Replies

• daisytripp
    daisytripp Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    daisytripp
    January Week 2
    PW 207
    CW 204.3

Yay!!!! Thanks for being such a motivating community to be a part of - it's working!
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Daily post 09.01.19

Tracked - yes
    Exercise - 6km walk
    Calories - 300 over because I binged on sunflower seeds of all things, but at least stuck to 130g carbs.
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, only 30 minutes but with three kids in a full-time job 30 minutes is usually my Norm
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Daily post. Jan. 9th
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over 145 - I'm screwing around.
    Exercise: No. Had a minor medical procedure today. Exercise was not advised.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @leni1us great tracking though! At least you know where it got you!
    @12774 & @mrs1spy everyone is getting to swim today! I am slightly jealous! ;) great job on keeping the sugar at bay too mrs1spy!
    @daisytripp Woot! Awesome loss! Getting super close to onederland!
    @rekvar12 keep up those nice walks everyday!
    @shanteel612 What are you talking about??? 3 kids IS a workout in itself! Keep it going!
  • mram3582
    Options
    @starshine15 I hope all went well on your medical procedure. It is hard to stay in calories if you can't exercise too!
  • mram3582
    Options
    Daily Post: 01/09 Wednesday
    Calories: under-barely,....by like 2 or something
    exercise: no
    Daily goal: Kill Crites! It is almost...tomorrow!
  • mram3582
    Options
    Almost forgot to put up a question of the week this week. OK. Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What made you finally decide to make a change for you health?
  • mram3582
    Options
    Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What made you finally decide to make a change for you health? I personally had to go on Prednisone for 2 yrs and gained 100lbs. The second I got off and my crazy sugar craving were gone I started dropping immediately. I decided to get on mfp to speed along the process and it did the trick. I have lost all my rapidly gained weight and I am back where I started, so now I get to lose the rest of it.....the hard part! :) I will also NEVER go on Prednisone again either. It was what I imagine having uncontrolled diabetes feels like even when I am not diabetic...the sugar spikes and drops are horrendous and it permanently changed my sleeping patterns.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Daily Post: 01/09 Wednesday
    Calories: under-barely,....by like 2 or something
    Daily goal: Kill Crites! It is almost...tomorrow!

Under is still better than over! Let me know if you need any help with your goal and I'll send Ug to help. ;)
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: January 9th
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 40 minute kettlebell workout
    Last night's sleep: 7 hours
    Today's water intake: 56 ounces
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Daily post JANUARY 9
    Track- YES
    Calories; UNDER
    exercise; WATER AEROBICS
  • mram3582
    Options
    @WA_Teacher great workout, lots of sleep, loads of water....you're doing fantastic! And, I am surprised someone actually got that reference...I was going to put up something about the "Hungry Heifer Cafe" but I didn't want someone to miss the reference and get all offended :# I'm reusing references now because I'm too busy to think up new ones that people will actually get. Otherwise, you'd be learning about Kenders and other obscure book references.
    @Cindyk4919 Fabulous day! You're like the 3rd or 4th person that got to go swimming today too! I wish I could go swimming!
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Exercise: Yes- 24 minute Hip Hop abs
    Goals/Day: Pretty good day.. Not giving in to late night snacking is pretty tough, but coffee does seem to help. I'm glad that coffee doesn't keep me up at night.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, 1/9
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day: Tomorrow is a luncheon I need to attend. Goal is to stay away from the bread and pasta salads and go for the mixed green salads and lean protein.
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What made you finally decide to make a change for you health?
    A few things played factor in me wanting to make a change.. I wanted to get healthy for my children and to be a better role model to them in hopes that they wanted to eat healthier and get exercise too- especially for my daughter because she already suffers with her self image even at her young age. Another reason is someone told me that I couldn't lose the weight, because I wouldn't stick to anything. Well I know that I can do anything that put my mind to! (within reason lol)
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday 9th
    Calories: Under but used 50 exercise calories
    Exercise: Yes. 2 hrs stairs, walking & weights. I’m up to 100 stairs/day 🙂⭐️
    Goals/Day: Copy and paste today, tomorrow
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Almost forgot to put up a question of the week this week. OK. Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What made you finally decide to make a change for you health?

This past summer, it really hit me just how long I have been "trying" to lose weight. I haven't been at my goal weight since 2008. I finally realized that I would be overweight and unhappy the rest of my life if I don't do something NOW. Every time I want to slack off and give up, I remind myself of all the time I have already wasted, being unhappy about my weight. I don't want to add to it.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    What caused me to adopt a healthy lifestyle is when I realized how difficult it was to get a fashionable dress to attend my niece's wedding. I weighed 239.1lbs and my dress size inched up to size 22. I did not want my family to see being so obese, because I was always kinda sassy in my younger years. I was shocked! .It was very depressing. I decided to walk in the park but I could not do more than 30 mins before my knees started to ache. I walked for 1 month straight and during that time I gradually started to lose weight and then I decided to see a Nutritionist who directed me to a path of healthy eating and to start going to the gym . I always had a gym membership at the Y but I never went.I lost about 45 lbs and regained a few but I have promised myself that I will never let myself go in that direction again. I have continued to go to the gym 3-5 days and maintain a healthy diet . I am now feel very sexy wearing size 14-16. My goal weight is 175lbs (20 lbs to lose) which I am aiming to achieve by June this year.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Daily Post..Jan/10
    Track..Yes
    Cal ...Under
    Exercise. Yes. It was cold and windy but I still walked the park for 20 mins
This discussion has been closed.