TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, it was too cold to go out snowshoeing today. I went out for a short jaunt, but it was seriously cold and hard going with the deep snow. I wimped out, and came inside to do a good workout there instead. The shower was earned!

I had fun finding some music to go with the moderators' challenge for this week - check it out!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10721185/week-4-moderators-challenge-trifecta-week#latest
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Copied from a different thread .... but I REALLY like and believe in the sentiment. It sums up the idea of evolving strategies into a sustainable lifestyle.

================

consistency: the quality of always being the same, doing things in the same way, having the same standards

In our weight loss journey, consistency is a key to our success. When we consistently complete the methods we have chosen to lead us to victory such as recording our food, drinking our specified amount of water, exercising, or planning our meals ahead of time, we are going to see good things happen. And we will not find ourselves regaining all that weight (again).

Consistency wants to be your life long companion! Let's embrace it!

qb26uy8cyyvh.png

Love this. As I look back at the last year, the only difference between being 1.7 pounds from goal this time and the endless series of "failures" before is primarily consistency. What was so important this time was hanging in there with the consistency early in the journey while I figured out what works for me, instead of getting frustrated, feeling like a failure, and reverting to old habits.

Trust the process and be consistent!!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Username: karenesg
    Weigh in week: January, Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous week’s weight: 187
    Todays weight: 187
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Username: Offitgoes
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Previous week’s weight: 179.8
    Todays weight: 179.4
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I hate winter! So looking forward to acyually riding my horse for the second day in a row, and we had rain over snow, turing into ice. Report from the farm is that it is too icy to get from Annie's dry lot to the indoor ring : -(. Not in a good mood!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    My shoulder is really doing well. I went to HIT class for first time yesterday since the injury and while I could not go all out, did quite a bit. Not much pain today. I am walking days when I don't go to get some exercise in, along with phyio. Doing well on calories. Should see another loss this week. Tried a 5:2 style fast last week (just did one day at 500-600 calories). It did not kill me the way I thought it might. Trying it again today. Seems not bad.

Winter weather here has become sloppy.. we are going back into the deep freeze so expecting my street to turn into a toboggan hill overnight. :D

Have a great day everyone.
  • jugar
    Options
    My shoulder is really doing well. I went to HIT class for first time yesterday since the injury and while I could not go all out, did quite a bit. Not much pain today. I am walking days when I don't go to get some exercise in, along with phyio. Doing well on calories. Should see another loss this week. Tried a 5:2 style fast last week (just did one day at 500-600 calories). It did not kill me the way I thought it might. Trying it again today. Seems not bad.

Winter weather here has become sloppy.. we are going back into the deep freeze so expecting my street to turn into a toboggan hill overnight. :D

I am so happy to see this post. You have been hitting many hard places lately and now you are feeling positive and making progress. It is wonderful to see the turnaround! I have not known you for long but it is good to see hard and negative posts turn into hopeful and positive ones. If there was ever an encouragement to share the hard parts as well as the recoveries this is it.

Team. Share the bad as well as the good. Self? You too!
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nicole3921
    Week 3?4?
    Wednesday
    Pw: 172
    Cw: 171
  • nicole3921
    Options
    To continue being on this specific team for February....do I need to register again in the new discussion? Or will I just be moved over?
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

I am so happy to see this post. You have been hitting many hard places lately and now you are feeling positive and making progress. It is wonderful to see the turnaround! I have not known you for long but it is good to see hard and negative posts turn into hopeful and positive ones. If there was ever an encouragement to share the hard parts as well as the recoveries this is it.

Team. Share the bad as well as the good. Self? You too!

Thanks for that! Very kind! It was a tough 10 days but being in the group helped me!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    nicole3921 wrote: »
    To continue being on this specific team for February....do I need to register again in the new discussion? Or will I just be moved over?

You will be auto-moved over in the same team. You just have to start writing in the new Feb chat-room once it opens (but not for another week and a bit)
  • nicole3921
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Username: karenesg
    Weigh in week: January, Week 4
    Previous week’s weight: 187
    Todays weight: 187

POSTED! as you say - 31 pounds down. 26 to go. You will get there. A pause along the way is not a problem.
  • jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Username: Offitgoes
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Previous week’s weight: 179.8
    Todays weight: 179.4

POSTED! Good one - every bit counts and you are going in the right direction. EEEEEEE Hah!
  • jugar
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I hate winter! So looking forward to acyually riding my horse for the second day in a row, and we had rain over snow, turing into ice. Report from the farm is that it is too icy to get from Annie's dry lot to the indoor ring : -(. Not in a good mood!

Me too - these days it is hard to do much with our horses. Lunging. Short rides through the snow. But otherwise, it is hard. I have to stick to my own exercise and I miss the intense workouts with my stallion. He is so inspiring. Lately, as the days grow slightly longer, he is full of energy. Lunging in the snow is actually fun, but less for me than for him!
  • jugar
    Options
    nicole3921 wrote: »
    Nicole3921
    Week 3?4?
    Wednesday
    Pw: 172
    Cw: 171

POSTED! A whole pound - good job!!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Kkmark
    January Week 4
    PW:162.2
    CW:163.1
    Have colleagues at work from different state have been going out for lunch 😏
This discussion has been closed.