• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Username: InshapeCK
    January Week 4
    PW: 142.9 pounds
    CW: 142.5 pounds

Down 0.4 pounds in a week.
    Still re-losing weight I had gained back.
    Still need to lose 0.7 pounds to get back down to my December 19th weight of 140.8 pounds.

Goal was to get back down to 141.3 pounds today so missed my goal again, this time missed it by 0.2 pounds which I know isn't much but I have been bouncing around the lower 140s for awhile so I am ready to push on and to see 139.9 at some point!
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, Gutbusters!

It's Week 4, and we've got 5 weeks in our January competition, which means all of us have a little more time before this month is in the books.

I'm reaching for a good Question of the Week, and I wondered if any of you have ideas? What are you thinking about as we get close to finishing out this month?
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm reaching for a good Question of the Week, and I wondered if any of you have ideas? What are you thinking about as we get close to finishing out this month?

Just a thought ... As we are almost at the end of January, lots of "resolution" people have quit their January 1st goal, what is keeping you going?
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent Bike - 45 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Options

Just a thought ... As we are almost at the end of January, lots of "resolution" people have quit their January 1st goal, what is keeping you going?

Ooh, I like this! For me, it's that it feels so good now to exercise and work on building strength . I want to lose fat so I can better see and feel how my fitness has improved. That's a far cry from my motivation when I started, which was entirely about preventing metabolic -related illnesses.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    For me, it's been MFP that has kept me holding on! This group and the UAC have been an amazing tool to keep me thinking throughout the day about healthy choices and getting my exercise in. When I started this new lifestyle, I couldn't ride the bike for 5 minutes without being out of breath. Now I ride at least 30 minutes a day and today I did 45 minutes!!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Kkmark
    January Week 4
    PW:162.2
    CW:163.1
    Have colleagues at work from different state have been going out for lunch 😏
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Just a thought ... As we are almost at the end of January, lots of "resolution" people have quit their January 1st goal, what is keeping you going?[/quote]

Nice question! I pretty much started my resolution in December.... essentially not wanting to finish the year having put on even more over the holidays. So January has just been an extension and improvement. I definitely think weighing in here, accountability to you all and knowing I have to be honest in what I'm reporting on here. Kind of like a WW meeting without all the hassle. More mindful and daily exercise which I've kept up this month.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »

It's Week 4, and we've got 5 weeks in our January competition, which means all of us have a little more time before this month is in the books.

Favourite dinner meal. I'm getting stuck for ideas

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    As we are almost at the end of January, lots of "resolution" people have quit their January 1st goal, what is keeping you going?
    My biggest goal is seeing my mother in law for the first time in April. We r going overseas as a family and will be swimming every day. I want to lose my tummy fat (6.5cm to go).
    A lesser goal is my husband is more serious in losing weight (he is overweight, I'm not). He wants me to start cooking Asian food as that has helped him lose weight before. (I'm currently cooking lots of spaghetti bol, chilli con carne with veggies but he likes it so much the portions r huge. He hates Chinese so he eats less!).
    Another goal is my friend, whose obese, is losing weight seriously now. As we might be walking buddies I want to be healthy with her.
    Another is next to nil sugar as I don't want dental bills for my family.
    Another is my gp might ask about my exercise next visit. I do need to exercise a bit more than I have so far.
    What's stopping me? I'm on medicine that makes me hungry. Cost of lean meats and fruit is expensive. The heat for exercise. Children who need high fat foods.

• caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Caitlynns727
    Weigh-in: Wednesday
    Week 4
    Previous: 172.4
    Current: 171.2

Sorry I'm late! With MLK day this week I completely forgot what day it was.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning, folks! Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@Stimpy56

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 4
    PW:
    CW:

QOTW: Same here, @Zimborunner. I like your comparison to WW except without the hassle! So right!

@12Sarah2015, me too. I'd like some suggestions for dinner meals. I'd also like the time to be able to cook a nice meal instead of just pulling something together at 4 p.m. LOL! Those are all great goals to work toward.

Have a great day!
    Bonnie :)
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 24
    Exercised?: Yes. (5km in 40 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Been hectic at work over the last few weeks, so have not been posting. (Have been to Brisbane for work, twice, drone racing on weekends, birthdays, social functions, and organising to rescue a local drone racing club).

Still been tracking and walking and exercising.

Only one pass day and that was because of lack of exercise. Still tracked and in budget every day.

In fact, have been too far UNDER budget and am a little on the light side at the moment (about 1kg - or 2lbs) under my comfortable minimum.

Will try get back to posting and reading more often.

Expecting 44C (111F) temperatures tomorrow.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    January Week 4
    SW: 249.6
    Previous Weight: 240.0
    Current weight: 239.0

Goodbye 240's, Hello 230's! Not a bad loss for not going to the gym the last 2 days, as I pulled a muscle in my back. I am still keeping up my good eating habits and meeting my 1 pound loss per week goal.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    That's awesome, @Stimpy56!! Congrats on your hard work!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent Bike - 25 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    January Week 4 Weigh-In
    Previous: 159.2
    Current: 159.8

I'm determined to never see the 160s again. I made a couple meh decisions this week but that thought gave me the willpower in a couple tempting situations. Pants are feeling looser!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »

Favourite dinner meal. I'm getting stuck for ideas

@12Sarah2015 I like chicken fajitas - basically just the chicken, spices, a whole bag of frozen pepper strips, and onion. I also like my pseudo bibimbap - carrot strip, zucchini strips, onion, ground turkey, soy sauce and sriracha -- super tasty to me! I have some other less spicy ideas if you're interested too
This discussion has been closed.