• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    kkmark wrote: »
    Kkmark
    January Week 4
    PW:162.2
    CW:163.1
    Have colleagues at work from different state have been going out for lunch 😏

POSTED! those work lunches can be wicked - enjoy them, and then you'll get back on track, I'm sure!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thought this would be fun to do as a team. Just a little something to get us posting and having a little fun. Just a few random workout questions.

1. What was the best workout move you’ve ever done? And the worst?
    2. What’s the best recipe you’ve EVER made?
    3. What’s the most recent diet/plan you've been following?
    4. Tell us about your first ever Gym day.
    5. What’s your favorite place to workout? Why?
    6. Share with us a fun workout experience you’ve had recently.
    7. What is your favorite workout song.
    8. How long have you been with our F2F group?
    9. What’s your favorite sport or physical activity?
    10. What’s your favorite healthy dish to cook for friends? For just you?
    11. What is your favorite workout attire?
    12. When/what time do you prefer to workout?
    13. What’s your morning ritual like?
    14. How do you get your workout in on a rainy day?
    15. Can you share one quote or saying you love, that keeps you going?
    16. Which person in your life do you most admire? Why?
    17. If you could go back in time and change history, what would you change? Why?
    18. What would you do in life if you knew you couldn’t fail?
    19. Group workouts or workout on your own?
    20. What would you tell your past self knowing what you know now?

I'm quoting this so that anyone who wants to have fun answering some more questions can see them again.
  • jugar
    Options
    Number 14 - rainy day! I'm visiting my dad in Massachusetts. The contrast with a couple of days ago when our high temp was -5F is amazing, but the rain is relentless.

SO, I was very grateful my dad has a dog. I kitted myself out in my dad's rain jacket, my stepmom's Tilly hat, my overly warm but blissfully waterproof winter boots, a good audio book, and, of course, the dog. We walked for a good hour, got completely soaked. I see that a dog would certainly be a good incentive to get out in every kind of weather. My dad's dog is a wonderful mix of Great Pyrenees and Labrador Retriever - she's tall, and loves to walk. I can't have a dog at home - hubby has terrible asthma -- and I really miss them. I'm always game to steal my dad's though!

I'll be down here in balmy weather until Saturday. Eating out some, but keeping up the workouts and the walking.
  • asheetagupte7272
    asheetagupte7272 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight : 143.8
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Week 4

Previous Week: 140.2 lbs
    Current Week : 140.1 lbs

Teeny-tiny weight loss but I’ll take it 🤣
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bear479
    Week 4
    Pw ??
    CW 178.5
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Week 4
    Friday
    PW 331.8
    CW 332.4

:/
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    BMcC9
    Week 4 - Fridays

PW: 142.6
    CW: 143.0
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Bear479 wrote: »
    Not doing great with really anything in my life right now. I though about quitting the group but then I thought quitting will not help anything so I'm doubling down and getting back to basics. No eating after 7. Cut out the carbs. Measure everything. No snacking. Back on track!

I agree, good for you! I find that when things are tough, even doing just a bit to stay on track with my health goals can lift my spirits. I hope the same for you.
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    I am feeling good, my weight continues to trend down and expect to post a loss on the weekend. The weather here is really yucky and I have a few tradespeople coming in, so I will be housebound. But I think I will put some music on and do some stepping in my basement. Then maybe some stationary biking. Have a healthy day everyone!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    "jogged around Paris" for 30 minutes yesterday - even "passed some places" (the glass pyramid at the Louvre; the square in front of Notre Dame Cathedral) I actually walked myself for real last June.
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Not doing great with really anything in my life right now. I though about quitting the group but then I thought quitting will not help anything so I'm doubling down and getting back to basics. No eating after 7. Cut out the carbs. Measure everything. No snacking. Back on track!

Good for you for staying! Ultimate success in this journey is much more about getting up, dusting yourself off and getting back on track than it is about perfection. Eventually, you will slip less often and get up more quickly. We are here for you!

Thanks! After tomorrow a huge anchor will be lifted. I will finish my german class that I have been attending 5 days a week 4 hours per day. I have not enjoyed it at all and it's been a huge energy suck from my life. I'm not sure I will pass my final test but that is not so important for me. I will just be happy not to come here anymore.
  • jugar
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »

Good for you for staying! Ultimate success in this journey is much more about getting up, dusting yourself off and getting back on track than it is about perfection. Eventually, you will slip less often and get up more quickly. We are here for you!

Thanks! After tomorrow a huge anchor will be lifted. I will finish my german class that I have been attending 5 days a week 4 hours per day. I have not enjoyed it at all and it's been a huge energy suck from my life. I'm not sure I will pass my final test but that is not so important for me. I will just be happy not to come here anymore.

Oh, you bring back memories. I lived in The Netherlands for 18 months, and the first couple of months taking Dutch lessons every evening was extraordinarily exhausting. I'm glad I did it, but it sapped everything I had for a while. It was worth it, though - and everything got better afterwards. I hope it is the same for you!

I am also glad you're sticking with us. Post a message from time to time to rant, send news, celebrate little victories - anything. It is always great to hear what is happening.
  • jugar
    Options
    Postings caught up to date - let me know if I missed anyone.

@asheetagupte7272
    @sue_01
    @Bear479
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    @BMcC9

Even if you are unhappy with this particular weigh-in, everyone is down in weight since the beginning of the month. Keep on keeping on. It is working.
  • jugar
    Options
    Last day of Week 4, people! A few items for you:
    • weigh in if you are due or overdue
    • I think we are responsible for week 5 challenge. @mari_moulin ? Are we? If so, what about a veggie challenge - more colours, more veggies on our plates. Photos and recipes welcome. Sound good?
    • Everyone staying on for February? You don't have to do anything if you are already on the team and have been weighing in. If you want to leave or change teams, let me know. I'm definitely on for another month!
    I'll be on the road for a few hours today to get home. I'll check on weigh-ins before I leave, and catch up when I get home.
  • Andreabroadley
    Options

I am feeling good, my weight continues to trend down and expect to post a loss on the weekend. The weather here is really yucky and I have a few tradespeople coming in, so I will be housebound. But I think I will put some music on and do some stepping in my basement. Then maybe some stationary biking. Have a healthy day everyone!

Well I got consumed by tradespeople so no stepping etc yesterday. Today out for a mall walk, because it is -11C. Have a great day!
  • Andreabroadley
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Last day of Week 4, people! A few items for you:
    • weigh in if you are due or overdue
    • I think we are responsible for week 5 challenge. @mari_moulin ? Are we? If so, what about a veggie challenge - more colours, more veggies on our plates. Photos and recipes welcome. Sound good?
    • Everyone staying on for February? You don't have to do anything if you are already on the team and have been weighing in. If you want to leave or change teams, let me know. I'm definitely on for another month!
    I'll be on the road for a few hours today to get home. I'll check on weigh-ins before I leave, and catch up when I get home.

Heres an interesting graphic to consider that I have used in the past that might be helpful. I am not sure I buy all the stuff under support column, but the colours get you thinking about variety.

ro1i7s21w53p.jpg

This discussion has been closed.