• SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Friday 1/4/19
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I need to work on my wine intake. I have 2-3 glasses in the evening and that’s 300 Calories on it’s own. 😩😩
  • djcarswelljc14
    djcarswelljc14 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Username: djcarswelljc14
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 148
    Todays Weight: 148
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Friday 1/4/19

I need to work on my wine intake. I have 2-3 glasses in the evening and that’s 300 Calories on it’s own. 😩😩

If you really enjoy it then make it fit! Maybe just one less glass. That’s a lot right there! Don’t give it up if you love it, you’ll miss it! I have that issue with sweets. Have to fit in a bit or I’ll miss it and over indulge.

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Friday 1/4/19

@SaletaS I have moderation issues, so for me it has to be all or nothing...I'm just one of those kinds of people.
    BUT maybe you could try cutting one glass out, at least 2 days a week, and see if that helps, start small and then mentally you'll start feeling like you need it less and less, and then maybe go to cutting a glass out of your day 3 days a week, making gradual change can help over the long term...if you cut 2 glasses of wine out a week, that can go a long way to reducing total weekly intake...think of it this way.....your daily totals add to your weekly totals, and usually people find it easier to reduce daily intake to meet weekly calorie goals, but some people eat normal for 6 days and fast a whole day to make up the difference, and in the long run, it works, so maybe try reducing it just a couple days a week and then go from there...I really feel like you have to find what works for you and if 2 glasses of wine a day works, then go for it, but if it doesn't, make some changes and see how it works...everyone is different and what works for me might not work for you, it's really about figuring out your body :smile:
    Maybe that makes sense, I hope it makes sense...
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Jan Week 1
    PW 175.9
    CW 177.3
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily post: 04.01
    Track: Yes
    Calories: no, over by 367 kcal :(
    Exercise: Yes, ca 8.2 km walking

I constantly overeat by ca 150-350kcal with unplanned snacks. It feels that if I won't be able to have a snack, I'll die of hunger. Despite eating 4xday good, healthy, balanced & tasty meals. Rather than hunger, the snacking is more about boredom and bad habits I have to win. Somehow :/

Gum! It works for me. When you walk in the kitchen for that unnecessary snack again, stick a piece of gum in your mouth instead. It usually helps me out for a while once a day. I can easily snack from sun up to sun down everyday. In the evening I use my crafting hobbies to keep my hands busy and my mind off of food. If you have anything you can use that way it can work well!

What a simple, but great idea! Thank you @batgirl140 ! I went to kitchen right away and put gum, where I can see it :)
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    I constantly overeat by ca 150-350kcal with unplanned snacks. It feels that if I won't be able to have a snack, I'll die of hunger. Despite eating 4xday good, healthy, balanced & tasty meals. Rather than hunger, the snacking is more about boredom and bad habits I have to win. Somehow :/

@Ver9nika Honeslty, I used to have the snack problem and I just started with snacks that were low in calories and measure out the right portion and eat it slowly, you'll be surprised after the mental tricks how much easier it is. I used to (and on occasion still do when I have that stretch where I just don't feel like I'll make it without food) and I'll eat 4 pickle spears, it's 20 calories and eating them really slow, it helps me bridge that mental gap (because it's mental, your body isn't really hungry, there's hormones at play here that are tricking you into eating), and really just about any veggie will work, I use pickles because it's easy to pull a few out of the jar, but you can use carrots, broccoli, celery, etc...it's really about the trick, you're eating something, but it's low in calories and healthy.

Thank you @AB0215 :) pickles are the good idea! I've tried raw veggies and fruits, but they make ma hungry, i.e. after several carrots or apples or similar, I crave for soft, warm food. Pickles are not so hard and crunchy and might do the trick :)
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi All,

Happy rainy Saturday from NY!

Username:mg07030
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 143
    CW: 143

This is a trend for the last 2 weeks. Although I did a lot of spin and weights the last week/ I do have DOMS today- but hopefully next week I’ll see a whoosh. I notice a pattern of staying the same for 2 weeks and then a loss. I think I’m going to dip my carbs low to change it up this week.

Have an awesome day!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Username: Batgirl140
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes! Mild afternoon so we went on a family hike. Boys like to make it an adventure. Not a lot but very fun!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily stats:

Tracked: yes
    Calories : under
    Exercise- took a day off - my muscles are aching.
    Back to soulcycle tomorrow- there is a Madonna themed workout. Hehe.

Making some chili and recuperating. My cat is chilling out with me waiting for a lil ground beef to make it into his dish. :)

Goal- drink more water, give my dry skin some attn.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have given up all junk food and processed sugar with my new healthy way of eating. However, a great snack that will satisfy your sugar cravings without wrecking your macros are Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch bars. They are high in protein, low in carbs and low in sugar.....190 calories. They taste a lot like a Snickers bar and are very filling. Another similar snack is the Slimfast Keto meal bar....not as high protein but low net carbs and high fiber. Both my doctor and dietitian said the ingredients in both bars are good.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 168.6
    Cw 169.6
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have given up all junk food and processed sugar with my new healthy way of eating. However, a great snack that will satisfy your sugar cravings without wrecking your macros are Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch bars. They are high in protein, low in carbs and low in sugar.....190 calories. They taste a lot like a Snickers bar and are very filling. Another similar snack is the Slimfast Keto meal bar....not as high protein but low net carbs and high fiber. Both my doctor and dietitian said the ingredients in both bars are good.
    The ingredients in the Slimfast Keto bars are pretty good actually, (not the atkins one though, those ingredients aren't good) they're focused on the keto diet so they're higher in fat than protein and in doing that, they really focus on using better ingredients, the fat bombs are sooo good, however I gave up all of that this month with my back to basics theme, my whole unprocessed foods, but I really do like them.
  • AB0215
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 258
    CW: 256

@digger61 Awesome!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Daily post: Saturday, January 5th

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 60 min HIIT Arc Training & 40 min Inclined Treadmill Walk

Comments/Goals: Recouping from sickness--I think the endorphins from my cardio helped quite a bit, hopeful that tomorrow I'm 100% again.

I didn't eat on plan today, although I stayed under calories, I didn't hit my macros at all--way too much carbs, hardly any protein and some junk food (chips and chocolate). So, my goals this week are, to stick to macros and start back up with my 5/2 fasting on Tues. and Thurs. also trying to carb cycle---I did that Christmas week and had a nice loss.

HAPPY SATURDAY :)<3 --- keep up the 👊🏼🔥commitment! 🙌!!!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, Just light walking and playing with the kiddos
  • CindyJNC1963
    edited January 2019
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    The ingredients in the Slimfast Keto bars are pretty good actually, (not the atkins one though, those ingredients aren't good) they're focused on the keto diet so they're higher in fat than protein and in doing that, they really focus on using better ingredients, the fat bombs are sooo good, however I gave up all of that this month with my back to basics theme, my whole unprocessed foods, but I really do like them.

Yeah, I saw those Atkins ones.....they went right back on the shelf.....ha ha. Pretty sure I don't want to try a fat bomb. I do try to keep my fat intake fairly low.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: January 5th

Calories under goal:
    Yes
    Exercise: 2 1/2 mile walk with my neighbor
This discussion has been closed.