my intuition and the powers of my subconscious.”

December 28
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes
    60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️
    2.34 mile walk
    Steps:9530
    Water: 88oz
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Mel and I live in Western Australia. I have been overweight since I had my last child almost 6 years ago and have yo-yo'd a lot over that time. When we moved over here I took time off work to spend time with my children as an at home mum. I work most nights which helps me stay active, but I am going back to casual teaching this year. I was a part of this challenge for most of 2018 but fell off the wagon with a huge crash. Ready to kick 2019 off with a bang.

Great seeing you back with us, Mel!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    December 28
    Tracking: ✅
    Calories: ✅
    Exercise: ✅ (Run/Treadmill/Yoga/Tai Chi)
    Steps: 19,793
    Water: 72oz

Hi, Jackie!! We meet again. There you are, getting a head start on the mini challenge!! You are competitive and keen so I would expect nothing less!!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Username: pkg1998
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    12/30/18 weight: 233.4 lbs

Time to get over this cold and get my butt in gear and start getting healthy.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Username: pkg1998
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    12/30/18 weight: 233.4 lbs

Time to get over this cold and get my butt in gear and start getting healthy.

Our first weigh-in for the January Challenge! Pam, I have your starting weight as 220.6. If that is right, then you have gained 13 pounds in a week, which would be mostly water, of course. So, drink up, and start moving as much as your cold allows you to do. (hugs)
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    PhatStax69
    Weight 237
    Weigh In Days Friday
  • Heartie2Heartie
    Heartie2Heartie Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone My Name is Heevenlee. I have been at this weight loss and health thing a while now. I have type 1 diabeties as well as cerebal pausy right side bascally can;t use my right hand spelling is a little off just an fyi as I type with one hand. This year has been the worse for me I have an operation that keep me out of the loop and gained most of my weight back sadly. I am hopping that this challange will help me get back to where I used to be. I am a stay at home wife and we have 3 amazing doggie babies. Hot Rod doxie, Peanut terrior and our newest addition Bella mini doxie. If it wasent for these 3 don't know where I would be

Username: Heartie2Heartie
    Starting weight 130
    Weigh in Day Wed will post on Sudays if that makes it easier
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    @Heartie2Heartie, Heevenlee welcome to our challenge! I joined this challenge again because I too need the motivation it brings. Our captain @HASWLRS does an excellent job helping motivate us.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi everyone My Name is Heevenlee. I have been at this weight loss and health thing a while now. I have type 1 diabeties as well as cerebal pausy right side bascally can;t use my right hand spelling is a little off just an fyi as I type with one hand. This year has been the worse for me I have an operation that keep me out of the loop and gained most of my weight back sadly. I am hopping that this challange will help me get back to where I used to be. I am a stay at home wife and we have 3 amazing doggie babies. Hot Rod doxie, Peanut terrior and our newest addition Bella mini doxie. If it wasent for these 3 don't know where I would be

Username: Heartie2Heartie
    Starting weight 130
    Weigh in Day Wed will post on Sudays if that makes it easier

Welcome, Heevenlee. Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life! I am hoping being part of this group will be what you need to get back on track. If your weigh-in day is Wednesday, please post on Wednesday if at all possible. The week ends on Saturday, so Sunday would be too late.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Welcome to Day #1 of the January Challenge!! We have quite a few new team mates, so for this first week, I will be posting weigh-in reminders beforehand until we all get the hang of it. After the first week I'll post reminders if you have forgotten!!

Sunday weigh-in crew:

@eminater, @mommy2ajs and @MelsLeanDream
This discussion has been closed.