Options
    Started Keto: May 9, 2018
    Starting weight: 210.4
    Lowest Weight this Year (2018): 183.8
    (Loss of 25” and 26.6 Lbs!)

Achieved goals so far:
    See 185 by 10/19 - SUCCESS!
    Lose 25 Lbs - SUCCESS! 10/18
    Keep Lost weight OFF during this Holiday Season - Nope, I didn’t keep it all off, but I also didn’t gain it all back like last year, so I consider that a win!
    See 179 before Valentine’s Day (or at least before March 2019)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145

I’m back from vacation and ready to get back on the keto wagon! (Oh keto how I have missed you! I promise to not cheat again for a VERY long time!!!)

I want to start the year by working towards Valentine’s Day!

Sunday 01/06 - 193.4 lbs - whoops! Vacation hurt more than I thought it would! But I know I’ve got some bloating left from the travel so hopefully next week I will see a big drop. :smile:
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    My Sunday is back 200 grams gain is there, Still doing great. After a cheat day, I feel its good to back slowly this time I don't want to cheat or take a break.

SW - 114.7 kgs (252 Pounds)
    CW - 106.7 kgs (235 Pounds)
    GW - 70 kgs (155 Pounds)

Sunday 01/06 - 106.7 kgs
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    SW 184 (Sept 2017)

Tuesday 01/01. 165.
    Sunday 01/06. 161.08
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31

I know it's water weight but I'll take it especially as I didn't come back from holiday and start again until Thursday! The trick now is to keep going..........

@Iamsimpleguy Loved India by the way, we were in Tamil Nadu for the temples and then Kerela for the scenery and both areas for the food. I now know how to make paneer!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Iamsimpleguy Loved India by the way, we were in Tamil Nadu for the temples and then Kerela for the scenery and both areas for the food. I now know how to make paneer!

Really Nice, I hope you have good memories and some delicious tasty food there :)

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Down 0.6 pounds is a Non-Scale Victory (NSV) disguised as a small-scale victory. I’m recovering from shoulder surgery these first few weeks in January and most of my focus has been on that. My wife has been literally taking care of me as I recover. I must admit, I’m a high maintenance guy even without surgery???? My wife deserves full credit for any progress I achieve during this time.

I am a pain wimp! For that reason, I require narcotics to get me through recovery. Unfortunately, I am a narcotics wimp as well. I have terrible side-affects; nausea, hallucinations and mind numbness among them. It is a challenge for my poor wife to keep her own sanity during my recovery, much less maintain mine.

Anyway, I’m not making excuses, just stating facts. I hope to be off narcotics by next week. When I’m off narcotics I will shift my focus, (what is left of it), back to keto. I’m not trolling for sympathy here. However, if you want to have sympathy, show it for my wife. She will need all the help she can get weaning me off narcotics and back to strict keto.

• gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Started Keto Oct 1- 180.3
    Last weight in Dec- 171.9

Sunday 01/06- 170.7
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Started Keto: June 21, 2018
    Starting Weight: 167.4
    Sunday 12/30: 143.2
    Goal Weight: 141

Sunday 01/06: 140.0
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27

Back on track after the holidays and craving WATER. hahaha - I forgot how incredibly thirsty I was when I first started Keto. I felt like I couldn't drink enough. That's a good way to keep my water intake up. Happy New Year, all!!!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SW: 230 lbs
    GW: 140 lbs
    Shrt trm G: 195 lbs.

Tuesday 01/01. 221.2lbs
    Sunday 01/06 222
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,104 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 01/01 145.1 (lost some of the holiday weight 👍🏼)
    Sunday 01/06 - 144.8 (I bought a new scale that syncs with MFP) I need something to keep my honest, lol
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31. for those who want to finish the month!

• chambe3906
    chambe3906 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW: 201
    GW: 132
    Shrt trm G:159

Tuesday 01/01 201 lbs
    Sunday 01/06 195.2 lbs
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31

A lot of water weight lost this week, but very motivating to see the numbers drop!
  • THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Checking in! This week has been pretty good but I’m struggling to determine if I’m truly in ketosis? Thoughts on test strips?? 🤔I guess it’s just a little hard to trust the process sometimes! I am down a few pounds but have also been making a conscious effort to drink a tone more water and get up and move my body more during my workday!

Tuesday 01/01 -156 lbs
    Sunday 01/06 - 151lbs
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Checking in as well - I started IF the beginning of December with no change in diet (other than extra bad stuff during Christmas week) and didn't gain weight. I started Keto for the first time right after Christmas. I think I'm finally getting the hang of having very low carb. One thing I do notice is that since I'm doing IF and limiting carbs, I do NOT snack at night, which is huge for me. I always felt like I couldn't fall asleep on an empty stomach. Not sure if I'm in Ketosis yet, I've been nauseous, unable to sleep at night and today some stomach pain over the past couple of days. I've been drinking the zero carb Powerade to help. I'm going to order some test strips to see where I'm at. On 12/31 I happened to have some lab work which showed "trace ketones".

Start Date: 12/27/2018 SW: - 271.2

Sunday 01/06:- 269.00
    Sunday 01/13:
    Sunday 01/20:
    Sunday 01/27:
    Thursday 01/31:

Wishing you all a successful upcoming week!
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm female, age 24, 5' 5''
    Starting weight -154 (Sept 26th)
    Current weight -136
    Goal weight -around 119 (depends on image and haven't done any weights/resistance yet)

Monday 12/24 - 131 (Morning of cheat time start, which lasted 9 days. More than planned as gifted a lot of chocolate and cider, so also had cheat meals each day. Didn't track after this day)

Tuesday 01/02 - 139 (Went back on here and yep, 8lb gain. Mostly water but 2/3lb is fat as went overboard on cals. I found I preferred keto alternatives in the end. Potatoes are so boring in any form. Rice, pasta and noodles also boring. Cauliflower mash and rice is so much better. Zoodles are great for noodles and spaghetti. Good keto recipe for other pasta. Bread I still enjoyed. Had toast with jam each day. Need to try keto bread recipe for toast. The overall feel of carbs and sugar though wasn't good. I felt crummy and towards the end my headaches were coming back, so was good to end before the migraines kicked in. I was also looking forward to healthy food again. <3)

Sunday 01/06 - 136 (Water weight going down)
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
    Thursday 01/31.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Checking in! This week has been pretty good but I’m struggling to determine if I’m truly in ketosis? Thoughts on test strips?? 🤔

Opinions vary but generally they are thought to be not worth the money, having said that though I do occasionally use them when I've been off keto and when I start back, like now, I may use a couple as I bought them when I first started and they are the left overs! I rarely show much though and they just show what you have as 'leftovers' as you pee them out! Some people like the blood monitors but really, if you are really cutting back the carbs it has to work as you will no longer be burning sugar from carbs but your body will be working on the fats, that's why after a while we need to cut back on the fats we intake so that we run on some of the fat off our butts! As many say: trust the process!! :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Lucy17128 wrote: »
    Checking in as well - I started IF the beginning of December with no change in diet (other than extra bad stuff during Christmas week) and didn't gain weight. I started Keto for the first time right after Christmas. I think I'm finally getting the hang of having very low carb. One thing I do notice is that since I'm doing IF and limiting carbs, I do NOT snack at night, which is huge for me. I always felt like I couldn't fall asleep on an empty stomach. Not sure if I'm in Ketosis yet, I've been nauseous, unable to sleep at night and today some stomach pain over the past couple of days. I've been drinking the zero carb Powerade to help. I'm going to order some test strips to see where I'm at. On 12/31 I happened to have some lab work which showed "trace ketones".

Wishing you all a successful upcoming week!

Hi, just saying you shouldn't be feeling nauseous etc, this isn't a side effect of keto or shouldn't be. Make sure you are getting enough natural salts you can do this through salting your food properly and also drinking a bouillon cube. You shouldn't have to drink powerade or anything. Also make sure you are eating enough and only do IF if you are not hungry, lots of us end up doing it by accident as we are just not hungry when in keto. Good luck and I hope the pains have stopped.