Options

Replies

• mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, gym (30 minutes weights and 25 minutes cardio)
    Goal: I'll stay with my "no sugar" goal as it's the biggest challenge for me (4 days now)
  • mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Almost forgot to put up a question of the week this week. OK. Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What made you finally decide to make a change for you health?

Since I've got my son and started a new job I've put on about 25 lbs and I can't fit most of my old clothes. And I've reached my limit then I saw 182 lbs on my scales (I was like that on 9th month of my pregnancy).

So I want to say a massive thank you to our capitan to be so involved and supportive and everyone in Fub-u-less team. It's so much easier to deal with my hunger and laziness with all of you 🙌🙌🙌
    Thank you ☺️
  • ghy5
    ghy5 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1/5. PW= 198.4
    CW=195.2
    GW=160
    Tracked=yes
    Calories=yes under
    Exercise=yes
    1/6=194.0 WHAT? Wow!
    Tracked=yes
    Calories=yes under
    Exercise= yes Guess Keto is working
    1/7=193.9
    Tracked=yes
    Calories=yes
    Exercise=yes
    1/8= Tracked=yes
    Calories=yes
    Exercise=yes
    1/9=Tracked=yes
    Calories=yes under
    Exercise=yes
    1/10=Tracked=yes
    Calories=under
    Exercise=yes,bike 1hr wow...walk
    As for the reason that I began this journey:My walking was getting worse so if the weight lessens MAYBE,walking &standing will be better. I have been honestly trying since March ,only now am I seeing that scale move more quickly. Successes do keep the motivation high.So,keeping on,keeping on

• rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Almost forgot to put up a question of the week this week. OK. Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What made you finally decide to make a change for you health?

It's always good to read others' stories. <3

Here goes mine:

Hypothyroidism. But that's not the only thing. I was still stuck in the "I'm never going to lose any weight" phase when I casually installed MFP a few months back, and decided to log everything to get an idea of how much I eat. That worked better than I expected, and in the process I started realizing how I used to feel before I started chronically bingeing. I think the past few months have been more about better mental and physical health than a number on the scale (who am I kidding, I need the numbers for motivation ;) ).

I used to be somewhat thin (BMI 20-21) until 5 years back. As weird as it sounds, I'm comfortable staying slightly overweight now as long as I feel healthy. But I think I'll lose more until I get to the optimal weight range because it's just too easy to fall off this particular wagon.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @cdavisdeva ALL things can be accomplished through a healthy channeling of some rage! o:);)>:) I've done it a time or two too! :# Just make sure that it ends with a good slap of "take that 'cause I told you so!"
    @lk2011 It WAS a good day! Tomorrow is gonna be a good day too!
    @RisingAboveIt get it off before it gets any worse was my sentiments exactly too! You've got this under control though!
    @12774 You're making amazing progress! 65 lbs is no joke! And yes, it was VERY cold this morning when I went for my walk. Good job pushing through it!
    @mrs1spy You're doing fantastic! You'll have that weight off in no time! I wouldn't still be here if it weren't for all the wonderful people either!
    @ghy5 It DOES get better! I didn't realize just how bad my walking, speed and posture had gotten until I dropped 50lbs and was like "WHOA!!" I remember how it feels now! That in itself is all the motivation I need...just that reminder of what normal does feel like.
    @rekvar12 Yeah, mental and physical health are so intertwined that I am not even sure that you can fully have one without the other. And yes, it totally makes my day when I get up and I have lost weight again....complete motivation!
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Daily post 10.01.18

Tracked - yes
    Exercise - walked 3.5 km
    Calories - 200 over and suuuper late-night dinner because deadline.

Goal for tomorrow: get back to early dinners
  • mram3582
    Options
    Daily Post: 01/10 Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes 4.2miles 70 min walk...at the butt crack of dawn when it was OH SO cold (gonna whine about it a little)
    Daily goal: Hand out participation trophies at the storm trooper firing range. Tomorrow-yes please, I'll take another!
  • mram3582
    Options
    Quite a few TGIFers weighing in tomorrow:
    @ghy5
    @leni1us
    @lk2011
    @mrs1spy
    @spinnerkind
    @Suezq72760

Have a wonderful start to the weekend everyone!
  • mram3582
    Options
    @starshine15 Woot! Diabetes controlled AND 1.25miles!! That is a HUGE accomplishment and something that will only get better and better for you! I'm so glad that the pain has stopped for you too! Speed and duration will come with time and nice weather should only be a month or two away. I'm anticipating the nice weather too!
  • mram3582
    Options
    @cindyk4919 Congrats on joining a gym! Sweat it off and say good-bye to that old era! IT IS GONE....GONE!!
  • spinnerkind
    spinnerkind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in (Friday)
    Name: spinnerkind
    Pw: 82.8 kg (182,5 lbs)
    Cw: 80 kg (176.4 lbs)

So,luckily, the problem last week was indeed my scale and not my own misperception *relieved* also a little loss compared to the week before.

Personal challenge for next week: cut sugar! I usually hardly eat any sweets but during the last two weeks chocolate was difficult to resist.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, 1/10
    Track: No
    Calories: I don't know
    Exercise: Yes. Walked at lunch today. Right now I'm sitting at 12,021 steps
    Goals/Day: Drink water!
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Daily post - 10th January
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes - 1 hour @ gym - cardio & weights

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Jan. 10
    Track: couldn't - server error on MFP
    Calories: I'm guessing under
    Exercise: Yes: 15 min walk

Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What made you finally decide to make a change for your health? Type 2 Diabetes. My HA1c crept up to 6.5, which put me in diabetic range. This really threw me for a loop, since my diabetes was non-existent post gastric bypass surgery. In the past 4 months my HA1c has dropped down to 6.3 - a huge improvement. I thank MFP and therapy for this improvement in my health. I also wanted to be able to walk more than 10 minutes without my back hurting or getting tired. I'm now using trekking poles and the back pain has stopped! In nicer weather, I got up to 1.25 miles...a huge accomplishment for me.

5:32a.m. 1/11 MFP now working... amended from 1/10:
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No, over 44
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Is anyone else having more trouble with MFP tracking. I keep getting a server error and that they're working on it. It was working at 5:30a.m., but not now at 7:05am EST.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,693 Member
    Options
    Suezq72760
    Week 2
    PW: 153.9
    CW: 152.7
    Week of all day meetings at work so only averaged about 4,000 steps per day. I DID manage to avoid the inevitable platter of donuts and bagels though and that seems to have paid off. So Happy It's Friday!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,693 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in (Friday)
    Name: spinnerkind
    Pw: 82.8 kg (182,5 lbs)
    Cw: 80 kg (176.4 lbs)

So,luckily, the problem last week was indeed my scale and not my own misperception *relieved* also a little loss compared to the week before.

Personal challenge for next week: cut sugar! I usually hardly eat any sweets but during the last two weeks chocolate was difficult to resist.

@spinnerkind Chocolate is ALWAYS hard to resist!! ;-D
This discussion has been closed.