WORKOUT WARRIORS - February 2019

Options

Replies

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I would like to continue with the step challenge for February...if you will have me

Absolutely - I added you to the spreadsheet... Just post your steps daily in here and your good to go...

Steve

• steplaj
    Options
    GM TEAM
    TEAM LEADERSHIP CHANGE
    AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN ILL FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS DEALING WITH A OUT OF SORT OSTOMY, INFECTIONS SO ON AND SO FORTH. IT WAS PRESENTED BY MY ENT DOC TO ME LAST FRIDAY THAT I HAVE A MASSIVE OBSTRUCTION AND A MASSIVE INFECTION IN MY SINUSES AND MUST HAVE SURGERY TO REMOVE BOTH.

A SHRINKING ASSET TEAM MEMBER @melissafeagins AND A WARRIOR FIRST HAS STEPPED UPPED TO COVER FOR ME WHILE I DEAL WITH THIS SITUATION. @melissafeagins WILL ASSIST STEVE WHILE I AM ON THE SIDELINES. PLEASE WELCOME HER BACK TO THE TEAM.

I WILL BE STEPPING BACK AND LETTING MELISSA TAKE THE REINS AS MY HEAD ACHES ARE GETTING WORST THE LONGER I SIT IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER. AS SOON AS SHE IS COMFORTABLE WITH EVERYTHING I WILL LET HER HANDLED IT.
    THANKS GREG

I did tell you that I am hard to get rid of. LOL

However, I had a colonoscopy this morning so I am kind of out of it right now. I will be getting with Greg a little later today and will mostly not be able to check in until after 4pm EST US time due to some changes at my job.

GO WARRIORS!!

Melissa - I'm here, you recuperate after your test... We can connect later.

• steplaj
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good Afternoon WORKOUT WARRIORS

I have the following people signed up for the step team for the month of February. If your name was missed or if you really wanted to be on the team, please let me know.

TEAM WORKOUT WARRIORS - Attack Squad
    @Navydaddjtc
    @steplaj
    @abowersgirl
    @NikMar
    @Mechell15
    @myfritzie
    @megnolia82
    @Aetheldreda
    @rheaj1991
    @runarml

Please remember, we are posting our DAILY steps here in our team chat, just the same as we do for our weekly weigh-ins... I ask that you please keep your steps separate from your weekly weigh-ins so that we do not miss anything. If you forget, we will try to send you a reminder.

Be sure to get your steps in - we don't want Becky's new Shrinking Assest's showing us up... Let's do to them what the Pat's just did - Come out Champions!

• steplaj
    Options
    steplaj wrote: »
    myfritzie wrote: »
    A little bit about me:
    I am married (12yrs) w/2 kids: girl (10); boy (7). They keep me going, literally.

Currently I am a high school assistant principal w/19+ years in education as teacher, librarian, & admin. Extremely high stress; extremely high strung. Recently diagnosed with PTSD & working on getting treatment.

I LOVE to work out - I just really suck at making time to do it. My work days on average are about 12+hr days, 5-6 days a week.

I am a self-soother with food & binge. Need help making better choices.

Ok - probably TMI but it’s me.

Welcome to the Warriors!

@myfritzie - What is your first name (if you don't mind me asking)? So awesome having you here with us as part of our Workout Warrior family...

In regard to making better choices, remember - we are all here to help each other. When you feel moments of weakness, come in here and ask the team for help, we have many teammates who also 'emotional/stress eat' so you are not alone in here with us. remember, own up to your failures as well as your victories, accountability is the best tool towards success. We love to share here in the Warriors. Everyone's own stories help to motivate and inspire the rest of us.

In regard to the "TMI"... In here, there is never TMI! We love when our friends share - an we share lots. Feel free to share just about anything in here. We love to get to know our friends as much as possible, so please, post freely and post often. We love pics too - before and after, meal pics, even dog pics ( Greg and I have G-Sheps).

Again, welcome, we are so glad you are here with us!

Steve

STEVE SHE WORKS FOR THE SAME DISTRICT THAT MARCIE IS A TEACHER IN. I HAVE KNOWN HER AND HER HUSBAND FOR YEARS. HER HUSBAND IS ALSO A GREG. HE AND I WORKED TOGETHER FOR SEVERAL YEARS AT THE SAME SCHOOL.

Great - she can help keep you in line and resting! LOL
  • steplaj
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Gutcutter500

Simple Reminder
    Please don't forget to get your weight in - you were due yesterday...

@kammerkv1 and @quiarga - You are both due on Wednesday...

No Tuesday Weigh-ins!

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

I have the following people signed up for the step team for the month of February. If your name was missed or if you really wanted to be on the team, please let me know.

@Navydaddjtc
    @steplaj
    @abowersgirl
    @NikMar
    @Mechell15
    @myfritzie
    @megnolia82
    @Aetheldreda
    @rheaj1991
    @runarml

Please remember, we are posting our DAILY steps here in our team chat, just the same as we do for our weekly weigh-ins... I ask that you please keep your steps separate from your weekly weigh-ins so that we do not miss anything. If you forget, we will try to send you a reminder.

Be sure to get your steps in - we don't want Becky's new Shrinking Assest's showing us up... Let's do to them what the Pat's just did - Come out Champions!

@steplaj
    STEVE....IF SOMEBODY WANTS IN FOR THE MONTH LET THEM REPLACE ME....SURGERY RECOUP IS GOING TO BE TWO-THREE WEEKS. I UNDERSTAND FROM SHANANA MY BABY SISTER WHO IS A CCRN THAT'S THE NORM FOR A SURGERY OF THIS TYPE.
  • steplaj
    Options

@Navydaddjtc
    @steplaj
    @abowersgirl
    @NikMar
    @Mechell15
    @myfritzie
    @megnolia82
    @Aetheldreda
    @rheaj1991
    @runarml

@steplaj
    STEVE....IF SOMEBODY WANTS IN FOR THE MONTH LET THEM REPLACE ME....SURGERY RECOUP IS GOING TO BE TWO-THREE WEEKS. I UNDERSTAND FROM SHANANA MY BABY SISTER WHO IS A CCRN THAT'S THE NORM FOR A SURGERY OF THIS TYPE.

Already planned to do that Greg - you need to rest, not be out trying to get your steps...

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    WARRIOR FAMILY
    ONE OF OUR HAS TAKEN A HIT TO HIS FAMILY.
    KEVIN AKA @Goinhard64 ....HIS MOM DIED OVER THE WEEKEND. I AM ASKING ALL OF US TO SAY A PRAYER AND KEEP HIM AND HIS FAMILY IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
    THANKS GREG
  • steplaj
    Options
    @Goinhard64

Kevin

So sorry for your loss... Losing an immediate family member is terribly difficult for anyone. Words can never say enough - just know my friend, you have many friends here and we will all be with you during this difficult time... We are here if you need us. For now, Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family.

You take as long as you need, we will be here when you are ready to return...

God Bless

Steve

• steplaj
    Options
    HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED ADS POPPING UP ALL OVER THE PLACE... THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS...

• steplaj
    Options
    Hello My Friends

I am trying to get someone in to the group. Her user id is @Cskorb417 and she just joined MFP an hour or two ago ( when I helped her sign up ) and I am trying to help her find us. If she does join, she REALLY needs a lot of motivation and emotional support. She is really having a tough time dealing with her weight and such and really needs a good support group (which is why I am trying t bring her in)...

I will introduce you if she follows through...

Thanks
    Steve

• NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar Step Challenge Sun 03 Feb - 16,350 steps

@steplaj - thanks for the words of support, much appreciated. Just got to take things one day at a time, although getting carried away with eating things I probably shouldn't (far too much bread for a start), shows that I've lost track of myself already! Tomorrow is a new day, so I will need to try again by being more mindful of what I am eating and get my focus back.
  • steplaj
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »
    NikMar Step Challenge Sun 03 Feb - 16,350 steps

@steplaj - thanks for the words of support, much appreciated. Just got to take things one day at a time, although getting carried away with eating things I probably shouldn't (far too much bread for a start), shows that I've lost track of myself already! Tomorrow is a new day, so I will need to try again by being more mindful of what I am eating and get my focus back.

Don't wait til tomorrow, start now... Do your best to make good choices even when your "little devil" is telling you to make bad ones. Seek out substitutions for those bad foods, especially the carbs. Keep water close by and when your craving, try drinking the water and filling up on that. Stay focused by keeping your mind on the target... You got this...

• steplaj
    Options

@Navydaddjtc
    @steplaj
    @abowersgirl
    @NikMar
    @Mechell15
    @myfritzie
    @megnolia82
    @Aetheldreda
    @rheaj1991
    @runarml

@abowersgirl
    @rheaj1991
    @myfritzie

Please don't forget to post your steps for Sunday - 2/03/2019...

• Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Steps Mon 4th Feb - 15,468

Today was a good day....now time for some Zzzzzzzz
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    GM TEAM
    TEAM LEADERSHIP CHANGE
    AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN ILL FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS DEALING WITH A OUT OF SORT OSTOMY, INFECTIONS SO ON AND SO FORTH. IT WAS PRESENTED BY MY ENT DOC TO ME LAST FRIDAY THAT I HAVE A MASSIVE OBSTRUCTION AND A MASSIVE INFECTION IN MY SINUSES AND MUST HAVE SURGERY TO REMOVE BOTH.

A SHRINKING ASSET TEAM MEMBER @melissafeagins AND A WARRIOR FIRST HAS STEPPED UPPED TO COVER FOR ME WHILE I DEAL WITH THIS SITUATION. @melissafeagins WILL ASSIST STEVE WHILE I AM ON THE SIDELINES. PLEASE WELCOME HER BACK TO THE TEAM.

I WILL BE STEPPING BACK AND LETTING MELISSA TAKE THE REINS AS MY HEAD ACHES ARE GETTING WORST THE LONGER I SIT IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER. AS SOON AS SHE IS COMFORTABLE WITH EVERYTHING I WILL LET HER HANDLED IT.
    THANKS GREG

I did tell you that I am hard to get rid of. LOL

However, I had a colonoscopy this morning so I am kind of out of it right now. I will be getting with Greg a little later today and will mostly not be able to check in until after 4pm EST US time due to some changes at my job.

GO WARRIORS!!

Melissa - I'm here, you recuperate after your test... We can connect later.

Thanks,. Steve. I am stupid sleepy today. And my abdomen is sore, which they told me to expect, but I have been able to eat today with no ill effects.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    MelissaFeagins
    Week 1
    SW: 171.3
    CW: 171.0

I added myself to the Warriors Spreadsheet and posted my own weight, Steve.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    for this weeks motivation challenge, I committed to:
    No gluten (since I eat this way already, I added a sixth)
    No diet anything
    10 glasses of water
    no soda
    3 workouts and
    No alcohol

Since I was on clear liquids yesterday, that was pretty easy. I did everything but workout today so I still owe myself 3 workouts. Hopefully I'll feel up to it tomorrow. For now, I'm going back to sleep. (I was up most of last night due to the prep drinks and combined with the anesthesia, I have been sleepy all day.)
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Gutcutter500
    Week: 1
    Checkin: Sunday
    PW: 222.2
    CW: 221.5
    Steps: 93,991
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Sorry to post so late. My wife and I were on a cruise and I did not have my official scale. I would really like to be on the step team if possible. If not then next month will be fine.
    2/1: 22,172
    2/2: 10,330
    2/3: 8,585 traveling
This discussion has been closed.