Exercise: 50 minutes yoga
    Water: 9 cups
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Last: 252.6
    This: 252.3

Disappointing after what I thought was a pretty good week. Oh well. On to next week
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jan. 25 Weigh In Day
    Last week 235.4
    Today 234 (-1.4)

Just an observation from counting calories on mfp. By the numbers I should have lost double what I did. I know i started the gym but id say muscle gain would be on average of .25 lbs per week. I use a hrm chest strap to count my workout calories. I have my eating calories set to lose 2 lbs a week. I have my activity level set to sedentary. I only eat half of my calores that i burn back. I work out two to three hours a day 6 days a week. I just wonder how hard it will be to lose weight the closer i get to my goal and then to maintain it. I was watching some videos on youtube about the biggest loser contestants and how they gained their weight back and more in some cases. They had to eat like 800 calories less than a normal person their same weight just to maintain. Oh what a journey. Any way I am glad for another loss this week.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    To the Friday weigh-ins so far - You guys are doing awesome!

Mini Challenge
    Thursday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: no
    I should have pushed myself to exercise yesterday but I had company over most of the day and I just didn't feel like doing anything after everyone left. My daughter made sugar cookie bars and they were amazing. I didn't go too over board but they made me thirsty for soda. If I had exercised I would've stayed under.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    PhatStax69 wrote: »
    Jan. 25 Weigh In Day
    Last week 235.4
    Today 234 (-1.4)

Just an observation from counting calories on mfp. By the numbers I should have lost double what I did. I know i started the gym but id say muscle gain would be on average of .25 lbs per week. I use a hrm chest strap to count my workout calories. I have my eating calories set to lose 2 lbs a week. I have my activity level set to sedentary. I only eat half of my calores that i burn back. I work out two to three hours a day 6 days a week. I just wonder how hard it will be to lose weight the closer i get to my goal and then to maintain it. I was watching some videos on youtube about the biggest loser contestants and how they gained their weight back and more in some cases. They had to eat like 800 calories less than a normal person their same weight just to maintain. Oh what a journey. Any way I am glad for another loss this week.

I saw something similar regarding biggest loser. I think the main point was losing weight as fast as they did causes the problems. Not necessarily losing weight in general. I could be wrong.

Regarding the math of CICO. I think it works best when applied over a larger time frame. I’ve had weeks of gain, .5 pound loss and 4.5 pound loss while the math said I should lose about 2-2.5 pounds per week.

Over the last 6 months I’ve lost 2.6 pounds per week on average. So over 6 months CICO math worked great for me. On a weekly basis, not so much. Just keep plugging away and if you’re consistent, the math will work out in the longer term.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    PhatStax69 wrote: »
    Jan. 25 Weigh In Day
    Last week 235.4
    Today 234 (-1.4)

I saw something similar regarding biggest loser. I think the main point was losing weight as fast as they did causes the problems. Not necessarily losing weight in general. I could be wrong.

Regarding the math of CICO. I think it works best when applied over a larger time frame. I’ve had weeks of gain, .5 pound loss and 4.5 pound loss while the math said I should lose about 2-2.5 pounds per week.

Over the last 6 months I’ve lost 2.6 pounds per week on average. So over 6 months CICO math worked great for me. On a weekly basis, not so much. Just keep plugging away and if you’re consistent, the math will work out in the longer term.

So there's some new ideas out there that are suggesting that calorie restriction by itself isn't going to produce lasting results. You really need to learn how to eat better, meaning you need to make better food choices, you know more nutrient dense foods, not like just eating a donut for breakfast, that type of thing. Restricting calories becomes a bit easier when you're not choosing foods that lack proper nutrition and you'll feel fuller and better in general. And the idea behind the 1-2 lbs a week for it being healthy weight loss is more that it helps you take your calories down a little a time which for most people is more sustainable over time as you're making gradual chances to your daily routine.
    The thing with BL show was that they cut them down to like 500-800 calories a day and had them exercising basically constantly, and that will lead to weight loss in the short term, but it's not sustainable and doesn't teach them how to live. Now if you lose a little faster than 1-2 lbs a week, that's not really necessarily a cause for concern as you can lose more some weeks than others and you're not really necessarily losing too fast, unless you just feel awful, in which case, you may be losing too fast, everyone is different.
    And sadly, what they really did to those contestants was really awful and it's really no wonder why they gained the weight back and then some...I think the take away was really how they did it, and not really how fast they lost it. They really cut them down to eating like nothing and had them exercising like 8+ hours a day....and that's not really a great idea...and so basically they broke their metabolism, meaning it was slower than someone else with that same body chemistry, which is why they'd need to eat less than someone of similar composition.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Jan 24

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday no
    Thursday yes
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week: 4
    Weight in day:Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 145
    Today’s weight: 144.8
    😮
    I let go when I rest in silent awareness

“Every day and in every possible way, I trust my intuition and the powers of my subconscious.”

January 24
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    Much needed rest day back to work after my assault and feeling tired 😴
    Steps: 5399
    Water:96 oz
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    Previous weight: 194.2
    Current weight: 196

Menstruation hit me bad this week, a small blip yesterday and I expect this is mostly water weight (usually up to 4lbs) so I should be great next week if I keep it up :)
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Jan 25
    Tracked- yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - yes
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    WEIGH IN
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting weight on 7/25/2018: 309
    September start weight: 290
    October start weight: 279
    November start weight: 264.7
    December start weight: 254.8
    January start weight: 247.5
    -————————————-
    Previous Week's weight: 240.7
    Today's Weight: 238.7

6 months and 70 pounds gone! 13.7 pounds until goal weight. Even though I still have the “trouble spots” left and I want the to reach my goal number; I’ve really switched gears in my mind from fat loss to fitness. It feels good! :)

Congrats!!! This is awesome!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Friday, January 25, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 20 minutes light elliptical / 10 minute stretching / 30 minutes weight lifting (leg day) / 30 minute walk / 2 hours working in the yard.
    Steps as of posting: 20,266
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1/25:
    Tracking: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 25 min shoveling 30 min aerobics
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Sorry bizgirl26
    Weigh in Friday 161.2
    I cant seem to move this number . I need to reevaluate
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    Abowersgirl
    Week 4
    PW 142
    CW 142.6

A small blimp, sorry guys 😫😫 cravings hit me hard last night and I resisted for like, 2 hours until I finally gave in. My TOM is due next week and I tend to get mad cravings a couple days in advance
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    Jan 25

Tracked yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday no
    Thursday yes