Replies

• leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    SW: 230
    CW: 211.8
    GW: 200(1st goal)

Tuesday 01/01: 211.8

I would like to reach my first goal by my birthday which is 2/26, but I won't let it get me down if I don't reach that goal.

Happy New Year Everyone!
  • jennymarie07
    jennymarie07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am exited to start this. I will be starting my Keto journey on Sunday, So will post my 1st weigh in on Monday. I have to wait until tomorrow Sunday to start, because payday is tomorrow so have to wait to stock up and then want to take Saturday to prep and start on Sunday. I am so looking forward to learning from all of you.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit apprehensive. Last year was so easy for me. I found keto in May and lost all my excess weight by the end of the year. Maintenance was so easy that I stopped tracking food and just weighed myself. I added a meal if my weight dropped too low, and deducted one if it was too high. Easy-peasy.

Then... caught a bad cold in December and started chugging OJ (100% carbs) and probably not in ketosis anymore. Find myself nibbling and gaining weight. Have gained five pounds which is triggering the apprehension. Mostly eating high protein, low carb, but not to the same extent as previously.

Getting this under control is going to be the first real test of my keto WOE - a new learning experience. Staying optimistic that I can reduce carb intakes.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear about your cold, @PaulaKro :(
    hope the anxiety-based eating resolves itself quickly and that the keto WOE comes back quickly. … that sounds like something i will end up facing as well (in a year or so if i can keep on keto-ing on and break through this slow rising plateau).
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Well; I've just checked on the spreadsheet and I weight 3.6 pounds more than I did last New Year and about 20 more than my lightest during the year! So anyhow, I knew this and had decided that when we got back from holiday as a start date and set myself on an eating and drinking self destruction weight wise: you know the way 'mmmm I'm going to start in the New Year so I'm going to eat and eat and eat now!' or am I the only idiot out there!
    We came back yesterday and I first thing I did was head to the shops and stock up and thus far I've been very good for a whole day. Now that may not sound a lot but the way I've been going since about September that's fine by me!

Tuesday 01/01. 165.
    Sunday 01/06
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31

Welcome to everyone who has just joined and hello and welcome back to the returning old faithfuls. Also Happy New Year to everyone. <3<3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I’ve been back and forth with keto lately ever since my wedding in April! I lost so much weight and it was so simple that first time! I’ve been back on and off a few times, but never quite committing as hard as I did before the wedding. Well, now it’s time again! I have been over-indulging enough lately! Time to get back on track!

SW: 175 (Oct 2018); 166 (Jan 2019)
    GW: 145

01/01- 166 lbs
    01/06-
    01/13-
    01/20-
    01/27-
    01/31-

The return of the old married lady! Hope all going well for you. Nice to see you back.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I'd love to get in on this challenge.
    I typically weigh in on Monday mornings, is that an issue?

No problem what's so ever, it's just a random way of doing it. If I'd had any sense when I set the day I'd have chosen a Friday as I typically weigh less before the dreaded weekend! :D
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @River_Goddess Back we go again, glad to see you and at least it's not all gone back on which is what I'm saying to myself too! Also we come back and start again, that's what counts o:)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @stormywxs288 Hope you are recovering and not in too much pain. I hear you about 'starting tomorrow' I'm soooo good at that one. Congratulations on your year I know you really changed your life in that time so don't let the surgery get you down. <3
  • jmreeves1987
    jmreeves1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I am on board as of Sunday 6th :)

One question, most places i look, recipes are often low calorie 1-2 servings, which i understand.

I want to eat around 2000cals across 3 meals. One being a 700cal smoothie so need two meals around 650 cals each. Because of time, i need to meal prep at weekends (make around 14 portions). Does anyone know any good resources to find high calorie meal prep type recipes? Struggling as it seems to be the opposite of what most people want Keto for!

Thanks guys :)
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Keto friends! Looking forward to 2019 f and the continuation of the Keto lifestyle I started in March 2018. We had 23 friends stay with us over the course of 2018. While I feel very lucky and honored to have people I love visit me and my family, it does present a bit of a disruption. I've been eating and drinking whatever I want since Thanksgiving but I've managed to keep my weight loss - I don't know how!

This year is about getting my blood pressure under control. I'll be eating clean Keto, consuming plant-based fats over animal fat, and making exercise a priority. I'm not sure I will attempt to log my food every day - it takes a surprising amount of time. But, if you are just starting Keto I highly recommend you log your food for at least 2 months.

My daughter starts school this week @ 3 days a week. I'm planning on doing OMAD (one meal a day) on two of those days. My tenets this year are: Hydration, Vegetables, Fish, Exercise, Marriage, & Focused Play.

For a quicker way to track ive been using the Stupud Simple Keto app. Not as precise but easier.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @jmreeves1987 if you check out the diet doctor site they have lots of recipes and the calorie count as well as the carb and fat etc is given for each.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @jmreeves1987 the other thing you can look at, along with doubling/tripling the recipes for the smaller serving sizes, is to make casseroles and use them throughout the week. it won't necessarily reach your calorie requirement, but several of the ones i make are in the 400-500/serving (at 12 - 15 servings per casserole). you could use larger serving sizes for a higher count per serving or, as is probably more reasonable, have room for another something snack with it.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of clean keto, logging and intermittent fasting. I'm starting with bulletproof and doing high fat, keto by-the-book before I ease back into my own middle-road version of things. I'm more of a moderate fat keto-er but figure I'll just get through the transition to ketosis before easing off.!
    Hi @River_Goddess - So nice to see you back. Your positive attitude is so inspiring.

I also need to get back into keto (took a break to recover from a cold). Can you help me? What is "bulletproof" - is that basically high fat and no carb? If there are any other nuances, they would be great to know.

Thanks!
  • Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    First actual day of keto/intermittent fasting going well. No hunger pangs, adding extra fat but oddly enough still a low calorie count! Feeling optimistic.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    I'm on Day 2 of clean keto, logging and intermittent fasting. I'm starting with bulletproof and doing high fat, keto by-the-book before I ease back into my own middle-road version of things. I'm more of a moderate fat keto-er but figure I'll just get through the transition to ketosis before easing off.!
    Hi @River_Goddess - So nice to see you back. Your positive attitude is so inspiring.

I also need to get back into keto (took a break to recover from a cold). Can you help me? What is "bulletproof" - is that basically high fat and no carb? If there are any other nuances, they would be great to know.

Thanks!

Bulletproof is just a brand/marketed keto diet. I don't actually ascribe to it, other than I like to do the bulletproof recipe for coffee in my first week of keto adaptation. Only because I find the high fat content satisfying while detoxing off sugar. I'll do a big coffee blended with butter & mct oil each morning for 2-3 days while switching over to keto. It's by no means a keto necessity, it's quite caloric which is why I only do it for a few days when rebooting.
  • klawster
    klawster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am excited to start keto. I have been on IP but was struggling with the selection or lack of it.

Sunday 01/06
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31. for those who want to finish the month!

Kim
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My lunch for today. So good. Cheddar cheese wrap with baby spinach and baby butter lettuce, cherub tomatoes, ny strip, and bacon with a little ranch and ancho morita hot sauce.