Week 4- Weigh in
    Starting weight- 191.5
    Cw-189

Great loss!! Way to go👍🏻
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Thought this would be fun to do as a team. Just a little something to get us posting and having a little fun. Just a few random workout questions.

1. What was the best workout move you’ve ever done? And the worst?
    2. What’s the best recipe you’ve EVER made?
    3. What’s the most recent diet/plan you've been following?
    4. Tell us about your first ever Gym day.
    5. What’s your favorite place to workout? Why?
    6. Share with us a fun workout experience you’ve had recently.
    7. What is your favorite workout song.
    8. How long have you been with our F2F group?
    9. What’s your favorite sport or physical activity?
    10. What’s your favorite healthy dish to cook for friends? For just you?
    11. What is your favorite workout attire?
    12. When/what time do you prefer to workout?
    13. What’s your morning ritual like?
    14. How do you get your workout in on a rainy day?
    15. Can you share one quote or saying you love, that keeps you going?
    16. Which person in your life do you most admire? Why?
    17. If you could go back in time and change history, what would you change? Why?
    18. What would you do in life if you knew you couldn’t fail?
    19. Group workouts or workout on your own?
    20. What would you tell your past self knowing what you know now?

I'm quoting this so that anyone who wants to have fun answering some more questions can see them again.

I need to give this a lot of thought because I cannot answer most of them, partly because I’m weak on the exercise thing. This is my first month with F2F. It’s been good.

I think the exercise I enjoy most is working in my garden, walking and playing tennis. None of which I’ve done lately. So for now, I wrangle my 9 month old granddaughter five days a week for 10 hours. That is surely exercise, right?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I was a bit discouraged that I haven't been able to break below 142 (keep hovering at, then slipping back up a bit, then hovering at again over the month).

But today I took the 3 measurements needed for the US Military Body Fat % calculation website - they were down from Jan 2 - and the resulting calculation was 1.5% lower!!!!

I feel MUCH better now - the weight may be mostly plateauing, but changes ARE happening!

If anyone else seems to be plateauing even though they are doing all the right things and logging properly, maybe that is the case with you too!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I was a bit discouraged that I haven't been able to break below 142 (keep hovering at, then slipping back up a bit, then hovering at again over the month).

But today I took the 3 measurements needed for the US Military Body Fat % calculation website - they were down from Jan 2 - and the resulting calculation was 1.5% lower!!!!

I feel MUCH better now - the weight may be mostly plateauing, but changes ARE happening!

If anyone else seems to be plateauing even though they are doing all the right things and logging properly, maybe that is the case with you too!
    This is really important to remember - changes in body composition do not show on the scale, but they sure feel good. Increasing muscle strength and general fitness makes everything feel different - even if you get a bit sore from time to time!
  • jugar
    Options

Heres an interesting graphic to consider that I have used in the past that might be helpful. I am not sure I buy all the stuff under support column, but the colours get you thinking about variety.

ro1i7s21w53p.jpg

This is great fun! I just know the more vegetables on the plate in the biggest variety possible, the better I feel. I'll put this together to post as our Week 5 Challenge that goes up tomorrow. Thanks!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Great!! Good fir you! I am noticing something similar. Minimal weight loss but clothes looser.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Just a kind reminder to post your missing steps as soon as you can so they can count towards results which will be posted later today.

@Astrue
    @AmyHammons1
    @kkmark
    @GettingFitTash
    @evangsimmons170
    @Andreabroadley
    @Miki48
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    OMG team i am so sorry i just went MIA on you but i promise i wasnt far away. I have been fighting a bad cold all week and still i am not feeling 100%. I havent had a workout since Monday night Zumba and have spent a good part of my week in bed sleeping. I apologiye to everyone and promise i will get back on top of my game this week.

I didnt do so good with steps this week but got them all entered today and my weigh in wasnt great.......here goes nothing.....

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 170.6
    Current weight: 171.8
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Just a little reminder for week 4 missing weigh ins. Please get those in today before results are posted later tonight.

@cccallahan
    @Blackbeautysue
    @LTFitz89
    @Inspire2019
    @me_jello
    @Micki48
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options

I'm sure this is not what you wanted to see, but not all that bad for a week where you're feeling poorly and can't exercise. You will bounce back quickly as you start feeling better!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »

I'm sure this is not what you wanted to see, but not all that bad for a week where you're feeling poorly and can't exercise. You will bounce back quickly as you start feeling better!

Thank you Jan. It really isn't but I cant be too hard on myself. I know that when I am all better I always give it 110% everyday. I am allowed to not feel well sometimes and to slow down. Thanks for the love. x
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Heres an interesting graphic to consider that I have used in the past that might be helpful. I am not sure I buy all the stuff under support column, but the colours get you thinking about variety.

ro1i7s21w53p.jpg

This is great fun! I just know the more vegetables on the plate in the biggest variety possible, the better I feel. I'll put this together to post as our Week 5 Challenge that goes up tomorrow. Thanks!

Love this challenge! hope we go with this! Thanks for sharing Andrea!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Week 4
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 174.3
    CW: 170.8

Still lots of water I guess.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Rainbow colour chart is so important to get the veggies in, I keep telling myself you have to eat them to protect my brain because I don't want another tumour and to keep your memory sharp.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 4 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Weight No More - 0.39%
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 0.35%
    3rd - WaistAways - 0.30%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Workout Warriors - 23.3
    2nd - Weight No More - 22.6
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 14.3

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @kirsten11872 - 2.73%
    2nd - @Carlsoda - 2.66%
    3rd - @ShowKitten - 2.55%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @ShowKitten and @tdrjustus3 - 6
    2nd - @kirsten11872 - 4.7
    3rd - @TattooedDolphinGirl78, @WishfulThinning18, and @bethanie0825 - 4.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@gottagetthisdown @tdrjustus3 @Andreabroadley
    @bethanie0825 @TattooedDolphinGirl78 @daisytripp
    @DaveJ_43

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 768,099
    2nd - Trimstones - 634,790
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 534,193
  • jugar
    Options
    WEEK 5 CHALLENGE! Team Waistaways gets to challenge all the teams to get more veggies onto our plates and into ourselves every day:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10722931/week-5-team-waistaways-challenge/p1?new=1

Go to the challenge page and share your meals, recipes, veggie stories. Really. Veggie stories - you know you have them!
  • jugar
    Options
    Congratulations to our team members who got us into 3rd place for % lost, and who got on the board themselves! Great job - I'm sure we can keep on inspiring each other and work together to become fit, feel great, and maintain our healthy ways. <3<3<3
  • jugar
    edited January 2019
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Rainbow colour chart is so important to get the veggies in, I keep telling myself you have to eat them to protect my brain because I don't want another tumour and to keep your memory sharp.

If that is not a great reason to make gorgeous plates full of all the colours, I don't know what is.
  • jugar
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Week 4
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 174.3
    CW: 170.8

Still lots of water I guess.

WOW! Don't put it down by just calling it water! It is a terrific loss that I am sure you worked hard for.
This discussion has been closed.