January 2019!! Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• klawster
    klawster Posts: 7 Member
    Options

klawster wrote: »
    I am excited to start keto. I have been on IP but was struggling with the selection or lack of it.

Sunday 01/06 start 191
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31. for those who want to finish the month!

Kim

• planj
    planj Posts: 118 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello .. I would like to join. I have half heartedly tried Keto in the past. I need to learn alot more about.

12.31 169.1
    01/08 168.6
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @goodfatsgirL
    If you are looking for some good info on keto I would suggest the Keto subreddit. They have a great, and very detailed FAQ.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
    I check their board every day for inspiration, and it's a great way to learn from people's experiences. I hope this helps but if you have questions everyone in this community is really helpful. We all want you to succeed!
  • basharath127
    basharath127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 01/01: 236
    Sunday 01/06: 227
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Got derailed from family stress. Damn beer, lol. Happens to the best of us, I guess.
    Tuesday 01/01 - 258
    Sunday 01/06 - 263
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31
  • planj
    planj Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Re_Banana wrote: »
    @goodfatsgirL
    If you are looking for some good info on keto I would suggest the Keto subreddit. They have a great, and very detailed FAQ.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
    I check their board every day for inspiration, and it's a great way to learn from people's experiences. I hope this helps but if you have questions everyone in this community is really helpful. We all want you to succeed!

Thank you for your support and the keto information link!!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Had my shoulder surgery follow up yesterday. Five more weeks of arm in sling with minimal movement. However, my doc suggested a stationary recumbent if I insist on doing exercise. That way I’ll avoid the risk of falling and putting all the reconstructive surgery at risk. I reluctantly agree it is a smart idea, for someone of my age (69), to favor on the side of caution recovering from such an aggressive surgery.

So, for me it will be keto with aerobic exercise for another 5 weeks at least. I’m curious to see how high fat goes with recovery. In the few days I’ve been keto clean I’ve already noticed my skin is healthier and my mind is clearer. I’m also sure part of that is due to flushing out anesthesia and narcotics from my body.

I’m starting to really believe food is medicine. This whole surgery recovery is going to be a blessing in disguise if it works out like I think it will. I really hope keto becomes a way of life (WOE) for me instead of just a diet fad. One year down. How many to go????? I'm thinkin 31 :*
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    How do I edit my previous post? Or do I need to repost, then delete that one?
    Thanks!

There's a setting button in upper right corner of your post that will let you edit. However it's only there for one hour. If you don't see the button, touch the corner and it appears.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Had my shoulder surgery follow up yesterday. Five more weeks of arm in sling with minimal movement. However, my doc suggested a stationary recumbent if I insist on doing exercise. That way I’ll avoid the risk of falling and putting all the reconstructive surgery at risk. I reluctantly agree it is a smart idea, for someone of my age (69), to favor on the side of caution recovering from such an aggressive surgery.

So, for me it will be keto with aerobic exercise for another 5 weeks at least. I’m curious to see how high fat goes with recovery. In the few days I’ve been keto clean I’ve already noticed my skin is healthier and my mind is clearer. I’m also sure part of that is due to flushing out anesthesia and narcotics from my body.

I’m starting to really believe food is medicine. This whole surgery recovery is going to be a blessing in disguise if it works out like I think it will. I really hope keto becomes a way of life (WOE) for me instead of just a diet fad. One year down. How many to go????? I'm thinkin 31 :*

Funny how we have thoughts like that as we age. I just turned 65. I adopted a couple of kittens from a shelter in September. Then I saw the term "forever home" and started feeling kind of bad that I might not be giving them their "forever home". I might die 1st. :# Then I had a heart attack in October and really started questioning the wisdom of the adoption. They're so CUTE though. We do love them and hopefully can for a long time. :) I'll shoot for 35. ;)
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @kpk54: You, me and two 30+ year olds cats. I'm all in!
  • angtucker001
    angtucker001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for letting me a part of this group! I am also new to Keto so really appreciate this!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

at least 31 !!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for letting me a part of this group! I am also new to Keto so really appreciate this!

welcome and enjoy!