Options

Replies

• mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    PhatStax69 wrote: »
    jan 12

exercise and calories in check.

The problem time of the day for me is after diner/ night time. I have to figure something out to keep me safe that time of day

Not sure if this would work with your schedule, but I ended up going to bed early and waking up earlier to get past the late night hunger and snacking issue.

My wife said my nightly catch phrase was “I’m getting hungry, I should go to bed”. As long as I made sure to stay close, but under calories that day, I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night starving. The few times I was under by a few hundred calories I woke up and gorged because I was so hungry.

I’m sure there’s a bunch of strategies out there to try, the above just worked well for me.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1/12:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 25 minutes treadmill
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Spent the day shopping....exhausted. Will catch up tomorrow.

Missing Saturday Weigh-Ins:

@kc9agz and @mrsjas2000
  • mikea2g
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Saturday, January 12, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - A ridiculous amount of walking my property, dragging deadfall to the fire pit. I’m on a small hill as well so got a lot of “floors” in as well :)
    Steps as of posting: 20,903
    —- I won’t be doing anywhere near as many steps tomorrow. I’ve got a heavy lifting day planned (excited and scared ) :)

SMALL WIN OF THE DAY:
    Realized I use to get so tired doing yard work because I was overweight and out of shape. I thought it was just hard, lol. Don’t get me wrong, I’m exhausted right now, but 2 hours in I wasn’t ready to faint. I was ready to do more :)
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    January 12, 2019
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 65 minutes of walking
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Pre-Vacation Weigh-in

Hello! I realized I forgot to post my weight before I left. Unfortunately I’m back up to my staring weight of 165.4 lbs from sept.

Vacation has been good, been doing plenty of walking and have stuck to mainly 3 meals a day, with minor snacking.

I briefly looked over the comments that I’ve missed these past few days and have seen many daily successes and wins! Congrats everyone! Keep up the good work.

See you all when I get back! :)
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    jan 12

The problem time of the day for me is after diner/ night time. I have to figure something out to keep me safe that time of day

Not sure if this would work with your schedule, but I ended up going to bed early and waking up earlier to get past the late night hunger and snacking issue.

My wife said my nightly catch phrase was “I’m getting hungry, I should go to bed”. As long as I made sure to stay close, but under calories that day, I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night starving. The few times I was under by a few hundred calories I woke up and gorged because I was so hungry.

I’m sure there’s a bunch of strategies out there to try, the above just worked well for me.

Since I joined the gym I will bet getting up at 5am to workout before work. That should help with going to bed earlier. I will still need to find a new routine besides eating. I know that is my weak time of the day so I can prepare for it.

MY first workout at the gym was good. There were only 3 other people on the weight training floor so i pretty much had the gym to myself. I am doing the aworkoutroutine.com beginner program which focuses on the big 6 compound lifts. You basically start out with the bar focussing on proper form and add 5 lbs each week. My whole body is sore from just lifting the bar this morning lol.
  • PhatStax69
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs 5 years ago. Ive maintained but I want to lose the rest and transform my body. Im 6ft 3.
    qvjk4meurhwk.jpg
    l4lnrovv9xpc.jpg

• pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 1/11:

Tracking - yes
    Under - no
    Exercise - no

Hard for me to stay on track with food and exercise on the weekend. It’s the part of my week I need to work on the most.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh-in 1/13:

Weight - 224.2 (gain from last week)

After reviewing my week, I’ve decided that it might not be good for me to be eating my exercise calories. I did go over more days than I liked but not by much unless I remove the exercise calories. Going to not include them this week and see what happens.
  • mikea2g
    Options
    jan 12

Since I joined the gym I will bet getting up at 5am to workout before work. That should help with going to bed earlier. I will still need to find a new routine besides eating. I know that is my weak time of the day so I can prepare for it.

MY first workout at the gym was good. There were only 3 other people on the weight training floor so i pretty much had the gym to myself. I am doing the aworkoutroutine.com beginner program which focuses on the big 6 compound lifts. You basically start out with the bar focussing on proper form and add 5 lbs each week. My whole body is sore from just lifting the bar this morning lol.

It’s nice when you have the gym to yourself :). Your routine sounds great. There’s so many different ones out there, but I hear the best one...is the one you stick to!

Your before and after photo from 5 years ago looks like way more than 45 pounds gone! Congrats on that loss. Just keep at it and the next 45 will be even more dramatic.
  • mikea2g
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Sunday weigh-in 1/13:

After reviewing my week, I’ve decided that it might not be good for me to be eating my exercise calories. I did go over more days than I liked but not by much unless I remove the exercise calories. Going to not include them this week and see what happens.

Are you eating all your exercise calories back? Or just partial? I tend to eat back approx 50% and that works for me. I’ve read through the forums and it seems to be very subjective on how much to eat back. Some people eat it all and do well with that. Most do around 50%.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Just went to test out what my bike ability is currently. I was able to ride 15 miles in just under an hour. I don’t think that was bad considering I didn’t have an actual goal or even what I was getting into. Almost all of my cardio usually comes from running/walking.
    Now that I saw that result I guess I need to research efficient training plans

Edit: I actual had no issues with the exercise. But bike seats are so uncomfortable. Butt-numbing uncomfortable. Haha

Sounds like an excellent starting point for your bike training! Maybe research padded bike seats as well!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    1/12
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 15+ miles biking

Sun: no
    Mon: yes
    Tue: yes
    Wed: no
    Thu: no
    Fri: no
    Sat: yes

There are more no’s than yes's there but it was actually a good week. My diet was very well balanced except Friday night. One of those no’s I still got a good workout in before going a little over in calories. Two of them I didn’t get to work out but I was way under in calories. Good progress.
    I am gonna have to lose 2 lbs a week for the next 7 weeks if I want to hit my short term goal before our Jamaican vacation. I know I may not hit that but I want to get as close as possible

Way to put everything into perspective!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    saskicpg wrote: »
    Weigh in Saturday: 263 lbs 🤦‍♀️

@saskicpg, Whoo hoo!! You have won the battle big time this week, with a massive four pound loss!! Congratulations on reversing the trend and getting yourself on track!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Abowersgirl
    Week 2
    PW 143.8
    CW 142.8

Slowing down once again!

It is slowing down, Stephanie, but you only weigh 140 ish pounds, so a one pound loss is absolutely perfect!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    January 11
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, c25k, turbofire, weights
    Steps: 12740
    Water: 64 oz

Week 3 day 1 of c25k training. It beat me, but although i had to take breaks in the running I made it to the end. I might end up repeating week 3 to get where i need to be, but I will do it.

No shame in repeating a week. It'll benefit you in the long run as far as the running is concerned, and in the meantime, you are still getting great cardio and a great calorie burn!
  • PhatStax69
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Sunday weigh-in 1/13:

Are you eating all your exercise calories back? Or just partial? I tend to eat back approx 50% and that works for me. I’ve read through the forums and it seems to be very subjective on how much to eat back. Some people eat it all and do well with that. Most do around 50%.

I am eating some back, not all, but some. My calorie baseline says like 1500 calories or something crazy low for my body. I think 2300 to 2500 would be alright for me. I will monitor how things go and make adjustments if needed. I am using a wahoo chest hrm to calculate workout calories burned.
  • khadl07
    khadl07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Last weeks weight: 294.6
    Today's weight: 289.4

I have joined a challenge in my hometown. I got an instant pot for Christmas and it has really helped me make some healthy choices! I will start doing personal training in the next month to train my body to look the way I want (toned). I have lost 36 lbs now. 4 more pounds and I will be down 40 since I started this journey. It is very hard for me to eat out of my "healthy" realm without gaining. My body just seems extra sensitive. I have also been drinking 3-32 oz jugs of water each day which my body is loving! Here's to the next 4 lbs to be down 40 lbs officially!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    January 12
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no
    Travel day / rest day
    Steps: 5163
    Water:88 oz
This discussion has been closed.