SHRINKING ASSETS -- February 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME SHRINKING ASSETS!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the FEBRUARY Challenge - We have five (5) teams returning this month and a NEW expansion team – SHRINKING ASSETS!!

Our group and team leaders for the FEBRUARY Challenge are as follows;

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)

Our Team Captains;
[*] Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @steplaj
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
[*] Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
[*] Team WaistAways - @Jugar and OPEN
[*] Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
[*] Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
[*] Team Workout Warriors - @Goinhard64 and OPEN
[*] Team Mission Slimpossibles - @UTMom81and @tess5036
[*] Team WaistAways - @jan110144 (Motivator)and OPEN SLOT
[*] Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
[*] Team Trimstones - OPEN SLOT and OPEN SLOT
[*] Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02 and @melissafeagins

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team SHRINKING ASSETS
Week 2 - Team WORKOUT WARRIORS
Week 3 - Team MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
Week 4 - Team TRIMSTONES

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 3 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for FEBRUARY. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!
THANKS YOUR MODS

Replies

• Beka3695
    edited January 2019
    Options
    HELLO SHRINKERS!!!

I am Beka, Captain and Mod. @boehle is my Captain counterpart. We are here to help you in any way possible to make your journey a success. @KelGen02 is our fitness motivator and @melissafeagins is our general motivator. Please keep in mind, we are all on the journey, too.

I am 42, married and mom of 2 daughters, 21 and 16, and 3 fur babies. I live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia. FEEL FREE TO READ MY POSTS WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT.

I started my journey 2 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 221 in October.

My MOE is CICO. I cannot stick with anything else. Keto sounds good to me, but so does bread.

I am a noobie runner. I have ran multiple 5ks and the Atlanta Peachtree Road race this past year. I have a 15k on 2/17 (this scares me) and trying to copy @boehle, I have registered for my first Half Marathon in the March. In all honesty, I just want the 13.1 sticker for my car... LOL

Please reach out to me if you need me! I am here to be of any assistance possible.

My Stats
    5'7' and 42
    HW:242 - October 2016
    LW:174 - December 2017 for about 9 months
    CW:218

February Goals
    Strive to get back under 200 -- this is the most important!!!!!!!
    Meal prep EVERY SUNDAY.
    Run 100 miles
    Decrease my 5k/10k time by at least a little

We have a lot of veterans on this team, but will have a lot of new folks, too. Please feel free to ask questions -even if you think they are silly. Chances are, someone else is wondering the same thing.

Please make your journals public. I mainly ask this bc I get bored and will stalk your stuff for new ideas. Again- you might have the trick that someone else needs.

Let's have fun and SHRINK OUR ASSETS!!!!!!

Edited to include stats
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Beka, that is really impressive! I just started doing some 5ks with people from work and I just got to where I can "run" over half of one. I just learned about the Atlanta Peachtree on a Stuff You Should Know (podcast) episode! If you aren't familiar with the podcast, the hosts are from Atlanta. Get you yo' sticker and the T-shirt!!

I started out at 225 around September of 2017 was really successful, but then kind of just stopped. I think I was a bit burnt out. I was lucky that I only gained back about 20 which I've lost again since Dec 30 ( just kind of happened to start again around the New Year).

I'm 32, from Kansas City, MO. I have 3 kiddos and a partner who I love so much I even copy his portion sizes! :D

I haven't been fit really ever. I was on the chubby side as a kid, and I got fit when I was in the military but after basic training I was still always juuuust fit enough to get through my fit tests.

Some stats about me:
    F 32 5'4"
    Highest weight: 225
    Weight Jan 1 2019 205
    Weight Monday Jan 28th 183.9

My fitness goal for February is to get back to 175. I haven't been at that weight in probably a decade. I don't even know what 175 looks like on me! In March, I'm making a trip to Boston for St Patty's day, my mom is getting married, and my sister is coming to visit from Hawaii!

I have other goals/daily habits I am also working on. Every day I want to do one load of laundry, one load of dishes, do my skincare routine, and do something kind for someone else. Even with inconsistency, all those habits are improving and I'm less stressed!

Anyone who'd like to may add me!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @Aint2Proud2Meg
    I haven't been fit really ever. I was on the chubby side as a kid, and I got fit when I was in the military but after basic training I was still always juuuust fit enough to get through my fit tests.

My oldest daughter is in the Navy. At her last fitness test, she fasted and took laxatives to make weight -- she made it by 0.4 lbs. The struggle is real!!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Where is your Ironman, Sapan?
  • SapanPan
    SapanPan Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Half-Ironman in Traverse City.
  • NayaSaidSo
    NayaSaidSo Posts: 157 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi I am Tanaya :)
    But please call me Nay or T. I am 28 years old and I have a 3 year old daughter. I started my fitness journey in June 2017 and had a really awesome initial run, but plateaued at 185lbs in Jan 2018. Slowly gained all throughout last year as the year went on my eating habits went out the window and I was not working out regularly. Sadly I have been yo-yoing between 195 and 190lbs since October *insert face palm emoji* So I am back and ready to get serious. Ive identified my weakness-proper nutrition and monitoring my calories.

I was actually a member of this group during my initial weight loss and contribute a lot of my success to the accountability and support I found here, so I was ecstatic when I found the group again. Seriously I have been looking for months lol. My current weight is 192lbs I am hoping to see 185 again soon and push beyond that!

Random Fact: I also do pole fitness and am training for the upcoming competition season.

Goals:
    My overall fitness goal isto lose 10% body fat (~19lbs) before my next competition in June.

February Goals: Reach 187 lbs, log all meals (ambitious for me) and complete my current workout program.

Totally doable right!?!? I hope so my eating habits sabotage me all the time. So feel free to add me and leave comments on my journal. I also have not been using my apple watch during workouts and guessing calories burned. Need to stop that lol.

{{WOW TLDR- Female 5'6 from Louisiana and I do pole fitness. Want to lose 10% body fat. Just add me and lets lose some weight together :)}}
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello Fellow Assets

My name is Kelly and I am going to be 50 next month, I started my healthy lifestyle change in 2016 and lost 75lbs in less than a year. In November 2017 my middle son joined the Army and well I ate my way through his boot camp and then in September of 2018 I started menopause and again ate my feelings. Fast forward I am now 40lbs heavier. So I am back at it again... I totally love these FAT2FIT groups the support and motivation is amazing. I am so happy I found these groups. Apparently I have been appointed as the fitness motivator as my husband and I recently started a weight lifting routine. I have never lifted weights a day in my life up until this month. Not sure why I waited until I was turning 50 to start but I guess its better late than never LOL A little background on me, I have degenerative disc and joint disease. I have 4 herniated disc in my lower back and two in my neck. I live with chronic daily pain and for years I used that as an excuse to be a couch potato and eat my feelings. I am an emotional eater and do my best now to contain it and recognize the signs of being out of control. I am not perfect yet, but I am so much better than I use to be.

My goals for February are simply... commit to my exercise routine. lift three days a week, Zumba twice a week and the treadmill twice a week. Also to log my food. the good bad and the ugly. I am shifting my focus to healthy and strong instead of just losing weight. The weight will come off as long as I am making healthy choices and working out. I want to be a healthy bad *kitten* who picks things up and put them down... LOL B) Lets do this Assets!!! Bring on February!!!!

edited to add some stats:

KelGen02
    Weigh in Day: Fridays
    CW 234lbs
    Height 5'4
    GW 175-180ish
    Short term goal: ONEDERLAND (no specific time frame just a goal to work towards)
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Leg day
    496zghxxy0jl.jpg

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    SapanPan wrote: »

Cool. My daughter volunteers at the Ironman in Chattanooga. She's trying to get me to help at the next one.
  • amlw17
    amlw17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I’m Bryony, 29, from Kent in the UK.
    I have been overweight for as long as I can remember really, and have always had a problem with binging when I was stressed, anxious (insert emotion here haha).
    Well after my daughter was born in July 2017 I hit my heaviest of 240lb. So I started on MFp and just walking everyday to get her to sleep. I lost 30lb up to April 2018, but then we had a horrible long illness in the family. I gave myself an excuse to quit.

New Year’s Day I was back on the scale and relieved that id only put 12lb back on. So for January I have been on meal replacement shakes with a proper main meal. I know they aren’t for everyone but the restrictiveness really helps to curb my bingeing. Everything still logged! I am now phasing in breakfasts and lunches.

My long term goals are to look amazing in a wedding dress (2020) and be a healthy weight when we have our next baby (2021).

My February goals are just to keep going, keep walking, keep counting :) lovely to meet all of you!
  • SapanPan
    SapanPan Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SapanPan wrote: »

Cool. My daughter volunteers at the Ironman in Chattanooga. She's trying to get me to help at the next one.

Awesome... IM CHOO is on list to do races. Bike course profile of both races is similar - very hilly. Please thank your daughter for volunteering.
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

My name is Steph, I'm 29 and I live in Scotland with my husband and 5 cats.

My fitness journey feels like it has been ongoing forever - I've never, ever had a flat stomach -, I've twice reached 195 and twice went back up to 245. I started again in January at 245 and I'm down at 230 now. I find keto works best for me, as I struggle with carbs and willpower.

I'm an emotional eater, which doesn't help as I have health issues such as fibromyalgia. This means I cannot always physically do exercise as some days I can walk fine and other days my husband has to help me off the couch. So, for weight loss, diet is really important for me.

I have my 30th in March, a family wedding in May and another in July. I'd like to feel more comfortable in my skin by then, and my goal is to be at 185 for next Christmas.

I'm currently in a massive pain flare this week (I think it's been brought on by a few personal stresses this week) so I feel like I'm really struggling both emotionally and physically. I've been up since 2am and meant to be working, but I think that's going to be a lost cause ha. I'm hoping this new group can help shake me back out this black cloud.

I'll be spending this weekend at my parents (my mum has a Super Bowl party every year) and my mum is a feeder. I'll need to try and keep sensible head on :D
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Oh, I am TOTALLY an emotional eater. I think this is why my weight loss was so successful while my husband was out of town. I love him dearly, but he can worry the p!$$ out of you!!! I did really well yesterday until bedtime. I woke up and something was just on my mind - I went and late night snacked to the tune of 180 calories. Could have been worse!!! I cannot keep snack foods at work for this reason. Let one client yell at me and I would eat my ENTIRE snack drawer. THIS is where I need more discipline.

On a different topic - I just scheduled a 5k for Saturday. Both races I had scheduled for December were cancelled due to weather, and I did not schedule anything for January. I am really excited to get some pavement under me again!!!!!!!!!

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Ok....Hi, I tried to enter my weight, but in the spreadsheet it tells me I only have viewing mode and I can't add it in so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong ?
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Kelly 46 year old single mom of 2 17 and 19 yr old. Love running lost weight and was comfortable at my weight kept it off for years. Then life divorce female issues running injuries and I have gained back weight. Total emotional eater with hormone troubles that make it even more troubling. No excuses though I did it once and was healthy and comfortable in my skin and I am going to get back there. My goals are to lose 15-20 and not let food be my comfort..get back to fueling my body and get back to races! I am signed up for 2 so far this year!
    Iamworthy14
    CW 162.00
    GW 148.00
    Love the support of this group.....and I want to be here for you all!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Ok....Hi, I tried to enter my weight, but in the spreadsheet it tells me I only have viewing mode and I can't add it in so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong ?

Hello
    You post it here and the captains enter it.
This discussion has been closed.