Exercise yes

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday no
    Saturday no

Today is a new day and a new week for the challenge.
    I don't know what happened Friday, i think LNS got to me and the munchies took over but I know Saturdays are the hardest day for me to keep it together. We have a big family breakfast and dinner and although some Saturdays I do great, others I don't. I will just have to be good up until Saturday to start some sort of a streak and use that day as my one cheat meal.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    PhatStax69 wrote: »
    jan 12

exercise and calories in check.

The problem time of the day for me is after diner/ night time. I have to figure something out to keep me safe that time of day

@PhatStax69, Sounds like you had a good day! Yes, getting up at five will help with going to bed earlier and the late night snacking. Can you save some calories for the evening so you can still have a planned snack? Or are you one of those that once you get started eating on the couch you have a hard time stopping? What about a hot cup of herbal tea that you can sip over a period of time, all the while holding the mug with both hands so they are both occupied and not looking to reach for food? What about reading? Both hands are occupied that way. Or is there a project you can peck away at in the evenings to keep you occupied, like maybe reorganizing the tool shed or painting the spare room, or building a book shelf, etc?

Your before and current photos (I won't say "after" because you are still a work in progress!) are impressive. If ever you feel discouraged about your journey, you just need to take a look at those to see what you have accomplished to date with all your hard work; first losing the 45 pounds, then maintaining it!! Maintaining isn't easy either!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »

SMALL WIN OF THE DAY:
    Realized I use to get so tired doing yard work because I was overweight and out of shape. I thought it was just hard, lol. Don’t get me wrong, I’m exhausted right now, but 2 hours in I wasn’t ready to faint. I was ready to do more :)

Your small win is actually a great NSV!!!

• HASWLRS
    edited January 2019
    Options
    khadl07 wrote: »
    Last weeks weight: 294.6
    Today's weight: 289.4

I have joined a challenge in my hometown. I got an instant pot for Christmas and it has really helped me make some healthy choices! I will start doing personal training in the next month to train my body to look the way I want (toned). I have lost 36 lbs now. 4 more pounds and I will be down 40 since I started this journey. It is very hard for me to eat out of my "healthy" realm without gaining. My body just seems extra sensitive. I have also been drinking 3-32 oz jugs of water each day which my body is loving! Here's to the next 4 lbs to be down 40 lbs officially!!

@khadl07, you are doing fantastic!!! It sounds like you have all the puzzle pieces in place for success....your hometown challenge, your new way to cook healthy foods, a personal trainer and lots of water!! Your loss of 5+ pounds is very impressive!!
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    13/01/19
    Tracking = Yes
    Ex = Swimming 40 mins
    Day = Late start, which was nice as it is Sunday :) Swimming with my boy, who swam with no buoyancy aid for the first time! He's been diving for weighted balls!!

NSV - got into my new swimsuit today and fitted alright - as opposed to last time when half of me flowed back out!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    January Week #2 Results:

Team The Big Butt Theory had a good week. We lost the most weight, at 44.4 pounds, which put us in 2nd place for the week with a 0.74% loss (0.78% was the loss for first place). Since we started out so slow though, we are still in last place overall:

GutBusters - 1.29%
    Slimsons - 0.81&
    Run Track Minds - 0.80%
    Flab-u-less - 0.74%
    The Big Butt Theory - 0.60%

Keep in mind these numbers are fluid...each time an entry is made in the spreadsheet, these numbers change. This was a snapshot at a particular moment.

Individually, we had no podium placements, but many of us had a good week. The Top 12 Big Butts for the 2nd week of January were:

@Tracie_Lord - 2.57%
    @karrihowlett - 2.17%
    @kathamh - 1.75%
    @saskicpg - 1.50%
    @mikea2g - 1.38%
    @akwilliams1085 - 1.28%
    @lozenger1984 - 1.18%
    @T34S3l - 1.11%
    @grayjayyyy - 1.08%
    @swauters - 1.07%
    @brandi_84 - 1.06%
    @erikNJ - 0.98%

@khadl07, this chart was composed before you posted your weight. Otherwise you would have been on here; you had a really great week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I leave for Montreal in the morning. It is a work conference for my husband. Two days of travel by train, and two full days of meetings. I will be enjoying leisure time while my husband is in meetings, mostly walking around the old city and shopping. The evenings will be filled with food, drink, and socializing; one night at the Bell Centre for a Canadiens hockey game and one night of dancing. I will not be on here much. We return late on Thursday, so I will be back on here on Friday to enter all the weights I have missed entering to date. I will do the mini challenge results then too for week #2. Have a great week and continue supporting each other like you have been doing so well these first two weeks.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I leave for Montreal in the morning. It is a work conference for my husband. Two days of travel by train, and two full days of meetings. I will be enjoying leisure time while my husband is in meetings, mostly walking around the old city and shopping. The evenings will be filled with food, drink, and socializing; one night at the Bell Centre for a Canadiens hockey game and one night of dancing. I will not be on here much. We return late on Thursday, so I will be back on here on Friday to enter all the weights I have missed entering to date. I will do the mini challenge results then too for week #2. Have a great week and continue supporting each other like you have been doing so well these first two weeks.

Have a great trip Lisa! Vacation means lots of opportunity to get your steps in :). Pacing up and down the train, dancing, hopping up to flag the waiter down for another drink! So, so, so many opportunities, lol.
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Jan. 13

Exercise and calories were in check.
    I moved my diner to a little bit later in the day to help with night cravings. For my meals I am trying to keep it easy and simple.
    Today was cardio day. I did 60 minutes of kickboxing and 45 minutes of zumba.
    Breakfast was a smoothie
    lunch was a huge salad with black bean burger
    Diner Potato and Tofu stir fry
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Sunday, January 13, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 20 minute light elliptical / 10 minute stretching / 60 minute weight training.
    Steps as of posting: 10,303

SMALL WIN OF THE DAY:
    Feel wasted today. Over did it at the gym. Feel like quitting for a few weeks. Just a bit tired of the effort involved. I want to workout to have a better life, not have workouts consume my life.

My win is I didn’t quit today. Kept eating in check. I have meals planned out for tomorrow. So despite feeling like quitting all day, all my actions are geared toward continued effort. Of course I feel like quitting sometimes, this is freaking challenging! :)
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1/13:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 40 min walk 40 min stationary bike
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Sunday, January 13, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 20 minute light elliptical / 10 minute stretching / 60 minute weight training.
    Steps as of posting: 10,303

SMALL WIN OF THE DAY:
    Feel wasted today. Over did it at the gym. Feel like quitting for a few weeks. Just a bit tired of the effort involved. I want to workout to have a better life, not have workouts consume my life.

My win is I didn’t quit today. Kept eating in check. I have meals planned out for tomorrow. So despite feeling like quitting all day, all my actions are geared toward continued effort. Of course I feel like quitting sometimes, this is freaking challenging! :)

One day at a time. Good job.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS enjoy your time away. I know you will. We will keep the motivation going here for each other
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    1/13

tracking: no
    calories: no
    exercise: yes

I got activity through snow shoveling and putting away the last of our Christmas decorations. My beloved Eagles lost their playoff game tonight. Many tears were shed in my house. But in the spirit if moving forward for health ... I won’t have to base my weekend around football. I can get back to planning one earned night a weekend.
    Wishing well to my teammates through sorrow. Let’s go kick this January challenge!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    January 13, 2019
    Mini challenge
    1/13
    tracking: yes
    calories: under
    exercise: yes, c25k week 3 day 1 repeated
    Steps:16,209
    Water: 88 oz
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,884 Member
    Options
    January 13
    Tracking: ✅
    Calories: ✅
    Exercise: ✅ (Treadmill,Walks,Yoga, Tai Chi)
    Steps: 20,137
    Water: 88oz
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,884 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Lisa it sounds like it’s going to be a fun trip, enjoy :)
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day 181.8
    Good week. Tracked most days the only bits I missed are where I forgot to weigh a couple of things.
    Another good week for exercise. After being so unfit for so long I’ve now reached a point where there’s a lot of firsts for me and a lot of personal bests. I got my mile run down to 11 minutes yesterday and have set my self a goal of trying all the classes my gym offers this year to get me out of my comfort zone. So far have done yoga, kettlebells and legs, bums and tums and coped with all the classes fairly well (definitely could not have done them 18 months ago). Feeling fitter feels amazing. It’s helping me cope with some stressful stuff at work too.
    Aiming to be in the 170s next week!
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in:
    PW: 230.2
    CW: 227.4

This discussion has been closed.